Are you happy with the new kind of presale?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new kind of presale?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Worse pre-sale I've encountered. This lottery did not do anything to cut down on touts getting tickets, it was poorly put together (i.e. not working properly on IE, people being charged twice) and the notification system is a joke.

I would rather have a normal presale where you stress for 30 minutes you get tickets or you don't than a system like this which has been dragging it over a day and has so many people worried and on edge waiting for an email.

This has been a scam! Have withheld from € 364 from my account on 07 June, I did not authorize this purchase.

CANCELED INMEDIATELY THE PAYMENT!!!

Esto es una estafa, te lo cobran por adelantando y dos veces, y no hay manera de contactar por telefono con ellos. Esto es un timo. Que se metan sus entradas por el culo!!

I don´t tickets, i don´t see Muse. CrowdSurge are a scammers!! CrowdSurge Customer Support it sucks.

It is shameful that Muse is managed by companies like this mafia

This has been a scam! Have withheld from € 364 from my account on 07 June, I did not authorize this purchase.

CANCELED INMEDIATELY THE PAYMENT!!!

Esto es una estafa, te lo cobran por adelantando y dos veces, y no hay manera de contactar por telefono con ellos. Esto es un timo. Que se metan sus entradas por el culo!!

I don´t tickets, i don´t see Muse. CrowdSurge are a scammers!! CrowdSurge Customer Support it sucks.

It is shameful that Muse is managed by companies like this mafia

Fuck the police :fear:

Named tickets is the way forward. Perhaps even with a photo on them like the Glastonbury system. (You could pre-register with the ticket agencies and be ready to rock and roll when the tickets go on sale.)

Limited to one per person so EVERYONE has to apply for their own ticket, even those in the same family etc. That is the only real fair way to share tickets out amongst so many fans.

This system has been a joke, not because I didn't get tickets but because of all the other problems (browser problems, money held, no emails at all, other pre-sales (? mentioned in other threads) etc).

My frustration is down to lack of communication. I received no email to confirm that I had applied in the first place and then no email to say whether successful or not. Im assuming no because the funds in my account are back to where they were.

So back to good old fashioned refreshing the online ticket pages a thousand times to try and get through!

I was unhappy too.

Putting aside the fact that the website wasn't properly designed, and the misinformation regarding what would happen with anywhere from £60-£240 of bank funds, and the confusing information about when emails would be sent, it failed at doing what it was supposed to do.

It means people like myself who have never not gotten a ticket in a presale have been left with nothing, while touts who happen to have access to a few credit or debit cards still managed to get tickets and put them on eBay. If the intention was to ensure that fans got tickets then implement a system where the tickets have an ID associated with them but can be cancelled before a certain time. That would kill all touting from the presale guaranteed without causing problems for those who latterly find they cannot attend the concert (the surplus tickets being sold in the weeks before the concert).

So essentially,

"I got tickets. But I understand how some people might have been frustrated. But I got tickets."

or

"I didn't get tickets and this system sucks. Muse sucks. Fuck the police."

I have tickets, four tickets for me.

I have 4 tickets from the lottery, but I'm frustrated because the managers of lottery had the money duplicate money since a one week. That, in Spain, is a scam.

€ 182 x person x duplicate x 1 week = too much money

I do not want me back what I've been overcharged. I want to return the 364 € that I was charged for the 4 tickets.

Again, this is a scam. I do not want to see Muse never, never ...

Crowdsurge scams!

That disappointment! Switchfoot to Muse!

voted no because ....

1. no confirmation email was sent

2. still not received an email to say if I was successful or not.

3. money still being held and therefore im asuming I aint got one and there wont be enought money in my account to try and get one tomorrow

overall poor system has caused me to be stressed by it, next time muse tour ill be trying the usual thing of see tics etc and taking my chances that way.

p.s this was designed to stop touts, sorry but there popping up on ebay, you cant really stop touts unless its like a glastonbury photo type thing but that would cost more im guessing and prob only works with festivals etc.

If a Muse gig sells out, some fans will always be disappointed that they didn't get tickets.

A logical way to help dedicated fans get tickets (i.e. those on the mailing list of members of the forum) is to have a lottery system and allocate a percentage of all tickets randomly and then selling the rest on general sale to the public. I don't know how anyone can not see this as a good thing as it's fairer for all fans.

A first come, first served "rubgy scrum of F5 pressing" is hardly fair (what about those that work and can't get online? Or those who aren't very good at typing their address details really quickly?).

Regarding the pre-authorization of payment, this is a very common thing. Having worked on credit card payment systems and handling pre-authorisations it makes perfect sense. In fact, it's how credit cards and banks work. Here's an explanation...

The ticket agency checks your bank/card for funds. If you have them, yay! The bank/card issuer reserves that amount of your available credit for the ticket agency and your remaining available credit is reduced. It doesn't matter that the transaction hasn't completed yet - that money is now reserved (this is called a pre-auth) and you can't spend it on anything else (for the time being).

(This is why if you have a card with a £1000 limit you can't run off to Tesco and buy 500 things at £100 each... you'll be denied after the 10th one as you'll have run out of credit).

Hotels work in the same way. When you check in they pre-auth your card with the amount your stay will cost (you know, to check you've actually got the money) and this money is reserved for them. When you check out, the pre-auth is either completed, or if you had anything from the minibar they might cancel the pre-auth and resubmit a request for the payment at the higher amount. It's at this point that the payment is actually requested.

So back to the tickets, if your application was successful the pre-auth will be completed and the transaction is finalised (and it will show up on your statement). If you were unsuccessful, the pre-auth (the money that was reserved) will now be reversed/cancelled and the funds are available again.

Whilst your amount of available credit may go up and down, the money is only actually taken when the tickets are bought.

Incidentally, if you applied more than once, or hit submit multiple times, this is why your available credit would have been reduced drastically as the ticket system will have initially have pre-auth'd all your submissions. It would only be when the duplicates where discarded that the pre-auths would have been cancelled.

I think these things are always down to luck if im honest, ive tried and failed in many muse pre-sales before and spent many nervous nail biting hours refreshing a computer screen wishing and hoping my connection doesnt crash. you win some you loose some ive just had to accept that as much as id love to go to every muse gig that comes my way there are hundreds / thousands of others in the same boat and its basically down to luck. ive been unlucky more times than ive been lucky but that makes me appreciate and thankful when i do get to see them. im really sad to hear of touting going on already. i think perhaps a simple system of names / photos printed on tickets with some id would help. ticket touts suck but im at a loss as to how they can be stopped.

As stated above I think this is the fairest way to distribute tickets amongst fan, with some further development this method could work in the future.

This time around I just think they underestimated the amount of applications they would receive and as a result the whole process was poorly executed.

If a Muse gig sells out, some fans will always be disappointed that they didn't get tickets.

A logical way to help dedicated fans get tickets (i.e. those on the mailing list of members of the forum) is to have a lottery system and allocate a percentage of all tickets randomly and then selling the rest on general sale to the public. I don't know how anyone can not see this as a good thing as it's fairer for all fans.

A first come, first served "rubgy scrum of F5 pressing" is hardly fair (what about those that work and can't get online? Or those who aren't very good at typing their address details really quickly?).

Yeah, I totally think a lottery in which touts are allowed to partecipate is really fair :rolleyes:

No one is disappointed because the gigs sold out and some fans won't get tickets, everyone is disappointed because this method of pre-sale was used in order to stop touts, and it didn't work. Just few minutes after the first confirmation emails were sent, we found Glasgow tickets sold by touts on eBay. So this pre-sale sucked. And some people were charged 4 times the cost of the ticket they applied for.

How so? It's managaement/the promoters that deal with ticketing/shows. I doubt Muse even have any input - or at least, very little - on how their tours pan out in terms of where they play and when.

I'll have to wait until I get home, then copy and paste what my friend Laura told me about this particular sale and how the company Crowdsurge works.

That's if facebook will let me even see her post, they keep appearing and disappearing!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using Tapatalk 2

Regarding the pre-authorization of payment, this is a very common thing. Having worked on credit card payment systems and handling pre-authorisations it makes perfect sense. In fact, it's how credit cards and banks work. Here's an explanation...

The ticket agency checks your bank/card for funds. If you have them, yay! The bank/card issuer reserves that amount of your available credit for the ticket agency and your remaining available credit is reduced. It doesn't matter that the transaction hasn't completed yet - that money is now reserved (this is called a pre-auth) and you can't spend it on anything else (for the time being).

(This is why if you have a card with a £1000 limit you can't run off to Tesco and buy 500 things at £100 each... you'll be denied after the 10th one as you'll have run out of credit).

Hotels work in the same way. When you check in they pre-auth your card with the amount your stay will cost (you know, to check you've actually got the money) and this money is reserved for them. When you check out, the pre-auth is either completed, or if you had anything from the minibar they might cancel the pre-auth and resubmit a request for the payment at the higher amount. It's at this point that the payment is actually requested.

So back to the tickets, if your application was successful the pre-auth will be completed and the transaction is finalised (and it will show up on your statement). If you were unsuccessful, the pre-auth (the money that was reserved) will now be reversed/cancelled and the funds are available again.

Whilst your amount of available credit may go up and down, the money is only actually taken when the tickets are bought.

Incidentally, if you applied more than once, or hit submit multiple times, this is why your available credit would have been reduced drastically as the ticket system will have initially have pre-auth'd all your submissions. It would only be when the duplicates where discarded that the pre-auths would have been cancelled.

Pre - approved in duplicate ¿? First time in my life. And for a week ¿? All potential participants in a lottery ¿?

this is a scam, here and throughout the world.

If you don´t understand or you want to convince you that the world is square or you CrowdSurge worker is your problem.

I don't think anyone is questioning that though.

It didn't help thought, it just added an element of randomness.

A staggered release of tickets would mitigate that, and websites have for a very long time used a method where the rickets are help while details are entered and then released if the transaction isn't completed.

It might be common but it isn't familiar, and there was little explanation as to how it would work and what the details of it were.

This sort of information would have been useful beforehand. It would have stopped people maxing out their credit unaware that they were doing so. The main site talks about card authorisation but most people associate that with security checks - not an authorisation to change their credit balance.

Archived