Supremacy and Liquid State were awesome but the riff on Animals still wasn't that loud.

I was expecting it to just kick in and just blow up the arena (or something). It just felt a bit underwhelming for me. Might have been where I was in the arena.

I think it was, the rocky bit in Animals sounded massive where I was.

I was surprised there wasn't any actual moshing, just people jumping about, I was jumping to just about all the songs except the slower ones, I was even jumping to the chorus of resistance :LOL:

Maybe I was just REALLY excited

Same! I jumped at everything :LOL: even the end of madness for a bit and the lead up to the piano solo in RBS I bounced a bit :chuckle:

The only song I noticed moshing was map, I got pushed around a lot by a few dickheads who thought it would be funny to run straight through the crowd as fast as they could :mad:

I need a video of matts beat boxing!

I think I'm going to get tickets for MSG (first gig wooooooo), and I was wondering if people prefer having seats further back or completely to the side of the stage (on the second tier). I suppose it all comes down to enjoying the full spectacle vs. being closer the band but if anyone can offer any further argument for either one, I'd be glad to hear it.

Because they're almost indistinguishable from the album versions, they're performed almost identically every night, Matt barely plays half his guitar parts now, every track is played to a click track to make it uniform, the gig was really REALLY quiet, etc.

It's just fucking bland and boring. I was hoping I would feel the punch more being there but I just didn't. Completely soulless.

A few moments stood out - Headup after New Born was absolutely brutal, as was the riffage in Survival, and Chris on Liquid State - but otherwise it's just safe safe safe.

Not my cuppa. Last big/standard Muse gig I go to. I'll turn out for the special ones (like the ones I've caught before - RAH, Eden, Teignmouth, etc) but not arena or stadium shows.

Well your experience, but I couldn't feel more different. Didn't think it was too quiet, it was a good volume, I don't need to go home with my ears ringing to enjoy a gig. I am impressed that the songs are performed perfectly, exquisitely I would say (there were a couple of times when Matt went into falsetto, instead of chest voice, but that sounded so much better live than on You Tube videos). And the live versions sound massive in comparison to listening to a CD, especially noticeable on Liquid State, what a difference.

Plus what makes a big difference to me is sharing the same time and space with the band (alongside 20,000 other people of course). It makes such a difference to feel a part of it rather than just watching TV or listening to a CD. It feels more social, rather than being a spectator. It's difficult to explain.

Plus it's about being able to express, dance along, hit the air, whatever, the stuff that has to happen in the privacy of my kitchen :chuckle: (when no one's looking I mean) and has to be suppressed when I'm sitting on a bus or driving the car. Listening to a CD is a solitary experience. It's the shared experience, the energy and spectacle, together with fact that I love the music that makes it, for me, so worth attending. As for "soulless" I don't know how you can feel that, but oh well, that's you're opinion. I don't think the band were feeling it was soulless. I think there is possibly more soul in this latest album than ever, and I think they are doing their best to translate that into an impressive show.

If I have one criticism, it is that they overdo it a bit on the amount of slow songs close together. That's not for my own benefit, as I love the melodic songs, but it makes me feel a bit anxious that my heavy metal loving family will lose interest. But on the other hand, that's their problem really, that their music tastes are narrow.

Whats the view like from the back of the stage guys ???...........have tickets but could only get these rear view ones.............also cannot believe some dorks actually stay seated during a concert I,m over 40 and never sit down ............ever!!:LOL:

Whats the view like from the back of the stage guys ???...........have tickets but could only get these rear view ones.............also cannot believe some dorks actually stay seated during a concert I,m over 40 and never sit down ............ever!!:LOL:

From what i've seen (youtube videos, photos) the view from the back is fucking awesome.

Both nights were fantastic, there was no clear winner for me.

What made Headup so crazy for me was that I saw them do the same thing only about 3 weeks ago and it made no impression whatsoever. So this time I wasn't expecting much, and it ended up being one of the heaviest drops I've ever seen.

Whats the view like from the back of the stage guys ???...........have tickets but could only get

these rear view ones.............also cannot believe some dorks actually stay seated during a concert I,m over 40 and never sit down ............ever!!:LOL:

The rear seats are really excellent. The sound is phenomenal, Matt gives you a lot of attention, the view is really cool and they're cheaper!

Supremacy and Liquid State were awesome but the riff on Animals still wasn't that loud.

I was expecting it to just kick in and just blow up the arena (or something). It just felt a bit underwhelming for me. Might have been where I was in the arena.

It did where I was!

Archived