Are you happy with the new kind of presale?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new kind of presale?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

My main issue with the presale isn't of the concept of the lottery... It's the organisation, or lack of.

It doesn't seem like there was any sort of screening process to determine whether the person who applied for ticket had an account prior to the presale being announced or whether they applied after. It is pretty obvious that the people that applied after presale was announced did it on a whim and some of them would've also been touts.

The .mu site said tickets would be allotted on the 13th; Crowdsurge on the 12th-- and it occurred over the two. They also said everyone would know by the 13th, successful or not... But actually it's now the following day and still some people haven't heard.

Crowdsurge customer services had no idea what was going on either. They'd say one thing and then something else would happen. Updating us generally didn't happen and individual cases weren't dealt with to an acceptable standard or time.

Then some people received presale links and others didn't-- they didn't even tell people how they decided to do that. And if it was random, then really that's not fair either.

They also could of given us a little indication as to how many tickets were going to be allotted to presale. It could of given us an idea as to how many tickets we were all scrabbling over.

The biggest qualm I have is the fact that they said that no funds would be taken prior to being successful for tickets. Instead, they have 'reserved' funds-- which means although they haven't physically taken any money in transactions they've made the money unavailable to us so it's like taking it from us anyway. They didn't warn us so some people have been massively caught out and then ended up being overdrawn or missing out on tickets altogether. And then we've been told that some release of funds isn't going to be for 14 days? (That's more of a bank thing, but some warning would've been nice!)

Bottom line; CrowdSurge couldn't handle it, it ended up going to the dogs... Which meant general sale became worse-- because more people/fans that would've had tickets from presale ended up out in the lurch and none of us really knew what was going on.

This sums-up perfectly the issues soooooooo many of us have had.

I simply do not believe that 'the majority' of fans have been happy with their Crowdsurge experience, regardless of whether they were successful with their ticket applications or not. A considerable number of people have been put through a pretty stressful situation (particularly those who feared/still fear becoming overdrawn due to funds being made unavailable to them).

My main issue with the presale isn't of the concept of the lottery... It's the organisation, or lack of.

It doesn't seem like there was any sort of screening process to determine whether the person who applied for ticket had an account prior to the presale being announced or whether they applied after. It is pretty obvious that the people that applied after presale was announced did it on a whim and some of them would've also been touts.

The .mu site said tickets would be allotted on the 13th; Crowdsurge on the 12th-- and it occurred over the two. They also said everyone would know by the 13th, successful or not... But actually it's now the following day and still some people haven't heard.

Crowdsurge customer services had no idea what was going on either. They'd say one thing and then something else would happen. Updating us generally didn't happen and individual cases weren't dealt with to an acceptable standard or time.

Then some people received presale links and others didn't-- they didn't even tell people how they decided to do that. And if it was random, then really that's not fair either.

They also could of given us a little indication as to how many tickets were going to be allotted to presale. It could of given us an idea as to how many tickets we were all scrabbling over.

The biggest qualm I have is the fact that they said that no funds would be taken prior to being successful for tickets. Instead, they have 'reserved' funds-- which means although they haven't physically taken any money in transactions they've made the money unavailable to us so it's like taking it from us anyway. They didn't warn us so some people have been massively caught out and then ended up being overdrawn or missing out on tickets altogether. And then we've been told that some release of funds isn't going to be for 14 days? (That's more of a bank thing, but some warning would've been nice!)

Bottom line; CrowdSurge couldn't handle it, it ended up going to the dogs... Which meant general sale became worse-- because more people/fans that would've had tickets from presale ended up out in the lurch and none of us really knew what was going on.

Yeah I think that nicely sums up a lot of the major issues I have heard from people (posts, PMs, emails). Crowdsurge gave out a lot of confusing information via emails to different people (things about gmail not receiving their emails which doesn't really hold water considering there's no thinkable reason why a major email provider would flat our prevent people receiving email and plenty of people using gmail had no problem at all).

I guess not all technical problems can predicted, complex system break often. I do wish that the presale had been sign up date sensitive to prevent touts applying.

could be that gmail flagged their activity as suspicious because of the quantity of emails they were sending which put up a red flag. I got mine fine via gmail though.

Still something they shouldn't have happened as they must have known they were likely to send a few million emails and thus done approriate research for major email providers

I encourage everyone to claim the charges on their bank accounts, either the bank or Visa, MasterCard, Ameican Express, etc..

This is a scam. Have held hundreds of thousands of euros retained for 1 or 2 weeks, that is too much money only in interests.

All the cases what I know, the charges in accounts were made in duplicate. The authorizations were for a one payment no two.

If it was a mistake, Crowdsurge should work as stripper pipes or clowns in a circus, if not an error then it is a scam.

I at least want answers. No one gives them to me and I still have the money (in duplicate) retained.

While we can see that many of you here have incurred problems with the pre-sale, overall the majority of people do seem to have had a decent experience.

So where does this "majority" reside? On Cydonia where it's sunny all the time and the only thing you have to worry about are eagles? Judging from my facebook dashboard, there are an awful lot of pissed off people. Fools were definitely kings as far as this mess was concerned.

This bears repeating:

unsustainable.jpg

I think there are plenty of ways to minimise tout buying, but I guess the headlines look good as 'muse gig sold out within 5 minutes' :noey:

+ promoters get a really nice cut from the money made by secondary sites from the tickets that were sold at extortionate prices so it win/win for them.

For what I had read, if we had been assigned the ticket money would be taken away from us the 12th and we would have received an email the 13th.

Not only haven't I received any email (not even a confirmation that I was on the application process), but 50€ were taken away from my bank savings by CrowdSurge right away the 8th.

So now I'm moneyless and ticketless.

Oh, also, I had to make a new member account, because the member account I've had for more than a year and that I used to the ticket pre-sale thing apparently now it doesn't exist (though that was no problem when taking my money away from me apparently).

So, am I happy? You can bet I'm not.

could be that gmail flagged their activity as suspicious because of the quantity of emails they were sending which put up a red flag. I got mine fine via gmail though.

Still something they shouldn't have happened as they must have known they were likely to send a few million emails and thus done approriate research for major email providers

I would have thought gmail wouldn't just auto block such emails though without a small investigation first? Maybe not, I have no idea how it actually works! But yeah, would have though there'd be something to stop this sort of things happening anyway.

I would have thought gmail wouldn't just auto block such emails though without a small investigation first? Maybe not, I have no idea how it actually works! But yeah, would have though there'd be something to stop this sort of things happening anyway.

i'd think it'd be part of security measures to stop dos attacks. if you suddenly had a server not known for sending large quantities of email hitting your server you'd probably start rejecting it thinking it's trying to take you down.

No. Pre-sales, ballots, lotteries, pin codes etc are totally ineffective at stopping touting, especially if you allow anyone to sign up and enter after it's been announced. The ONLY way to stop touting is to insist that the person using the ticket must enter the venue with the person who bought it, to enforce the necessary identity checks and to refuse entry without exception to those who don't meet the criteria. Everything else is a gimmick, even if well intentioned.

XXI century and I feel Incomunicated. Nobody says anything, are missing and have been my supplies. They have no shame.

I can not believe. If something could be done wrong, they have succeeded, have done worse!

No, I'm not happy, I'm very, very, very fucked and not want to go to the concert, I want to fuck them.

DEADSTAR;9644166']Is this true? I even missed out that one because I never received any email at all :(

Don't worry, there were only about 7 tickets on sale through this anyway, I don't know of anyone who got one.

The pre-sale was a complete farse, after not having any luck with the ticket lottery I tried ticketmaster etc for the Manchester Arena only to find they are sold out.

Look on e-bay and there are loads of tickets all at extortionate prices being sold by obvious touts.

Tout sites such as Seatwave and Getmein have hundreds of tickets for sale again at greatly inflated prices.

The band are not to blame for the ticket farse, the organisers, promoters and ticket agencies are all to blame (who is getting the back handers ?)

Very Very disapointed Muse fan !!!!!

Re-Joined Forum due to problems with password not working - hence join date of 15-06-12

Ticketmaster is an American company, Live Nation and Ticketmaster are basically the same (Live Nation Entertainment) Ticketmaster also own ticket exchange sites Getmein and Tickets Now, it doesnt take a lot of working out where all the tickets go.

From an artist point of view they get a percentage of the initial ticket sales (nothing from re-sales) so the conclusion is fans loose out (big time), artists loose out and hey ho Ticketmaster and the touts Win Win.

Irvin Azoff CEO of Ticketmeaster, Getmein, Live Nation Entertainment and Tickets Now told a US senate judiciary's antitrust subcommittee :- "I don't believe there should be a secondary [tickets] market at all," Azoff also said. "I believe that scalping and resale should be illegal."

It would apear that goverments are not interested in what could be classed as extortion, the only peole who can change things are the artists if they value the people (fans) who put them in the privilaged positions they are in they need to do their bit and help to stamp out this practice of ticket re-sales.

DEADSTAR;9644166']Is this true? I even missed out that one because I never received any email at all :(

Me neither, Lukas! In fact, as far as Crowdsurge know, I am still waiting to find out if I even got a ticket in the lottery! :LOL::rolleyes:

The thing that annoyed me was you couldn't get seated tickets in the presale - I'm one of the few (older) people that would rather have seats even if I stand all the way through. So I couldn't get any at the pre sale, couldn't get any in the general sale as I work in a school and couldn't be anywhere near a computer at 10 a.m. so now I'm just hoping some more tickets will somehow come up for sale. Teignmouth and Wembley worked really well with the codes for the presale - why didn't you stick with that??

The thing that annoyed me was you couldn't get seated tickets in the presale - I'm one of the few (older) people that would rather have seats even if I stand all the way through. So I couldn't get any at the pre sale, couldn't get any in the general sale as I work in a school and couldn't be anywhere near a computer at 10 a.m. so now I'm just hoping some more tickets will somehow come up for sale. Teignmouth and Wembley worked really well with the codes for the presale - why didn't you stick with that??

My sentiments exactly!

You're right, only standing tickets on presale, why is that ? Not everyone intends to buy a standing ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How long will it take for the crowdsurge ones to come through? ><

Has anybody had them yet?

I want to swap and the friend I want to swap with got their muse tickets a while back from TicketMaster. Unfortunately, no ticket movement can happen until I have got them. :(

Archived