Calling 13-15 year old Musers

DOESN'T IT SUCK!!! (assuming your like me)

all your freinds listen to pop, when you talk to them about Muse they either say

1) what's Muse? or 2) you obsessive freak - they then go back to their drooling over the beaver or one direction

The girls that know of them call them the "Twilight Band"

I want to hear what it's like for you guys who have gone from "muse is ok" to waking up in your sleep screaming "DOM"S GREEN SKINNIES"

I'm not really fussed what my friends or family think of my taste in music. My ex and my friend's little brother are the only people I know who really like the band. Everyone else either says their shit or have no opinion on them.

I got much more flak for liking Radiohead :chuckle:

Nearly in this range, close enough.

I heard Supermassive, then a few more, and I was like "They're a good band." but since pretty much most of it was the more popular songs I didn't really get into them. Then I heard some "heavier" songs (SS, US, CE, etc.) and it completely abolished any previous tastes of music. So it went from that, to that stage where I was obsessed with them and they were all I thought about, now it's sort of cooled down and I do love them, but I wouldn't say I wake up every morning screaming for them. :chuckle: And yes, it is extremely annoying. The only person in my entire school who had previous knowledge of Muse before I got to them was a student teacher who isn't there anymore :( The rest either don't know, don't care or are just begging for me to shut up...like how I'm begging for them to be quiet, musically or just cos they annoy me to death. Not many people have known them as the Twilight band though. No one even knows Radiohead either :indiff:

I am so ashamed to say this, but I discovered Muse through Twilight. :( (WHICH I HATE WITH A PASSION NOW)

I KNOW!

My friend realised that the books were inspired by Muse, and decided she should give them a try.

When I first heard them I was like WTF? This was just before I went into highschool. I went on holidays and was listening to Starlight, and I was like hey, this is pretty good!

So I proceeded to fall in love with BHaR, and three and a bit years later, here I am, a crazy Muser!

I used to live in the middle of Australia, but know I live near Sydney, and NONE of my friends like Muse here :(

My own twin sister HATES them, just because I like them and won't let me talk about them.

All you guys on the messageboard are my only link to Muse! Sooooo .....

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxox

I want to hear what it's like for you guys who have gone from "muse is ok" to waking up in your sleep screaming "DOM"S GREEN SKINNIES"

Before Muse I knew next to nothing about music that wasn't pop (hey, not everyone has parents who have awesome music tastes, or parents who listen to music at all for the matter). The forums introduced me to a heck of a lot of new bands and my music taste is now described by friends as "hipster" (not that they know what hipster even means). Most pop music is annoying and boring to my ears now.

Most of my friends are completely ignorant to anything not pop which is frustrating, partly because I have virtually no one to discuss music with and partly because they constantly talk about One Direction/K-Pop while looking down their nose at my music. By the way I don't understand how you can like K-Pop, it's so incredibly corporate (is that the right word?) and fake.

And Muse somehow made me love playing piano and inspired me to take up guitar.

Just wait a few years, hopefully you'll learn that it's pointless to care about what other people like or listen to. If you like the same thing, cool.

If not, so what?

In before some ignorant fool accuses me of attacking people for what they like all the time.

DOESN'T IT SUCK!!! (assuming your like me)

all your freinds listen to pop, when you talk to them about Muse they either say

1) what's Muse? or 2) you obsessive freak - they then go back to their drooling over the beaver or one direction

The girls that know of them call them the "Twilight Band"

To sum up: "It's, like, sooooo hard being a teen."

Just wait a few years, hopefully you'll learn that it's pointless to care about what other people like or listen to. If you like the same thing, cool.

If not, so what?

In before some ignorant fool accuses me of attacking people for what they like all the time.

Yes, it really doesn't matter in the end do they know Muse or do they care about Muse, or any band.

Difference is cool.

Totesssss. Your taste is your own, don't feel you have to excuse yourself for who you like or how you got to know them, and fuck anyone who has a go at you for it, not their life, not their taste

Totesssss. Your taste is your own, don't feel you have to excuse yourself for who you like or how you got to know them, and fuck anyone who has a go at you for it, not their life, not their taste

I was kind of talking about the opposite, Your taste is your own so stop getting upset because you don't agree with the taste of your friends.

I was kind of talking about the opposite, Your taste is your own so stop getting upset because you don't agree with the taste of your friends.

:LOL: Same thinking, opposite ends I guess. Basically there's no need to give a fuck

Delete System 32 to get free Muse gig tickets etc etc

No but why would you care what your friends think, it never bothered me. I still don't know many people who really stray away from chart music

I'm starting to learn to not give a flying continetal about what others think of me or what music I listen to. Like Sippe said, if you can't find others who like the same music as you, oh well. If you can thats awesome. But quite a few of my friends are those who like mainstream because hating mainstream is too mainstream.

Why does this even matter? It's certainly not something to be ashamed of.

It matters because if you like Twilight you are a terrible person in any and all ways by default, and that it's better not to exist than to like Twilight. Obviously.

Archived