How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

The official 30 second clip on the BBC website is a different clip to the one posted earlier as a twitvid (sorry if I am repeating what's already been said) but I still don't like it... I am hoping the full version will be revealed in total, glorious, splendid beauty a little later... but I am not holding my breath.

Some of the vocals, and honestly more of the lyrics in this case, I think it what screamed "Queen" to me, once I thought about it.

My brain is tired, and just asked me "Muse's "We are the Champions"?" upon hearing the clip.

Like I said, if it wasn't for Bells' voice.

Life's a race and I'm going to win. Yes I'm going to win and I'll light the fuse and I'll never lose.I choose to survive. Whatever it takes. You won't pull ahead, I'll keep up the pace.

These are ACTUAL lyrics to an ACTUAL song.

Life's a race and I'm going to win. Yes I'm going to win and I'll light the fuse and I'll never lose.I choose to survive. Whatever it takes. You won't pull ahead, I'll keep up the pace.

These are ACTUAL lyrics to an ACTUAL song.

:'(

I still love their first album most but Velociraptor is excellent.

Velociraptor's my favourite album I've heard of theirs, not listened to the first in full yet though.

Started listen to Radio 1 now, my body is ready.

I think their first album is really good-- but there are some tracks on there that I can take or leave. Velociraptor I can sit and listen to start to finish and love every minute. Might be because I saw them live for the first time during this era.

Essential for the board after the song premieres:

popcorn.jpg

EDIT: Oh now I want some :(

:( Me too. And I have none. I will send someone out to get it.

They could have said no and gone and done something that wasn't completely sell out. I'm only really here for the curiosity but it's been obvious it is going to be THAT type of album again. Still unsustainable was interesting.

Sell out. People are already saying it :LOL:

Well that's not much of a gem considering they play it at 99% of gigs :LOL:

Actually, we got Guiding Light, as well. But I infer that someone will delete my account - or insult me until I end it - if I admit that song is a guilty pleasure of mine. Which it is.

It reminds me of having a really strong, yet unpleasant, emotion bottled up inside, and what that would feel like just embarassingly blowing out of me in song in front of a large audience. Epic, but not for everyone... and maybe a little embarassing.

A big part of what I've always liked about Muse is it always felt the music was for them, not us. If that makes sense. Or maybe just an extension of Matt's brain at the time it was created.

Maybe that's why this written for the Olympics song rubs me the wrong way even though I haven't heard it.

Archived