I'm tempted too but I'm trying to balance between weather and not being on my own.

I was initially nervous about being on my own but in all seriousness, I really don't think I'll notice if the crowd just vanished while I'm fixed on watching OoS

I was initially nervous about being on my own but in all seriousness, I really don't think I'll notice if the crowd just vanished while I'm fixed on watching OoS

My parents are really worried about me being on my own, but they may have a point - I survived Hyde Park and Milton Keynes on my own but Reading is a whole different ballpark, and I had somewhere to go post-show.

I'm more worried about getting my ticket before the show, although I hope that if all goes well it should be straightforward.

I'm tempted too but I'm trying to balance between weather and not being on my own.

Are you guise going alone?

Are you guise going alone?

Yes. I have friends at Reading but have no idea of how to meet them due to bad text messages, though none of them are Muse fans in any case (more for tonights Strokes/Pulp combination).

But its the ticket buying more worrying than the thought of a day on my own - frankly I'd have happily gone to the whole festival on my own but the idea of being alone with a tent guarding my possessions is probably a good idea as to why that didn't happen. As annoying as it is. :LOL:

I'm going on my own, when I bought my ticket I asked mates if they fancied - they said no.

I'm leaving 10am tomorrow and will be walking into the festival wide-eyed and completely alone :D

I was never gonna miss it, it's my 11th or something Muse gig (the list is in the sig).

I've bought Mansons, queued for 14 hours to get front row and even have the logo tatooed on my wrist.

Yeah, I'd say I'm a fan :p

I still can't believe I've witnessed Origin of Symmetry live IN FULL! :D :D :D :D

I can die happy - it was fucking amazing! :awesome: Can't WAIT to relive the magic again tomorrow! :happy:

They better make a special anniversary DVD of the whole show, cos I have GOT to be able to experience it over and over!

The stage set was bloody awesome and so surreal - we could hardly tell if those pitchforks were 3D or an optical illusion, lol! I was sooo impressed by the visuals - they really paid homage to the album on the screens using all the artwork, and it added an extra layer of darkness to some of the songs (e.g. Micro Cuts and the Good Life weirdness, lol).

And I for one am glad they didn't try to change the songs too much - it seemed as if they wanted to celebrate the album as it sounds, in its 'original' form without giving it a '2011' twist, which I'm happy about! Screenager guitar was awesome even though I still prefer piano version, and Chris's vocals were wicked in Hyper Music! Darkshines was also great, despite the fact that Matt didn't end on the falsetto scream :( lol.

The best bit was probably the Megalomania FIRE!! That was fucking phenomenal, haha! I'm sure they must have been breaching some sort of health and safety laws when all those flames started bursting out everywhere, criss-crossing and scorching the first few rows of the crowd, haha. We were quite a way back (just in front of the centre sound box thing) and we could feel the intense heat! But that+the song was a bloody EPIC ending to the album.

The second half was predictable, set-wise, but I can totally understand why they'd play just 'the hits' straight after, cos pretty much NO ONE around us seemed to have a fucking clue what half the OoS songs were (except Feeling Good - obv!), so they had to find a balance and please the general fans, too.

Ohh, and firework finish was fecking fab! :D So were Matt's guitar throws/attack on Dom part 2 :LOL:

I've only got one thing to say to the setlist moaners: STFU! :)

Edit: Ooh, cheers for the Hyper Music vid! :happy:

Yes. I have friends at Reading but have no idea of how to meet them due to bad text messages, though none of them are Muse fans in any case (more for tonights Strokes/Pulp combination).

But its the ticket buying more worrying than the thought of a day on my own - frankly I'd have happily gone to the whole festival on my own but the idea of being alone with a tent guarding my possessions is probably a good idea as to why that didn't happen. As annoying as it is. :LOL:

Well, you'll be meeting me. I'll be with Popey.

Why are you so worried about the ticket?

Anyone at Reading who can say what the mud situation is like at the moment? I'm not sure whether to go for wellies or walking boot-type things tomorrow. Thanks!

Wellies.

I'm going on my own and will be leaving at 5am to get there to queue for barrier. I'm 5ft and won't see anything otherwise. I'm not looking forward to not being able to drink or eat all day. For these reasons I'm considering not going and rejoining my friends at another festival. i can't decide, ffs

You can take food in with you, and security will have water at the barrier.

Having just got back from leeds, i have to say that was the best gig i've ever attended. By far the best Muse gig too. Stage was fantastic, all the visuals were amazing, and im so happy that they actually used the What's He Building intro.

I camped out infront of main stage since 11am, and was about 3 rows back from the barrier, but after muse came on and had played New Born and Bliss, i had to move right back in the inner circle. The amount of crushing was unbearable, never been in a crowd as bad as that, it completely ruined space dementia for me as i had to barge all the way through the crowd just to get some breathing room.

Over all though Muse were absolutely fantastic, and i desperatly hope that this reminds them of just how good they used to be. Hyper Music was so beafy with Chris singing...:D

Well, you'll be meeting me. I'll be with Popey.

Why are you so worried about the ticket?

I dunno, just my parents getting me worried I suppose. :LOL:

We actually have a time? They're mostly worried about that aspect, although I know I got quoted 'about midday' in the original PM exchange.

Although tbf being stuck in Reading with no way home until morning and (almost certainly judging by video footage I have seen) wearing trainers caked in 4 kinds of mud is better than sitting through Celebrity Big Brother. :p

I dunno, just my parents getting me worried I suppose. :LOL:

We actually have a time? They're mostly worried about that aspect, although I know I got quoted 'about midday' in the original PM exchange.

Although tbf being stuck in Reading with no way home is better than sitting through Celebrity Big Brother. :p

I am a regular on here and I wouldn't let you down. Honestly, I'll be there. With Pope. Who will probably come in here and call me a cunt or something and tell you I'm rubbish. :LOL:

I land at 9am, and afaik we are heading straight to Reading/the ticket office. How far are you from Reading itself?

I'm thinking a good location will be Chris side between the back two amp pylons, it's raised there, only slightly but enough to give you clearance over the idiots who think it's good to walk through the crowd wearing large Mexican hats.

I know, I'm referring to the fact that there'll be no toilet breaks. :LOL:

Don't know what to do, I'd rather have all or nothing.

Nothing isn't all that bad though. I'm tall enough at 5'7 but I know plenty of Musers smaller than me who hang halfway back with us and have fun. Sure sometimes I can't see the band but I either watch the screens or dance my face off. I guess hearing it live is enough, seeing them is a bonus. If that makes sense.

Nothing isn't all that bad though. I'm tall enough at 5'7 but I know plenty of Musers smaller than me who hang halfway back with us and have fun. Sure sometimes I can't see the band but I either watch the screens or dance my face off. I guess hearing it live is enough, seeing them is a bonus. If that makes sense.

This.

Archived