Anyone notice how bad Origin of Symmetry sounds?

sangforabsolution

I know popular audio equipment is often bad, would anyone be able to explain why to me? I've never really understood it. I'm a physicist so feel free to throw jargon at me. :)

Well I have personal experience in my hand, stupidly when I was 15/16 I thought Skullcandy were the best and pretty much spent around £250 on them over the space of two years and went through about 10 of them. Yeah they are cheap but moving to Sennheiser (who still aren't the best) made me realise how poor the bass and generally the amount of sound detail you miss on songs, using Skullcandys etc.., you do

Dr Dre Beats are just a waste of money, £250 of your pocket buys you the best ones which at best match the quality of a cheap pair of Philips headphones

Although I was exaggerating, only headphones you buy out of a poundshop would make an album sound dreadful, or car speakers depending on which car

Also the high end of the drum (cymbals, snare...) also sound pretty bad. There's nothing very scientific about it, also the fact the noise cancellation on these headphones are pretty bad too, so listening in public can be a bad experience

Ah okay, fair enough. Thanks. I was just wondering if I was missing something I didn't know about. I'm rather happy with my Sennheiser PX200s. £30 for headphones with a greater range than my ears are capable of detecting seemed reasonable.

I've heard so much about skullcandy headphones breaking. You'd think using sturdier materials wouldn't change the overheads too much but ah well. Although saying that the high end response on the in ear ones doesn't seem too bad for the in ear ones.

graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=1813

graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=1313

Well I have personal experience in my hand, stupidly when I was 15/16 I thought Skullcandy were the best and pretty much spent around £250 on them over the space of two years and went through about 10 of them. Yeah they are cheap but moving to Sennheiser (who still aren't the best) made me realise how poor the bass and generally the amount of sound detail you miss on songs, using Skullcandys etc.., you do

Dr Dre Beats are just a waste of money, £250 of your pocket buys you the best ones which at best match the quality of a cheap pair of Philips headphones

Although I was exaggerating, only headphones you buy out of a poundshop would make an album sound dreadful, or car speakers depending on which car

Also the high end of the drum (cymbals, snare...) also sound pretty bad. There's nothing very scientific about it, also the fact the noise cancellation on these headphones are pretty bad too, so listening in public can be a bad experience

I've never tried Skullcandies so I won't comment on that, but I've actually heard that the Dr Dre ones are meant to be good? I've got a pair of Sennheiser HDs which I'm more than happy with

^ Good guide that, if it was neat I would share it on Facebook

I've never tried Skullcandies so I won't comment on that, but I've actually heard that the Dr Dre ones are meant to be good? I've got a pair of Sennheiser HDs which I'm more than happy with

As I said, in HMV in Glasgow they have all the Dr Dre Beats and you can plug in your iPod/Phone so using my HTC - which I get quality sound and can play FLAC/WAV files - through the most expensive ones still sounded pretty average at best.

Showboy headphones as I would say. People with big Skullcandys aren't showboys, they're just dicks