Matt's beatboxing was brilliant. :LOL:

If anyone in future has the chance to get seats behind the stage, definitely go for it. Wouldn't have wanted to be sitting anywhere else, AND they're cheaper!

The two O2 shows have become my favourite two Muse experiences ever, surpassing both Wembley's, Reading and the Roundhouse. Who said arena gigs were average? :awesome:

I can't kid myself any longer - Muse just aren't that great live any more. I felt like I was watching playback tonight.

/end.

aye, that is how I felt after seeing them yesterday

A lot of people were loving it, but for me it just isn't a live music experience I enjoy anymore. Too much focus on style rather than the music.

What was wrong with the other songs? I mean, why did it seem playback to you?

Because they're almost indistinguishable from the album versions, they're performed almost identically every night, Matt barely plays half his guitar parts now, every track is played to a click track to make it uniform, the gig was really REALLY quiet, etc.

It's just fucking bland and boring. I was hoping I would feel the punch more being there but I just didn't. Completely soulless.

A few moments stood out - Headup after New Born was absolutely brutal, as was the riffage in Survival, and Chris on Liquid State - but otherwise it's just safe safe safe.

Not my cuppa. Last big/standard Muse gig I go to. I'll turn out for the special ones (like the ones I've caught before - RAH, Eden, Teignmouth, etc) but not arena or stadium shows.

Weird, I've been to some of the more 'famous' shows of the last few years yet the O2 gigs seemed like the first time where you could see them as people as well as just musicians. Might have just been because of Matt's participation with the back but to me they seemed more 'connected' to their audience than any other time I've seen them.

EDIT: Another interesting note, the sound was louder and 'heavier' sitting behind the stage than it was when I was on the barrier yesterday. Unsustainable, Supremacy, New Born, the Headup riff and Knights absolutely exploded this evening, and my ears are ringing a lot more than they were yesterday. (after the Roundhouse they weren't ringing at all...)

Because they're almost indistinguishable from the album versions, they're performed almost identically every night, Matt barely plays half his guitar parts now, every track is played to a click track to make it uniform, the gig was really REALLY quiet, etc.

I must admit, that's how I felt when I saw them even during the last tour. While of course I'm expecting it to seem a fair chunk like the album versions, the lack of any improvisation other than Matt throwing some moaning in here and there just made it seem so...plastic. Judging from other people's comments, I assume it would be the same on this tour.

At the time it didn't worry me seeing Muse were my first major gig, but having been to a few since then, when I look back it seems very underwhelming. Nothing stood out from the Muse gig, whereas I can remember many other moments from other gigs. All I remember is feeling blargh during SMBH.

It's just fucking bland and boring. I was hoping I would feel the punch more being

There but I just didn't. Completely soulless.

A few moments stood out - Headup after New Born was absolutely brutal, as was the riffage in Survival, and Chris on Liquid State - but otherwise it's just safe safe safe.

Not my cuppa. Last big/standard Muse gig I go to. I'll turn out for the special ones (like the ones I've caught before - RAH, Eden, Teignmouth, etc) but not arena or stadium shows.

Yeah, I agree up to a point. My night ended up being fucked for other reasons but a lot of the tracks were a bit... Bland? Unsustainable, Supremacy, Animals, Falling Down and NB's riff I loved, but the rest...

I dunno. Many things combined to make this first gig to be a rather shit experience for me, annoyingly. Most seemed to be loving it though. Although I was slightly annoyed at the person that made me feel bored by just filming most of the time.

ON THE PLUS SIDE, I SAW DOM, JAMIE, AND MADE EYE CONTACT WITH L. AND WAS RATHER CLOSE TO KIRKY THROUGHOUT THE GIG.

Think next time (if) I'll probably get seated tix though, most were standing in the seated part anyway.

edit: Expecting Megalomania and Sunburn to get played after apparently being soundchecked was soul destroying too :LOL:

Archived