After a few listens, the first 7 tracks are my favourites by far, I can see myself listening to these over and over again. However, the rest sound mostly like filler.

I don't think Chris' songs are strong enough. When Noel Gallagher started to let other band members write songs for Oasis albums, that was the beginning of the end for them - each album got gradually worse, and their compositions weren't half as good as what Noel had to offer. I believe the same is true with Muse. No offence at all to Chris, but I personally hope Matt continues to write most, if not all, future tracks.

And as for Unsustainable and Isolated System, I really dislike them. I enjoy a good singalong, so the lack of lyrics really irks me. Isolated System, especially, doesn't seem to go anywhere, with hardly any change in direction, rhythm or sound for the whole 5 minutes, and is a boring and pointless way to close an album. Give me Knights or Exogenesis any day.

I don't mind Chris' songs, but I think they shouldn't have been put together... If they were separated, it would feel a lot better.

Overall, I'm impressed. More than I was on first listen of TR.

Reminds me a lot of a film soundtrack. Weakest ending of any Muse album so far.

I'll give it a 7/10.

Highlights:

Explorers

Panic Station

Supremacy

Fillers:

Save Me

Unsustainable

Isolated System

I think it will be completely panned by critics though

It's one of their best to me. Stronger than HTAILY, on the same level of Megalomania (maybe even better), stronger than Redemption, better than RBS

This.

Don't worry Fabri, I think it's one of the best ending too. :kiss:

Creepy and apocalyptic-like.

Anyone aside from bumpypotato and myself waiting until release day to listen to new songs?

Other people in here: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=87665

People really don't like the ending? :erm:

I love Isolated System! I'm glad I held out and waited until listening to all of the other songs before listening to it.

The "shhh,go to sleep" is the biggest WTF Muse moment ever.

:LOL: Agreed.

People really don't like the ending? :erm:

It's one of their best to me. Stronger than HTAILY, on the same level of Megalomania (maybe even better), stronger than Redemption, better than RBS

Yeah, but all those had lyrics.

The ending here is all instrumental (with samples thrown in). Some people might not like instrumental tracks.

Personally, I love the final piece. One of the early reviewers compared the piano bits to the theme from "The Exorcist", which is alright by me as I love the first part of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells.

I wish Unsustainable was instrumental too. Matt awkwardly wailing nothing for two seconds out of nowhere in that song is one of the most awkward things they've ever done.

I consider the vocals in that track as part of the "instrumentation" tbh.

Unsustainable would have worked so much better if they'd found a proper ending for it.

Yeah, but all those had lyrics.

The ending here is all instrumental (with samples thrown in). Some people might not like instrumental tracks.

Personally, I love the final piece. One of the early reviewers compared the piano bits to the theme from "The Exorcist", which is alright by me as I love the first part of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells.

It actually reminds me of some of the contemporary classical/ambient I have lying around, which since I love the stuff, is a good thing in my books.

It actually reminds me of some of the contemporary classical/ambient I have lying around, which since I love the stuff, is a good thing in my books.

I'm a sucker for a good instrumental. What I love about this is the dance-ish beat going on in the background.

I don't get why people are against Muse having instrumentals on an album. Is it because the only Muse instrumentals we have from the past were B-sides?

Archived