Dear Niall

Neil.

Yeah, that. I haven't noticed anything else offensive that he's posted, hence why all the talk has been about the willy head post. Maybe I've just missed it but it does seem that that has solely gotten him the ban, and for a few days now not a single mod has apparently managed to clarify to us or even to him what the other reasons were?

I've answered that at least twice in this thread. Continued unpleasant behaviour, warned that any further offences will end in a ban. In the opinion of the mod team, an offence was carried out. Therefore ban. He's lucky he didn't get a perma after registering a new account, I would have done this, other people in the team disagreed.
But according to the mod team, it wasn't the post containing the word "gay" that got him the infraction, at least not that post alone. So we still have no idea what he actually said that got him banned, and neither does he.

Yeah, that. I haven't noticed anything else offensive that he's posted, hence why all the talk has been about the willy head post. Maybe I've just missed it but it does seem that that has solely gotten him the ban, and for a few days now not a single mod has apparently managed to clarify to us or even to him what the other reasons were?

Basically, proof or it didn't happen.

I've answered that at least twice in this thread. Continued unpleasant behaviour, warned that any further offences will end in a ban. In the opinion of the mod team, an offence was carried out. Therefore ban. He's lucky he didn't get a perma after registering a new account, I would have done this, other people in the team disagreed.

continued unpleasant behaviour as in the willy head post or more, because no one else seems to be aware of anything else although some mods are then saying that there was more and it's all a little confusing

I think him making the whole dupe is a bit silly, but since he doesn't seem to care anymore how long his ban is oh well :LOL: Out of curiosity, when you're banned is it still possible to message mods?

continued unpleasant behaviour as in the willy head post or more, because no one else seems to be aware of anything else although some mods are then saying that there was more and it's all a little confusing

I think him making the whole dupe is a bit silly, but since he doesn't seem to care anymore how long his ban is oh well :LOL: Out of curiosity, when you're banned is it still possible to message mods?

You can't even get to see why you're banned.

I'm looking right now at the warning he recieved on his first day back after a ban when he posted -

Muse boards suck my dick faggots.

Original post here - http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=10014338

He was told then that any further offences would result in a permaban. He offended, was given a 12 month ban. Is still apparently crying about it.

He was absolutely told.

Yes, through email.

Coming from a true veteran of the banhammer

You can't even get to see why you're banned.

I've only seen the screen where you get banned once and that was a while ago now after I had a dupe account that got banned...although technically I had that one first and forgot about it and this account is the dupe account so really this one should've been banned but who knows

I'm looking right now at the warning he recieved on his first day back after a ban when he posted -

He was told then that any further offences would result in a permaban. He offended, was given a 12 month ban. Is still apparently crying about it.

He was absolutely told.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, see now it makes a little more sense

BOD, while your post was obviously ironic please don't undermine your points with hollow threats of violence.

The fact this whole conversation exists is ridiculous. It isn't tenable to host such a conversation every single time someone gets banned and their besties come complaining as a matter of practicality.

Does obvious irony matter or not then? As someone who doesn't know either the poster this was originally about or BOD I think it's fairly easy to tell which one is "obviously" ironic (I'll give a hint; it isn't BOD's).

Maybe the fact that the conversation exists is more of a reflection upon the action taken than the people complaining, you shouldn't be so solipsistic. Just because most of the people here seem to be somewhat servile in one way or another surely doesn't mean that the whole board should be, although maybe from the perspective of a moderator that would be preferable.

I don't really think it's worth arguing about any more after the recent post made on the other page which clearly broke several board rules and was a pretty silly thing to do though, unless people regard it as a matter of principle I certainly shouldn't think that he'll be coming back here after that.

He was absolutely told.

Well then, I don't want to sound condescending(I promise, I really don't) but that wasn't so hard, was it? :LOL:

He said something similar to what got me an infraction just a while back, was warned, then said something more. Thus explaining what the mods and admins have been going on about here by saying "several cases of unpleasant conduct" but without specifying. Thanks.

Does obvious irony matter or not then? As someone who doesn't know either the poster this was originally about or BOD I think it's fairly easy to tell which one is "obviously" ironic (I'll give a hint; it isn't BOD's).

Maybe the fact that the conversation exists is more of a reflection upon the action taken than the people complaining, you shouldn't be so solipsistic. Just because most of the people here seem to be somewhat servile in one way or another surely doesn't mean that the whole board should be, although maybe from the perspective of a moderator that would be preferable.

Yes, we are absolutely expecting everyone to be servile, which is why we locked this thread, and banned everyone disagreeing with us.

Archived