2012.09.30 - The Roundhouse, London, UK

chudenk

Sorry, I'm still a little confused about the xfm comp. Do we just call in whenever we hear a Muse song? :confused:

What's so confusing?:unsure: I've explained a few posts above, they haven't given any Muse tickets away yet, what day they will is anyone's guess, they will announce it on the radio on the day and tell you what song to listen out for, then you text in, I'm guessing it will be Madness.

I'm presuming there will also be an online comp as well, as there are comps for Elbow and Jack White, they are separate comps. :happy:

Oh right sorry, I completely misunderstood and didn't realise they gave a warning beforehand. Thought we had to just call in whenever we heard a Muse song :p Knowing my luck it will be on a day when I'm mega busy or won't have access to a radio/the internet but nevermind

For the radio comp you have to listen, seems like it was The Killers yesterday and Elbow today, you text in on hearing a specific song. Don't know what day they will do Muse, guess it's a good way to make you listen to XFM continually for however long it takes.

They are also doing comps online but the Muse one isn't up yet, just Jack White and Elbow, it may be a while as they are the last band to play.

Ah thanks.

I never listen to the radio so won't be entering that way! I'll keep my eye out for an online comp - that was what I thought I had missed.

Pip have you got tickets already?

No, I've applied via iTunes though. Absolutely not anticipating a win!

Would laugh if you did win though Pip.

Me neither Pip:(.

Although I am anticipating winning the Biffy ones, that I now realise I can no longer attend as I'm going to a wedding :facepalm::'(

Would laugh if you did win though Pip.

I've applied for numerous tickets in the past and never been successful!

Me neither Pip:(.

Although I am anticipating winning the Biffy ones, that I now realise I can no longer attend as I'm going to a wedding :facepalm::'(

Well obviously you will win those, yes :LOL:

I mean :(

I haven't been able to enter via XFM. Is that a future competition or did I just miss it?

I believe you need to listen for a song by Muse, then ring in? Something along those lines, anyway!

Yeah, this.

I don't think they've got to Muse yet, though. We've got XFM on in the office every day, so I can almost always find out when they're running competitions. I'll be texting in frantically when they do the Muse part... and they've said there will be a competition to win Muse tickets on their site, so it'll happen soon (I hope)!

There's gonna be an uprising if they don't announce the damn .mu competition next week! :mad:

what I don't understand is that the Roundhouse has a capacity of 5000 yet itunes are only giving away 160 pairs of tickets?!

I 've never won tickets to the iTunes fest in previous years but last year I went to White Lies and The Wombats by turning up earlier on in the day and they let in about 50 or so people who didn't have tickets in a stand by queue. Something tells me this won't be happening at Muse though!

I can't imagine how amazing it would be to see Muse in such an intimate venue :eek:

what I don't understand is that the Roundhouse has a capacity of 5000 yet itunes are only giving away 160 pairs of tickets?!

I 've never won tickets to the iTunes fest in previous years but last year I went to White Lies and The Wombats by turning up earlier on in the day and they let in about 50 or so people who didn't have tickets in a stand by queue. Something tells me this won't be happening at Muse though!

I can't imagine how amazing it would be to see Muse in such an intimate venue :eek:

It's not 5000 capacity, it's 3300 standing OR 1700 seated.

Itunes are not the only place to win tickets, there is Metro, XFM, band's own websites etc. But yes I get your point, I think getting in at the door just depends on how many people who win don't turn up. I can't see that will be very many with Muse, but it might be worth a shot if you don't have too far to travel and have got nothing better to do for the day, but it's a risk.

It's not 5000 capacity, it's 3300 standing OR 1700 seated.

Itunes are not the only place to win tickets, there is Metro, XFM, band's own websites etc. But yes I get your point, I think getting in at the door just depends on how many people who win don't turn up. I can't see that will be very many with Muse, but it might be worth a shot if you don't have too far to travel and have got nothing better to do for the day, but it's a risk.

I'll definitely be there on the day if I don't get tickets. I'd rather know I exhausted every possible option than not go at all! I might resort to begging if all else fails :LOL:

Little advice Musers?

I have a friend - my best friend in fact - who is really desperate to go to this gig and is after my +1. Although he was originally my first choice (before I won), once I'd actually won the tickets I thought I'd put a bit more consideration into who I take and have instead opted to take another very close friend who is also desperate to see Muse, hasn't before and isn't likely to for at least another few years - whereas my best friend has seen them twice already and will be a third time next month. So in the interests of fairness to all my friends, I think this is the right choice.

Only, my "best" friend is now kicking up a fuss and threatening to never speak to me again if I don't take him (because ultimately, great friendships can only survive if the other person gives you free shit?). Usually I would say fuck it and let his selfish ass walk away but of course I don't want to lose a good friend.

What do I do? If only people were as interested in my penis as they are in my free Muse ticket.

Little advice Musers?

I have a friend - my best friend in fact - who is really desperate to go to this gig and is after my +1. Although he was originally my first choice (before I won), once I'd actually won the tickets I thought I'd put a bit more consideration into who I take and have instead opted to take another very close friend who is also desperate to see Muse, hasn't before and isn't likely to for at least another few years - whereas my best friend has seen them twice already and will be a third time next month. So in the interests of fairness to all my friends, I think this is the right choice.

Only, my "best" friend is now kicking up a fuss and threatening to never speak to me again if I don't take him (because ultimately, great friendships can only survive if the other person gives you free shit?). Usually I would say fuck it and let his selfish ass walk away but of course I don't want to lose a good friend.

What do I do? If only people were as interested in my penis as they are in my free Muse ticket.

Give it to the person who hasn't seen them before, it's only fair really. The other guy sounds like he's being a dick. It's not like he's entitled to the ticket.

You should just not take them and take me instead because I'm awesome.

But really, that's actually a really decent thing to do. Your friend's just being a baby because they feel like they're missing out on a big thing. They'll get over it.

I would hope so, but I'm still apprehensive. I'm too nice, I don't like anybody being pissed off with me for any amount of time. xD I've even offered to buy him a stadium tour ticket (should there be one) by way of apology and he's refused!

Archived