Anyone notice how bad Origin of Symmetry sounds?

sangforabsolution

wow... never mind, I just listened to OoS, that's pretty much very very great production.. I thought it was not because I haven't listened to it for a while (I try not to listen to some albums for a long time to rediscover them later) and I previously had very low quality MP3 versions on my PC... But now I have good quality, And I know what I'm listening to for a while now :D

I like how this board doesn't treat production methods used on Muse albums as subjective, and instead proclaims that certain opinions are factual and cannot be debated on what so ever. tut tut.

If you're referring to me, I never actually said he was wrong, I was asking him why he thought the things he said :erm:

If you're referring to me, I never actually said he was wrong, I was asking him why he thought the things he said :erm:

And I changed my mind, since I have been listening to low quality..

And I don't know why.. cause I always listen to all of my music on high quality.. shame for not noticing this on OoS :rolleyes:

I'd say Showbiz sounds really good, and so does OoS. Absolution sounds massive but gets a bit too messy for my taste when it gets loud.

BH&R is just shit in general. Clipping, messy when a lot is going on and really tame in other moments(KoC)

TR sounds really good in general but is quite tame during the heavier moments.

And I don't know why.. cause I always listen to all of my music on high quality.. shame for not noticing this on OoS :rolleyes:

I think I've got mine on high quality. I've never listened to OOS (or anything, for that matter) in FLAC though, I'd love to experience that...New Born and Bliss with lossless audio :stongue:

Edit:

I'd say Showbiz sounds really good, and so does OoS. Absolution sounds massive but gets a bit too messy for my taste when it gets loud.

Agreed with Absolution but I'd apply the same to Showbiz too. When it gets loud, things start to sound messy. That's what I've always been hearing anyway.

Edited by Jobby

TR sounds really good in general but is quite tame during the heavier moments.

Yeah I found they didn't have enough oomph in the right places. I like how the Exogenesis songs are written, but even when listening to them on nice headphones I never feel like as immersed as I should be. It's disappointing.

I'm not just referring to a couple of people, it's been countless over the years. For some reason people can't discuss the topic with an open mind, and instead just insist that others are wrong all the time etc. Also, there only seems to be one opinion, and that is that BHaR production sucks, Abso is probably the best, followed by OoS. And The Resistance is better than BHaR but still not that great.

This thread should die :phu:. Honestly, of all the albums you're gonna critique, I can't see how OoS could come under fire over poor quality. Other albums, I can hear imperfections and quality issues, but I don't get the argument in this case. I may look at OoS with rose-tinted specs, but it really is almost impossible to fault, imo. If fans are picking holes with this album, they're doomed to disappointment for the rest of Muse's life! :p

Edit: I'm probably completely conforming to the stereotype of fans who can't say a bad word about OoS, but I don't care: that's my opinion of the album. ;)

I can honestly hear imperfections and quality issues on all the albums tbh. OoS and Abso are no exception to production faults in my opinion.

*raises flame resistant shield*

HAOW DARRREEE YEWWW!!!!!111

:p

You're entitled to think that, I just can't hear it myself. I would feel physical pain if I found a flaw with this album, lol.

HAOW DARRREEE YEWWW!!!!!111

:p

You're entitled to think that, I just can't hear it myself. I would feel physical pain if I found a flaw with this album, lol.

You mean the presence of Feeling Good isn't a flaw?? :LOL::p

You mean the presence of Feeling Good isn't a flaw?? :LOL::p

Not at all. Studio version is great, imo. The only thing I could say against it is that FG is the only song that doesn't fit in as well - I think they did a great rock version of it, but it's not as seamless as the rest of the tracks on OoS.

I don't even have a huge problem with the live version, it's just that they keep effing playing it as a crowd-pleaser when they could be playing some of their own songs :LOL:.

I can honestly hear imperfections and quality issues on all the albums tbh. OoS and Abso are no exception to production faults in my opinion.

*raises flame resistant shield*

I was gonna say that "I don't think anyone would disagree with you", but obviously I was wrong...

It's far from the best mastering an album has received, but I wouldn't say that it's flawed in any way. The rough production just makes it sound grittier anyway.

Yeah, it sounds more alive than most of their other recordings. I'd like to hear what a producer like Matt Bayles could do with Muse, I really love his production work with Mastodon. Especially Blood Mountain.

Can anybody tell me what's wrong with BH&R production and mastering?

The only thing I can complain is TAB intro and Exo-Politics, it sounds... just bad, I dunno how to explain it.

Clipping, overly compressed, just look at dat waveform

motp.jpg