::::sigh::::

It's so subjective, it's not even worth arguing about. Why do some people like the taste of certain things? It's a lot like trying to describe why I like Overdue and the way it is sung.

It's okay to disagree, I don't mind.

I don't really mind Overdue, but I'm just curious as to how "not well done" can be a reason to like something. :p

Maybe it's because he hits every note head on and doesn't slide into it, like in other songs.;)

No really, I just really like the tone of his voice, and the way he says certain words, and the feeling of the song. Between the different elements of it, it feels sort of urgent, like he's trying to explain something real quick before he's about to jump on you and take advantage...

:LOL:

Maybe it's because he hits every note head on and doesn't slide into it, like in other songs.;)

No really, I just really like the tone of his voice, and the way he says certain words, and the feeling of the song. Between the different elements of it, it feels sort of urgent, like he's trying to explain something real quick before he's about to jump on you and take advantage...

:LOL:

:erm: Except that he sounds about 12.

I like the way Matt sings now better. I think his voice has improved over the last two albums, live as well.

I love:

- The last minute. The band goes crazy.

- The falsettos.

- The lyrics, so simple but are fine.

I HATE:

- Dom's work. Seriously, it's so boring and easy. I prefered something more bombastic.

- The guitar sound. It's so weak, does anybody think the same?

I love:

- The falsettos.

I HATE:

- Dom's work. Seriously, it's so boring and easy. I prefered something more bombastic.

- :yesey:

- more or less, yeah.

- wut

I love:

- The falsettos.

I HATE:

The simple drumming adds to the song imho, and then it's rather nice in the fast section towards the end. However I think there are more opportunities for cooler fills here and there, so partly agree.

And I think the guitar is fine, but it's a lot better and fuller sounding live.

I think Dom mentioned he liked playing Supremacy on the drums? Probably his most favorite?

And the guitar sounds cool. Much amazing live.

On the guitar sound part: I like Matt's job there but I think that the sound is miles better live than in the mix of the album.

Well, Dom can love his part on Supremacy, but I don't like it. The simplicity can be perfect for example in Panic Station, but in Supremacy... :rolleyes:

On the guitar sound part: I like Matt's job there but I think that the sound is miles better live than in the mix of the album.

Well, Dom can love his part on Supremacy, but I don't like it. The simplicity can be perfect for example in Panic Station, but in Supremacy... :rolleyes:

I agree with the lack of epic fills, there could be a few more. However the drumming during the main riff is just fucking perfect. Less is more.

I agree with the lack of epic fills, there could be a few more. However the drumming during the main riff is just fucking perfect. Less is more.

This, so much. The simple drums keep the song grounded in that 4/4 groove while the guitar keeps playing on the offbeats making it sound so fucking immense. Perfect choice of drum pattern, in my opinion. He doesn't do anything fancy, but adds so much to the song in doing so. I admit he could get a more creative with his fills, but otherwise it's perfect.

I rather like Overdue and Sober. In fact, there is nothing on Shoebox (I am going to call it that from now on :LOL:) that I hate. There's weaker songs, but there's nothing on there I would call shit. If it's weak on vocals, the music makes up, and vice versa. If it's boring (uninteded) the lyrics make up.

I actually hate Big Freeze. And the chorus of Explorers.

That being said, overall, I rate T2L higher than Shoebox. Which is weird.

Apprently, I am schizophrenic.

I think there is no really bad song on Showbiz too - just not that good as the Muse average - for me that would be Sober...But there are songs that I like much more than most of the T2L - Unintended, Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Escape, Falling Down...The flow of the album is really bad, but judging all songs on the album - Showbiz wins...Judging just the 4 or 5 "hits" - T2L wins even though nothing can beat Unintended for me...And Muscle Museum live versions from 2004 :dance::matt:

Back to the topic - Supremacy is great ! ! ! Can't wait to hear that live. Because the riff kinda needs more live feeling - the album version is great but it needs Matt's more fuzzy live sound ! And a hall full of screaming people !

I wonder if the line "policies have risen up" was intended to be a pun, because it was the first thing I noticed and I really like it :D pretty clever for Muse lyrics anyway

Apart from "Children being mean" (which has so many better alternatives that fit it's just incredibly annoying), the lyrics in Supremacy are really good imo.

Archived