Dear Niall

Neil.

Does being a regular user make people ignorant or disobey requests by birth or do they choose that? If it's the latter, let us know so we can stop explaining ourselves.

I was going to reply to this. I might even have been witty, but it seems I've got a tough act to follow.

He makes a good point, to be honest. I might even be forced to admit that you mods are rubbish at your job.

Does this mean we can't say 'gay' when we mean 'happy'? As in having a gay old time?

Oh, and cunt = vagina, which makes all use of the word derogatory towards women. So you can't argue that cunt good - gay bad.

Again we have a person not of a certain group of people deciding what is and isn't offensive to that group of people.

Yay! Does that make me a mod?

No, it makes you look foolish to try and make a point that is nothing to do with anything that's being said. General consensus amongst the LBGT+ community is that "gay" as a negative is bad. It's not the same amongst females and the word "cunt" which is generally used as a non-gendered insult.

No, it makes you look foolish to try and make a point that is nothing to do with anything that's being said. General consensus amongst the LBGT+ community is that "gay" as a negative is bad. It's not the same amongst females and the word "cunt" which is generally used as a non-gendered insult.

An insult none the less.

Please re-read my posts in this thread.

Yeah, nobody knows why he was banned.

It's not the same amongst females and the word "cunt" which is generally used as a non-gendered insult.

I'd say that more and more people regardless of sex or gender are coming to the "realisation" that it's derogatory against women though. It's become quite a big thing in certain groups.

According to the admin/mod team, what got Alex banned wasn't one post, but a series of offensive posts. But not even Alex himself seems to know this, and he certainly doesn't seem to know which posts this was all about. The idea that you don't discuss people's infractions in public is pretty lame if you're not even willing to make it clear to the person who got banned.

Niall, just so we could finally shut everyone up what was Alex banned for then? Cos otherwise it's just gonna continue here for millennia

I've answered that at least twice in this thread. Continued unpleasant behaviour, warned that any further offences will end in a ban. In the opinion of the mod team, an offence was carried out. Therefore ban. He's lucky he didn't get a perma after registering a new account, I would have done this, other people in the team disagreed.

Archived