james90

Looks great! How does it play?

I've had such bad luck with the newer US fenders...ended up ordering a japanese fender straight from japan.

Some more pics of the DC now that I've set it up.

2000_gibson_les_paul_standard_dc_lite.jpgbody_close.jpg

headstock-1.jpg

also oiled the fretboard on my MB-1

IMG_0825.jpg

Really needed it too... feels like sliding on a freshly polished wooden floor when you're wearing socks

Me%20Gusta.png

I've had such bad luck with the newer US fenders...ended up ordering a japanese fender straight from japan.

I´ve heard they vary a lot in quality. As I wrote I played three US made, and the two others didn´t feel good at all. They felt kind of cheap and scored low on playability.

The dealer was very enthusiastic about the Deluxe and recommended it for the versatility of the S1-system and stuff. But I can feel right away when a guitar doesn´t suit me, and that one didn´t.

So far it sounds really good. Very twangy and Fender-ish. Bell clear cleans:)

Thanks bucket!

Couldn´t agree more with you both.

Also impressed how robust it is. Most guitars are built a bit delicate and kind of fragile. Teles are built like tanks. Solid wood and all solid, no bullshit metal hardware. Already loving this thing after just 24 hours.

Thanks bucket!

Couldn´t agree more with you both.

Also impressed how robust it is. Most guitars are built a bit delicate and kind of fragile. Teles are built like tanks. Solid wood and all solid, no bullshit metal hardware. Already loving this thing after just 24 hours.

That's a great looking guitar. I never quite figure out what my favorite finish is on a classic Tele style guitar. I love Butterscotch over Ash, Trans White over Ash, or Natural Pine or Ash with gold hardware. But, black on black is great too, my first American Standard Tele was black with a white 3-ply pickguard and I loved that too. .

Let's face it Tele's look awesome no matter what.

Opie, that's a great looking guitar.

JT

That's a great looking guitar. I never quite figure out what my favorite finish is on a classic Tele style guitar. I love Butterscotch over Ash, Trans White over Ash, or Natural Pine or Ash with gold hardware. But, black on black is great too, my first American Standard Tele was black with a white 3-ply pickguard and I loved that too. .

Let's face it Tele's look awesome no matter what.

Opie, that's a great looking guitar.

JT

Thanks JT!

If I could choose I would probably go for Butterscotch. Problem is there aren´t many guitar stores around here who stock that many different Teles. And I score low on patience:-) But the natural finish has really grown on me already. Love the subtle pattern of ash.

I really like black on black as well. Many years ago I tried to find a decent Stratocaster in black with black pickguard. I think those look cool.

I might get it but with a Mule, some kind of decent single coil and the SC sustainer. But of course I won't really :LOL:

Yes because that would be copying. If anyone's interested, that mustang with the weird bridge pup was released in the same range as this at the same time.