Even for NME, that's retarded.

20 songs for a festival was amazing, no matter how predictable the second half was. It was pretty impressive they did that many without any real break apart from the stadium intro and while they fixed the drums. The stage was epic and Origin sounded incredible. I take back everything I've ever said about Dark Shines, it was awesome.

The crowd had it's dicks, but the singalong was great, I didn't even know Chris sang the Hypermusic chorus, I couldn't hear him over the crowd.

Can't wait to do it all again! :awesome:

i can barely walk today, i think i have pulled every muscle it is possible to pull. :LOL:

had a brill time. yes there was a very brief 'no sound' glitch but more annoyingly the video screens went down for some time so missed a lot of what was going on at that point as didn't have a clear view of the stage.

i hate to say this but i felt that flat bit that the NME bloke was talking about. the people around me started chatting and lost interest a bit until Feeling Good when they all cheered :facepalm: - maybe he was there :LOL:

I think this idea would have been far better received at a Muse gig rather than a festival. personally i totally loved it and I can't wait to see it again tomorrow - i have a feeling that I may be standing and watching rather than "dancing" though or i may dose myself up on painkillers and go for it again...

i found the most annoying thing was that the t-shirt with the festival dates and the OOS artwork was sold out in the size i wanted by early afternoon! that really sucked. as did the mud during my over excited work out of a "dance" for 2 hours.

i can barely walk today, i think i have pulled every muscle it is possible to pull. :LOL:

had a brill time. yes there was a very brief 'no sound' glitch but more annoyingly the video screens went down for some time so missed a lot of what was going on at that point as didn't have a clear view of the stage.

i hate to say this but i felt that flat bit that the NME bloke was talking about. the people around me started chatting and lost interest a bit until Feeling Good when they all cheered :facepalm: - maybe he was there :LOL:

I think this idea would have been far better received at a Muse gig rather than a festival. personally i totally loved it and I can't wait to see it again tomorrow - i have a feeling that I may be standing and watching rather than "dancing" though or i may dose myself up on painkillers and go for it again...

i found the most annoying thing was that the t-shirt with the festival dates and the OOS artwork was sold out in the size i wanted by early afternoon! that really sucked. as did the mud during my over excited work out of a "dance" for 2 hours.

Bet you havent got as many pulled muscles as me.......didnt know I HAD that many muscles!!!!

You were right about the screen. When I was stuck in the middle of all the moshers I couldnt see a thing of the stage so was relying on the screens...when they went down I was gutted...:(

Like you I cant wait til tomorrow night. Definitely will be further back to watch the full show though this time - and to save my poor battered body any more squashing!!:LOL:

1) Fuck NME.

2) Encore was expected, but like I said in the other thread, I completely lost interest almost immediately after Uprising.

3) 20 songs at a festival = excellent.

4) UD, fail Resistance, Starlight and nothing of real interest = not excellent.

5) Nothing from Showbiz. Boo.

6) Best gig I've ever been to...until the encore. Still impressed that they played 20 songs though.

7) Chris on Hyper Music. BEAST.

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I'm having a hard time gathering my thoughts on this.

I'm starting to think we should have all arranged to watch the gig at the same spot - some sort of reserved 'Proper fans' area :LOL:

I came to the board to suggest just that (for Reading). Having indie kids NME boppers peppering the air with "wtf?"s during every decent song would be a killjoy and mildly annoying, to say the least.

Edit: Wrong quote

Well I'll be wearing a t-shirt with my username on cos i'm sad - say hi if anyone recognises it.

I keep going through a mental conflict of get near the front vs sit back and enjoy.

I think I'll end up getting a beer and just watching it from a point I can see it without falling over

Well I'll be wearing a t-shirt with my username on cos i'm sad - say hi if anyone recognises it.

I keep going through a mental conflict of get near the front vs sit back and enjoy.

I think I'll end up getting a beer and just watching it from a point I can see it without falling over

I'm tempted too but I'm trying to balance between weather and not being on my own.

He used to do it during OOS tour

He did it duing Black Holes too - I swear he throws confetti over himself during HAARP.

Archived