• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No, it is good, but not amazing. An album with Explorers and Save Me can't be amazing. Even without the two it still wouldn't be amazing.

Explorers and Save Me are 10 times better than Madness and Big Freeze, which would be the reason, if any, for the lower quality of T2L.

No, it is good, but not amazing.

Agree.

An album with Explorers and Save Me can't be amazing.

Somewhat agree.

Even without the two it still wouldn't be amazing.

Agree, although to me T2L would be worse without Explorers.

Explorers and Save Me are 10 times better than Madness and Big Freeze, which would be the reason, if any, for the lower quality of T2L.

Madness is probably one of the best songs on T2L and BF is great for what it is. Explorers is just dull and Save Me doesn't go anywhere.

On an unreleated note, I find it funny how Save Me just begins and Liquid State suddenly ends. :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...

to describe supremacy i'm gonna have to quote the best muse review i saw on metacritic... cudos to whoever wrote it (username reece_cairns)

"The 2nd Law can be summed up by listening to the first minute of the first track, Supremacy. It shows the two sides to Muse; the grandiose screeching guitar riffs and apocalyptic rhythms, but also the soothing symphonic passages which act as reflection scenes on the album. This first song is crying out to be the soundtrack to a James Bond film as it resembles Led Zeppelin’s Kashmir before it settles into the contrasting military-like march which leads you to believe Muse have skydived as 007 and landed into the aftermath of an epic sci-fi battle. The lyrics towards the end of this section suggest something is building up; “You don’t have long, I am on to you, the time, it has come” (are you ready?) “To destroy…” Prepare yourself as Bellamy exclaims “Your supremecyyyy!” with all of his might whilst being overdosed on voice effects''

Archived