How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Isnt that BBC clip (the 3rd one) the same as the very first one we heard earlier, just better quality?

Not really sure about that bit anyway, hopefully it's just like a olympic TV coverage friendly intro. Hoping the majority of the song is the awesome falsetto/riffy bit

not liking the lyrics so far - i hate obvious rhymes and lazy vocabulary in lyrics

not keen on the backing vocal either.

let's hope the rest of the song makes me forget this bit. :happy:

This is really reminding me of something - a specific song that I can't recall right now. it may come to me later...

Well at least Kasabian are still decent.

True. Kasabian are getting better with each album if you ask me.

Hahaha NME claim you can listen to the song right now!!!

The page they send you to is empty

:LOL: I saw that earlier and I saw the panic of people when they thought they could and realised they couldn't. Bear-baiting.

Also bear in mind this track will replace MOTP, TiRO, Blackout, and various those other gems that will barely get played anymore.

Not neccessarily! They don't play a few of TR's tracks.

To be fair the album preview is very very different. It's just that Survival had to be like this and follow those kind of lyrics because it's for the Olympics.

Also bear in mind this track will replace MOTP, TiRO, Blackout, and various those other gems that will barely get played anymore.

I live in an area of the US with even poorer than standard taste in music. Muse isn't ever played on the radio, and the only "gem" I got at my Muse concert was Feeling Good. Which was sort of a boobie prize. hehe

Not neccessarily! They don't play a few of TR's tracks.

To be fair the album preview is very very different. It's just that Survival had to be like this and follow those kind of lyrics because it's for the Olympics.

They could have said no and gone and done something that wasn't completely sell out. I'm only really here for the curiosity but it's been obvious it is going to be THAT type of album again. Still unsustainable was interesting.

I still love their first album most but Velociraptor is excellent.

Velociraptor's my favourite album I've heard of theirs, not listened to the first in full yet though.

Started listen to Radio 1 now, my body is ready.

The Queen comparisons are bullshit. Some of the Resistance stuff definitely was Queen-y but if it weren't for Bells' voice in places, Survival would be nothing like Queen. When have you ever heard Queen do a riff like that? :LOL:

Some of the vocals, and honestly more of the lyrics in this case, I think it what screamed "Queen" to me, once I thought about it.

My brain is tired, and just asked me "Muse's "We are the Champions"?" upon hearing the clip.

looking at Barcelona..it all becomes clear..Survival is missing an epic opera lady! What I'd give to see Matt perform it live with SuBo :p

You can't beat Freddie, impossible...You can be different but never better. He was a god - 3 singers a pianist and hell of a showman in one person...But still, I like Matt more ! :D

But he could do something with, let's say, Renée Fleming ?

Matt's usual subversive lyrics really wouldn't have been appropriate.

Indeed :LOL:

They could have said no and gone and done something that wasn't completely sell out. I'm only really here for the curiosity but it's been obvious it is going to be THAT type of album again. Still unsustainable was interesting.

Oh come on, which band in their right mind would say no to doing the main Olympics track?

We cannae judge the album on what this song sounds like really. It's a different context because of what it's intended for

I live in an area of the US with even poorer than standard taste in music. Muse isn't ever played on the radio, and the only "gem" I got at my Muse concert was Feeling Good. Which was sort of a boobie prize. hehe

I got Ruled by Secrecy.

It's not sell out. It's an honor.

Some of y'all are being f'ing retarded, pardon my French.

How do we know it's going to be THAT kind of album? Between this and the trailer, it seems heavy.

Archived