I've seen people queue from early in the morning only to get pulled out moments before or after muse have come on and it's really sad. I found it extremely crushy when I went to the o2 gig and actually got winded from being shoved into the barrier so hard. I suppose it's stupid to assume Reading won't be even rougher. Well, maybe I should re-think the barrier plan.

Hey fellow Musers. I've bought a day ticket for tomorrow as a last minute thing but I am thoroughly unprepared - I have no wellies! Argos in Hammersmith are sold out and shops aren't open until 11 so, does anyone know if I'll be able to buy some at the festival or somewhere in Reading beforehand?

Alternatively, if anyone is there right now ... any chance I won't need wellies?

Hey fellow Musers. I've bought a day ticket for tomorrow as a last minute thing but I am thoroughly unprepared - I have no wellies! Argos in Hammersmith are sold out and shops aren't open until 11 so, does anyone know if I'll be able to buy some at the festival or somewhere in Reading beforehand?

Alternatively, if anyone is there right now ... any chance I won't need wellies?

Wellies will be a must :LOL: I know at Leeds there was a stall selling wellies, so i imagine reading to be the same, but can't say for definate.

Guest Batman.
The amount of crushing was unbearable' date=' never been in a crowd as bad as that, it completely ruined space dementia for me as i had to barge all the way through the crowd just to get some breathing room.[/b']

This, so much.

I couldn't even escape to get a few rows back when the crush started, there was that much pressure at the barrier. Ended up being one of the hundreds of people getting dragged over the barrier by security, it was that bad, especially having had this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuss_procedure done less than two months ago.

Still got to see the first 6 songs on the barrier though, and watched the rest of the set from around the tower with the screen on.

Highlights:

• Matt playing piano on New Born!
  • New version of Bliss.
  • Chris singing Hyper Music chorus, sounded brilliant along with the crowd!
  • New guitars! Possibly a new Santa, and a DL-1 (With sustainer)
  • Origin Of Symmetry sounding absolutely massive, they didn't hold back at all.
  • Friendly people!
  • Sound has noticeably improved from The Resistance tour.

Bad Points:

• People at the barrier for some reason spent the whole gig slanted to the left, ExogenesisP1 and I spent all day trying to push ourselves back up :LOL:
  • The screens breaking.
  • Sound briefly cut out during Hysteria.
  • The barrier was really far from the stage, though I supposed that was due to the pyrotechnics.
  • Greatest hits after Oos was quite anticlimatic, and Koc closing doesn't seem much of a departure from The Resistance tour. Although they were all good performances.
  • People talking during Screenager :facepalm:

Overall, it was probably the best gig Muse have ever done IMO, and people who are going to Reading should prepare themselves for something amazing :LOL:

And to the person wondering whether to go to the barrier or not, It's not worth it. Try to get in front of the second barrier (With your back against it, facing the stage)

Am I the only one who thought Bliss was worse off having the synth intro instead of the usual one? There's something special about the way the muted bit just before the riff gets the entire crowd to explode together. A lot of people didn't know when the song started and it meant it didn't pack the punch it normally does.

I think Santa 2 wasn't supposed to have that headstock. :LOL: Maybe Manson didn't have any spare red ones? Two DL-1s? Both the same weren't they?

Ha, yeah, while I was at the front we were all leaning left. Wierd. :LOL:

Screenager actually went down well where I was, and I couldn't hear Chris during Hypermusic. I wonder who decided he should do it, did he want to or did Matt cop out?

Bad Points:

[*]People at the barrier for some reason spent the whole gig slanted to the left, ExogenesisP1 and I spent all day trying to push ourselves back up :LOL:

:LOL: Happy days. Getting out of there is the best thing you can do. I amazingly managed to stay to the end. But this morning my ribs were really aching, I think they're bruised. Glad you you ok though :).

Am I the only one who thought Bliss was worse off having the synth intro instead of the usual one? There's something special about the way the muted bit just before the riff gets the entire crowd to explode together. A lot of people didn't know when the song started and it meant it didn't pack the punch it normally does.

I think Santa 2 wasn't supposed to have that headstock. :LOL: Maybe Manson didn't have any spare red ones? Two DL-1s? Both the same weren't they?

Screenager actually went down well where I was, and I couldn't hear Chris during Hypermusic. I wonder who decided he should do it, did he want to or did Matt cop out?

I personally think that matt was trying to get out of any difficult vocals prior to Micro Cuts (Hyper Music, Bliss falsetto etc.)

And yes, i didnt like the synthy intro to Bliss as much as the usual guitar intro, but i thought it nice of them to try and re-create the sound as far as possible.

I personally think that matt was trying to get out of any difficult vocals prior to Micro Cuts (Hyper Music, Bliss falsetto etc.)

And yes, i didnt like the synthy intro to Bliss as much as the usual guitar intro, but i thought it nice of them to try and re-create the sound as far as possible.

Yeah, I liked how they stuck to the album, but there were points where it didn't work. Things like no riffs at the end of New Born and the lack of the druming into on Citzen Erased. Only small things, but it was ironic that it was when they were most different rom the album that it was at it's best. The Space Dementia outro and guitar Screenager were superb. :D

Yeah, I liked how they stuck to the album, but there were points where it didn't work. Things like no riffs at the end of New Born and the lack of the druming into on Citzen Erased. Only small things, but it was ironic that it was when they were most different rom the album that it was at it's best. The Space Dementia outro and guitar Screenager were superb. :D

Space Dementia outro was fantastic, i don't know why but i never imagined it to have been played on guitar :LOL:

Im glad that they didn't turn Darkshines into a piano track aswell, Matt really nailed the guitar in that.

You may be right, although Chris has said before that Hyper Music is one of his favourites, so maybe he asked Matt to let him sing the chorus?

I'm really glad I didn't move forwards now; seeing what some people said. We had our backs to the second barrier, but the only thing that spoiled it was people kept walking right infront of us to get out (especially during OoS) and it really started to piss me off. It was amazing though, I loved the visuals, set - and Chris' singing on Hyper music made loads of fangirls behind me go "Oh my god, Is that Chris singing? Holy shit, find the camera!" :LOL: I could go on and on but it was quite literally amazing :happy: Wish i'd bought Reading tickets now.

The greatest day of my life without doubt. Getting to hear Micro Cuts, Dark Shines and Bliss (personal favourites) was incredible nevermind the rest of Origin. The only bad point about the day was the mud, I was stupid enough to think I could brave it wearing trainers since I left it too late to buy wellies. Oh how wrong I was, it's like a bloody sea of sticky thick brown crap - no wonder the crowds look dead on the videos.

So I get to the main stage just as Interpol were finishing up and I try and stand and wait for Muse without slip and sliding everywhere then I'm sure someone was looking over me because I see this little patch of amazing to save the day. Pic related:

25frre0.jpg

Needless to say I stood my ground through Elbow and stayed on what must be the driest patch in the entire arena?

Anyway Muse were incredible, everything about the show from the setlist to the stage design to the pyrotechnics was just unbelievable. The people who are nitpicking about stuff like Matts voice during Micro Cuts just can't be pleased. :rolleyes:

On a sidenote, does anyone think Chris might get a more prominent role with vocals in the new album? the chorus during HM was brilliant. :)

Guest Batman.

I just liked how it was different, I've already seen the normal guitar intro version live.

Yeah he broke the original neck, it's a prototype DL-1 neck I believe :LOL:

And there was definitely two different Red Glitter guitars being used, look through these photos http://www.rocksound.tv/index.php/photos/article/reading-and-leeds-festival-2011-live-and-loud-muse and notice the colours of the border of the X-Y pad. One is black and one is silver/chrome. Might actually be the original Glitterati, repaired?

And I personally only noticed the DL-1 with the sustainer, although some people in Kit and Tab think they also saw one with a P90, so who knows?

And the reaction I heard was probably because I wasn't near the front during Screenager so I was with the more casual fans.

EDIT: Actually I think the surround for the X-Y is mirror, so it might be that it only looks shiny when the angle is right, and if there isn't any light being reflected off it into the camera, it appears black. Maybe :LOL:

Just home now back in Ireland (after stupid flybe cancelling their flight from Leeds and having to be transferred to Manchester for a different flight :indiff:) after the festival and im still completely reeling from last night. Micro Cuts, Megalomania and my favourite of the night Hyper Music were just so epic, I don't think I'll ever witness anything better in my life! I got to the main stage at half 10 yesterday morning and stood through the wind and rain until Muse who I never thought were going to come on stage! Longest day ever, muscles completely aching today and my voice is absolutely gone, but my god it was well worth it, rocking out to the extreme with other Musers, it was just heaven :D would love to be doing Reading too!!

Btw does anyone agree that Interpol are probably the worst band ever, like really? I was falling asleep during them. Loved Friendly Fires and Frank Turner tho. :happy:

Just home now back in Ireland (after stupid flybe cancelling their flight from Leeds and having to be transferred to Manchester for a different flight :indiff:) after the festival and im still completely reeling from last night. Micro Cuts, Megalomania and my favourite of the night Hyper Music were just so epic, I don't think I'll ever witness anything better in my life! I got to the main stage at half 10 yesterday morning and stood through the wind and rain until Muse who I never thought were going to come on stage! Longest day ever, muscles completely aching today and my voice is absolutely gone, but my god it was well worth it, rocking out to the extreme with other Musers, it was just heaven :D would love to be doing Reading too!!

Btw does anyone agree that Interpol are probably the worst band ever, like really? I was falling asleep during them. Loved Friendly Fires and Frank Turner tho. :happy:

Karen & I were on the same flight as you:)

It was all worth it - always is for MUSE.

Interpol I like but they are more late night music (for me anyway).

Archived