Calling 13-15 year old Musers

Just wait a few years, hopefully you'll learn that it's pointless to care about what other people like or listen to. If you like the same thing, cool.

If not, so what?

In before some ignorant fool accuses me of attacking people for what they like all the time.

I know this is old meme but this post is actually a legit point cos this thread is me twelve years ago.

Now I have plenty of guilty pleasures on my iPod.

I do really enjoy some Gaga tracks, but others annoy me no end, although that might just be due to overexposure. Paparazzi and Dance in the Dark are amazing.

I love the first two albums, but the latest one didn't really grab me except for a few tracks.

Before Muse I knew next to nothing about music that wasn't pop (hey, not everyone has parents who have awesome music tastes, or parents who listen to music at all for the matter). The forums introduced me to a heck of a lot of new bands and my music taste is now described by friends as "hipster" (not that they know what hipster even means). Most pop music is annoying and boring to my ears now.

Most of my friends are completely ignorant to anything not pop which is frustrating, partly because I have virtually no one to discuss music with and partly because they constantly talk about One Direction/K-Pop while looking down their nose at my music. By the way I don't understand how you can like K-Pop, it's so incredibly corporate (is that the right word?) and fake.

And Muse somehow made me love playing piano and inspired me to take up guitar.

This is exactly what happened to me! Even the bit about piano and guitar! I didn't start enjoy playing it until I learnt some songs by my favourite bands, and I'm just about to start learning guitar! ;):LOL::LOL:

Archived