Ok, after initial listen and all the hype. It's an average album. Chris' songs, while cool/good, aren't Muse and shouldn't be on there. 2nd law tracks are awesome but it's exogenesis all over again - they've wasted space for real tracks with them.

the resistance showed that at the time, they literally couldn't write any more good tracks, seeing as there were no songs cut and everything other than MK/Exo was garbage

I don't get how Explorers "makes no sense," though.

I get nothing from it. It's rather boring, and just not good. At least Big Freeze has a few redeeming qualities. It reminds me of Map of The Problematique kinda, with a huge U2 twist. The "Hear me, what words cannot convey" parts are nice too.

Hm. I'm not entirely sold on Explorers yet. I'm not really feeling it right now. Everything else is ace.

Idk that song and Big Freeze don't sound like Muse. thats my problem here other than a couple songs Muse doesn't really have their identifiable tone. I used to be able to call a muse song just on Matt's guitar tone as it used to be one of a kind unique to him but now he hardly uses that tone anymore.

Idk that song and Big Freeze don't sound like Muse. thats my problem here other than a couple songs Muse doesn't really have their identifiable tone. I used to be able to call a muse song just on Matt's guitar tone as it used to be one of a kind unique to him but now he hardly uses that tone anymore.

Big Freeze definitely has a lot of Muse elements, but it has a huge U2 element in it too. Explorers is just kinda....there.

Big Freeze definitely has a lot of Muse elements, but it has a huge U2 element in it too. Explorers is just kinda....there.
Big Freeze just sounds like Muse covering U2. Yeah its got Matt's voice and some museyness but its main course is U2.

Also to me, this is gonna sound retarded, but the songs just seem too upbeat. I like Muse's dark side. And they don't show it enough these days.

Supremacy > Animals > Panic Station > Follow Me > Liquid State > Unsustainable > Isolated System > Survival/Prelude > Madness > Save Me > Big Freeze > Explorers....

Yeah, Big Freeze and Explorers were a bit of a snooze to me. Don't understand how Explorers got compared to Blackout, but whatever. Overall, an ok album. Better than Resistance to say the least! I'm glad Matt is showing off his vocal range this album as well.

final rating: 4/10

It's got one really good song in Animals. It has three good songs in Save Me, Liquid State, and Isolated System. The rest of the album just falls flat on it's face.

I'm all for experimenting with genres, but I feel like they were just diving into a new style in each song without trying to catch their breath first.

Archived