Why? I really don't get the hate for it, it's just realistic - people of today are mean and brainwashed.

And really,the worst? Worse than "fuse helium 3" and "stellar clouds of gas" ? And all of Survival?

Fuse Helium 3 and Stellar clouds of gas = amazing.

Mean just sounds so immature to me. But it's not the worst by far.

Same here. I couldn't even believe at first that it is actually "mean". But... oh well... Now sometimes I smile when I hear and sing this part. :D

And what is so wrong about fuse helium 3? :p

It sounds immature, like something a child would say.

Hmm I haven't thought about it in that way.

I suppose I may have a different perspective as I am not looking to Matt to represent maturity. That doesn't mean I don't think he is mature, just that I don't find it important.

But in any case, even if it is an immature word which hadn't occurred to me, I think, in context, it works. It is referring to the behaviour of children afterall.

I like it. :)

I like "fuse helium-3." In the song it doesn't really sound very bad. "Mean" could have been replaced with many different words and that's why it irks. Also "stellar clouds of gas" is pretty laughable. Actually it's just the "gas" part. Probably the worst on the album. I honestly don't mind the Survival lyrics. A bit cheesy but they sound find in terms of the song.

Archived