Map of the Problematique guitar sound

Str4t0c4st3r

• 1 year later...
Don't have a soundcloud account and couldn't be bothered making one & plugging in my mic etc. https://www.instagram.com/p/BAsK5h9BrNJ/

edit: recorded on my iPhone 6s

Sounds good, though a bit too fast. Only part I had trouble with was the different variations throughout the song... too hard to hear what they are when the rest of the instruments are playing

And I have no clue what iPhone I have anymore. I think it's the 6S as it's only about three months old... would've kept the last one a bit longer, but had no choice since I was switching carriers.

Posted from my iPhone 6S

Sounds good, though a bit too fast. Only part I had trouble with was the different variations throughout the song... too hard to hear what they are when the rest of the instruments are playing

And I have no clue what iPhone I have anymore. I think it's the 6S as it's only about three months old... would've kept the last one a bit longer, but had no choice since I was switching carriers.

Posted from my iPhone 6S

Thanks! The DT side is a bit clearer, and easier to set the MIDI stuff for since there's no treadle position to worry about setting (I think). I set the tempo in cubase to 130 bpm, is that right? I'm probably playing slightly out of time there which doesn't help :facepalm:

I haven't figured out where all the changes go yet, but I think the first one is when the drums properly kick in, like 38 seconds in. They're all pretty similar so hopefully it won't be too noticeable when I've done the whole song.

Anyone know what ever happened to that one MIDI file for Cubase that was knocking around a few years ago (maybe around 2011/2012)? Seemed pretty much 100% accurate to me. I had it one of my old laptops but it's busted, along with the hard drive :(

If no one remembers or still has it, is it hard to do by yourself in Cubase? I'm reeeally not tech savvy with MIDI programs but I miss being able to play Map properly.

If no one remembers or still has it, is it hard to do by yourself in Cubase? I'm reeeally not tech savvy with MIDI programs but I miss being able to play Map properly.

Once you've figured out how to use the DAW and you know the whammy cc numbers and the pattern it's not too difficult.

Anyone know what ever happened to that one MIDI file for Cubase that was knocking around a few years ago (maybe around 2011/2012)? Seemed pretty much 100% accurate to me. I had it one of my old laptops but it's busted, along with the hard drive :(

If someone can find me all of different variations of the sequence i can do it in Reaper in an hour or so. I'm assuming you'd be able to use it for cubase. Midi is midi.

Thanks! The DT side is a bit clearer, and easier to set the MIDI stuff for since there's no treadle position to worry about setting (I think). I set the tempo in cubase to 130 bpm, is that right? I'm probably playing slightly out of time there which doesn't help :facepalm:

I haven't figured out where all the changes go yet, but I think the first one is when the drums properly kick in, like 38 seconds in. They're all pretty similar so hopefully it won't be too noticeable when I've done the whole song.

the tempo is soppused to be 125, so that's why it sounds off.

otherwise that's really good

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
hi guys, anyone got Reaper midi file? :D:D:D:D

I believe there are midi files within this thread. Midi files aren't specific to a program. A midi file will work with any program that can use midi files which is certainly all DAW's. If all of the links in the thread are dead, then I guess someone will indeed have to repost one.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone send me the midi data for MOTP. I Had the Aorfix one years ago but it seems much harder to find now.

There's a link in the description of this video. No idea if the link is still active. At work and when I click on it my IT people say NO!

Can someone send me the midi data for MOTP. I Had the Aorfix one years ago but it seems much harder to find now.

I am also still in need if some kind samaritan still has it <3

or even just a different one that's close enough to say "that'll do"

I have the cubase project that was linked in that video, and can probably export the MIDI file by itself if you would prefer.

Otherwise, you'll need the cubase project, and will need to set it up correctly. It needs the audio track (all you need to do is import the album version of the song) and the MIDI interface configured properly.

It's still not really that close, as you'll probably be able to hear, but the main pattern is correct.

I have the cubase project that was linked in that video, and can probably export the MIDI file by itself if you would prefer.

Otherwise, you'll need the cubase project, and will need to set it up correctly. It needs the audio track (all you need to do is import the album version of the song) and the MIDI interface configured properly.

It's still not really that close, as you'll probably be able to hear, but the main pattern is correct.

God, I'm not sure if I'm an idiot or if this stuff is legit complicated :facepalm:

If you just went with the file by itself, would I be alright just importing it into Reaper? Or would I still need to set it up after (or even change back to Cubase)? These probably sound like frustratingly dim questions :chuckle: Think I was sent the whole project last time and I seem to remember it being pretty simple to set up but I don't have Cubase anymore.

Either way, yes please :happy:

God, I'm not sure if I'm an idiot or if this stuff is legit complicated :facepalm:

If you just went with the file by itself, would I be alright just importing it into Reaper? Or would I still need to set it up after (or even change back to Cubase)? These probably sound like frustratingly dim questions :chuckle: Think I was sent the whole project last time and I seem to remember it being pretty simple to set up but I don't have Cubase anymore.

If it's a MIDI file it should open on any DAW. I think anyway.

Somewhere on my laptop there's a DT version I made a while ago. I could send that if anyone's desperate, but it's not 100% accurate with the pattern changes.

Yeah, it should open up fine in any DAW. You'll most likely still need to tell it what your interface is, and set it for channel 11. You might need to set the BPM as well (It's 125 according to the cubase project)

Also, I should mention that this only works for the whammy 4.

Here's the MIDI track. I've just exported it from the cubase project, and noticed there were these gaps in places. Not sure what it will sound like, but I haven't changed anything from how it was when I downloaded it. It's the same one from that video anyway.

I may well be doing something wrong but it's not opening for me :(

Tried to drag and drop it into Reaper but it keeps saying it can't import it. Any chance you could drop the whole project and I'll grab an old version of Cubase and give that a go?

Archived