Dear Niall

Neil.

So there are alcoholics who've never touched alcohol?

You SURE it's not your misunderstanding that's causing the 'trouble'? You SURE you follow? I can help, come and see me and we'll go through it at breaktime.

Can you be gay if you never had sex with a guy?

Edit: There are some people who believe alcoholism is a genetic thing (not entirely sure of the science behind it) and you can know you are an alcoholic early on. As I said early being an alcoholic doesn't mean drinking alot it means an inability to stop drinking. You can have one bad experience and realize the signs and come to the conclusion that you need help to make sure you don't ever drink again/relapse.

Imagine if the board was just a big pub. For the most part got the Main Musers half of whom are verging on the 17/18 boundary and have to sneak alcohol/buy lemonade. Got the loud banter folk in the corner having a laugh. Other Music folk wearing some other band tshirts standing at the bar/jukebox. KnT as the lame band setting up in the other corner

it'd be tragic

:LOL: I'd like to see that.

"Do I find it somewhat offensive? Yes"

well then that's only reaffirming my point. You'd rather not hear it.

Thanks BOD, impressive contribution. You have no idea of the post that started all of this, evidently.

I don't see the example fitting because she said:

if you were in a pub, in polite, public company, and you were using racial slurs or 'gay'-as-a-pejorative, saying 'retard' or calling a mate who's shit at pool a 'woman' or calling your friend a 'stupid ugly wonky-eyed bitch' even jokingly (that last one might be a personal trigger lmao lmao), people around you hearing that would be offended, and the landlord would kick your ass out.

1) Kit&Tab is not a polite company at all. (this doesn't justify any kind of offensive behaviour, though)

2) Gemsy compared "using racial slurs or 'gay'-as-a-pejorative, saying 'retard' or calling a mate who's shit at pool a 'woman' or calling your friend a 'stupid ugly wonky-eyed bitch'" to saying "yeah well your a willy head and r gay" as a response to "I dont think I've ever seen him do anything that's not childish or dickish", which is a clearly sarcastic, non-serious, without-any-intent-of-offending-Jamie thing to say in that context. He was just showing how childish and dickish that kind of post is. If he had said "yeah well your a willy head and r stupid" the post and its meaning would have been exactly the same.

idgaf about the fucking (boring) specifics. My only point - mateys using offensive/potentially offensive/triggering pejoratives loudly in public are being somewhat inconsiderate and need not be surprised when the authority gives 'em a slap.

But it should be. That is the core of the problem with the K&T users.

This is an ignorant and generalizing post about people who use Kit&Tab. I find this offensive and think you should be infracted for said post.

Thanks BOD, impressive contribution. You have no idea of the post that started all of this, evidently.

I don't see the example fitting because she said:

if you were in a pub, in polite, public company, and you were using racial slurs or 'gay'-as-a-pejorative, saying 'retard' or calling a mate who's shit at pool a 'woman' or calling your friend a 'stupid ugly wonky-eyed bitch' even jokingly (that last one might be a personal trigger lmao lmao), people around you hearing that would be offended, and the landlord would kick your ass out.

1) Kit&Tab is not a polite company at all. (this doesn't justify any kind of offensive behaviour, though)

2) Gemsy compared "using racial slurs or 'gay'-as-a-pejorative, saying 'retard' or calling a mate who's shit at pool a 'woman' or calling your friend a 'stupid ugly wonky-eyed bitch'" to saying "yeah well your a willy head and r gay" as a response to "I dont think I've ever seen him do anything that's not childish or dickish", which is a clearly sarcastic, non-serious, without-any-intent-of-offending-Jamie thing to say in that context. He was just showing how childish and dickish that kind of post is. If he had said "yeah well your a willy head and r stupid" the post and its meaning would have been exactly the same.

If he had said the latter, there would have been no problem. As I have said before, there are thousands of other words he could have used, so why use one that he would have known wasn't ok? Why risk it when he was on a final warning?

The pub analogy is a good one, this board is like a pub. The staff don't have to let people on here, it's a "public" space, but there are rules. No one has the "right" to be here. I think that's forgotten sometimes.

Imagine if the board was just a big pub. For the most part got the Main Musers half of whom are verging on the 17/18 boundary and have to sneak alcohol/buy lemonade. Got the loud banter folk in the corner having a laugh. Other Music folk wearing some other band tshirts standing at the bar/jukebox. KnT as the lame band setting up in the other corner

it'd be tragic

:D

imagine the jukebox fights :awesome:

If you were in a bar that I frequent and you said something racist/homophobic/sexist/etc., context would not matter and you'd be kicked out.

Yes but surely that can't be an excuse to don't take context into account here, because this is an online community and not a pub.

Yes but surely that can't be an excuse to don't take context into account here, because this is an online community and not a pub.

They may be two different types of communities but the same principles of those communities apply. If someone hears/reads something that they find offensive they have the right to complain about it.

Just out of interest, for those who are saying that an online community is dissimilar to a pub, why? What are the key differences? (aside from food/drink, before some smartarse comes up with that...)

Can you be gay if you never had sex with a guy?

Edit: There are some people who believe alcoholism is a genetic thing (not entirely sure of the science behind it) and you can know you are an alcoholic early on. As I said early being an alcoholic doesn't mean drinking alot it means an inability to stop drinking. You can have one bad experience and realize the scenes and come to the conclusion that you need help to make sure you don't ever drink again/relapse.

wat

Because K&T is so hostile these days... :LOL:

For the most part I find KnT the tamest place :LOL:

That's because KnT is the smallest community. It's the same group of guys all the time. So for you guys it's all very normal and status quo but from other people's POV it's interpreted as hostile.

I meant that K&T users should have a nice and welcoming place to chat without dealing with a hostile environment.

I was being ironic and was making fun of the attitude of taking things out of context and taking thing purely as face value.

Kit&Tab has its own little in-jokes and its own like memes. We are a very welcoming group and are more comparable to a bunch of friends at someones house taking about random shit while watching a shitty film rather than the pub comparison. It has been a very long time since someone has insulted someone with actual intent on offending them. Generally it is just banter. Alex's post of "U r a willy head and r gay" is by no means representative of a "hostile environment".

That's because KnT is the smallest community. It's the same group of guys all the time. So for you guys it's all very normal and status quo but from other people's POV it's interpreted as hostile.

Yeah, that's why I tend to stay out of KnT matters, unless help is directly requested.

If the board was a pub then I'd fear for the health and safety of the town it would be situated in.

If the pub was located in the nation of Internet it may be one of the safest places in the area. God help you if you wander into the Onion states.

Yeah, that's why I tend to stay out of KnT matters, unless help is directly requested.

I understand that. I know most of the people who post in KnT but I wouldn't say I get the setting.

Can you have sex with a guy and be straight? Only one way to find out...

9pm your place?

Archived