The greatest day of my life without doubt. Getting to hear Micro Cuts, Dark Shines and Bliss (personal favourites) was incredible nevermind the rest of Origin. The only bad point about the day was the mud, I was stupid enough to think I could brave it wearing trainers since I left it too late to buy wellies. Oh how wrong I was, it's like a bloody sea of sticky thick brown crap - no wonder the crowds look dead on the videos.

So I get to the main stage just as Interpol were finishing up and I try and stand and wait for Muse without slip and sliding everywhere then I'm sure someone was looking over me because I see this little patch of amazing to save the day. Pic related:

25frre0.jpg

Needless to say I stood my ground through Elbow and stayed on what must be the driest patch in the entire arena?

Anyway Muse were incredible, everything about the show from the setlist to the stage design to the pyrotechnics was just unbelievable. The people who are nitpicking about stuff like Matts voice during Micro Cuts just can't be pleased. :rolleyes:

On a sidenote, does anyone think Chris might get a more prominent role with vocals in the new album? the chorus during HM was brilliant. :)

As soon as I clicked on your pic spoiler I thought it was a massive wang until I realised those were your shoes

Breakfast of champions - chocolate cake, an apple and orange juice.

This is going to be fun/interesting, particulary as my big feet has robbed me of wellies so I've had to resort to wearing multiple pairs of socks. :LOL:

Oh and whoever said Interpol are one of the worst bands ever - they aren't but the best place to see them live is indoors.

So people with Sunday day tickets have gotta park in the green car park and then catch a shuttle boat up stream to the ticket exchange. Very odd. Hope the boat's speedy.

We got sunday tickets and I have just read about the boat...wtf is that all about????? Is it that bad that you need a boat to get about cos of all the rain???:LOL:

Oh well all adds to the experience I guess...roll on 12 hours time. Cant wait to get a different perspective tonight and not just worry about staying alive. Can totally believe people got broken ribs etc...it was WELL mental!!

Have a great time everyone today! xxx

We got sunday tickets and I have just read about the boat...wtf is that all about????? Is it that bad that you need a boat to get about cos of all the rain???:LOL:

Oh well all adds to the experience I guess...roll on 12 hours time. Cant wait to get a different perspective tonight and not just worry about staying alive. Can totally believe people got broken ribs etc...it was WELL mental!!

Have a great time everyone today! xxx

i don't know if the set up has changed since i last day parked but if the green car park is the normal day one, it is possible to walk up the river edge. (well assuming they haven't closed the path for some reason) the shuttle boat is there to save you the walk. if you decide to walk, it is quite a way. the last time i did this, it took about an hour to the arena from the car park partly due to the number of people. make sure you know where you parked as when you come back, it can be difficult to find the car!

having said that, i read that they had to manually lower the level of water in the thames so the car park may be in a different place or the path may be blocked. i'm sure it'll be clear when you get there though.:happy:

So er why are there about 3 reviews from Leeds? :erm: Usually there's heaps by this stage...

I've only found NME, what're the only two?

Do you mean from boardies on here or in the press? There's a review of the day (not just Muse) in the Guardian, I haven't looked for any others. Might be that people are waiting to post about the whole festival, or still there, or they lost their phone in the mud (we found a phone while walking back, very lucky for the girl who came dashing/sliding back down the slope to claim it!) or something...

Do you mean from boardies on here or in the press? There's a review of the day (not just Muse) in the Guardian, I haven't looked for any others. Might be that people are waiting to post about the whole festival, or still there, or they lost their phone in the mud (we found a phone while walking back, very lucky for the girl who came dashing/sliding back down the slope to claim it!) or something...

Just websites really... Found a couple now anyway.

Archived