I am a regular on here and I wouldn't let you down. Honestly, I'll be there. With Pope. Who will probably come in here and call me a cunt or something and tell you I'm rubbish. :LOL:

I land at 9am, and afaik we are heading straight to Reading/the ticket office. How far are you from Reading itself?

No I don't doubt that. It's my first time doing a last-minute ticket buy I guess - I have been to 3 massive shows on my own so I'm fine with that part.

We live roughly 50 miles from Reading or 90 minutes drive according Google, so it's not too much of a hassle to get there.

Once we're in it should be a blast :awesome:

Nothing isn't all that bad though. I'm tall enough at 5'7 but I know plenty of Musers smaller than me who hang halfway back with us and have fun. Sure sometimes I can't see the band but I either watch the screens or dance my face off. I guess hearing it live is enough, seeing them is a bonus. If that makes sense.

True, it's just I've been on the barrier all the other times i've seen them and i'm worried it won't be as good and I'll regret it, you know? The fact I'll be waiting for perhaps up to 15 hours with no one to talk to sounds excruciating! and having to sit through Enter Shikari....

True, it's just I've been on the barrier all the other times i've seen them and i'm worried it won't be as good and I'll regret it, you know? The fact I'll be waiting for perhaps up to 15 hours with no one to talk to sounds excruciating! and having to sit through Enter Shikari....

I don't think you're allowed into the arena till 11am anyway, so at least it's a little less time to have to sit through

No I don't doubt that. It's my first time doing a last-minute ticket buy I guess - I have been to 3 massive shows on my own so I'm fine with that part.

We live roughly 50 miles from Reading or 90 minutes drive according Google, so it's not too much of a hassle to get there.

Alix is :awesome: She won't let you down so don't be worried on that score.

I'll be queueing from 7am though outside. Ugh why am i such a dwarf

I've been at the front plenty of times. I've also sat at the arse end of Wembley Stadium and been stood far enough away to actually walk round.

As awesome as it is to be having a staring competition with Matt, you'll love it wherever you are

I'm not worried - my parents are because that's what parents do I suppose. But oh well - I don't mind too much. After the music starts I'll probably be feeling a bit happier. :) Muse itself will be brilliant.

I'd love to see my friends though - a few of my mates like Frank Turner so I wanna see them watching him for inspiration for their acoustic troupe.

I've been at the front plenty of times. I've also sat at the arse end of Wembley Stadium and been stood far enough away to actually walk round.

As awesome as it is to be having a staring competition with Matt, you'll love it wherever you are

I agree, there are some people who need to be around other fans to feel 'comfortable' going nuts. Stand anywhere you want, go a little bit further back so you have breathing room, and just have a good time on your own no matter how boring the people are around you may be.

I agree' date=' there are some people who need to be around other fans to feel 'comfortable' going nuts. Stand anywhere you want, go a little bit further back so you have breathing room, and just have a good time on your own no matter how boring the people are around you may be.[/quote']

To an extent that's what I have done in seats at arena shows - the crowd for Depeche Mode was terrible but I just kept dancing.

Whenever I've been standing its always been in an active crowd and I'm normally a handful of rows to a quarter or even halfway back. But I've never been in a full on festival mosh - nearest was Foo Fighters when I nearly got suffocated after 3 songs.

I was close to the front at Earls Court: Dead Star comes on, I scream like a schoolgirl and bounce like a space hopper standing on everyone's feet who are motionless - everyone around doesnt know any of the words and are :stunned:

Had I stood further back I might have had more room and who knows, better fans around me.

(still loved every second)

I was close to the front at Earls Court: Dead Star comes on, I scream like a schoolgirl and bounce like a space hopper standing on everyone's feet who are motionless - everyone around doesnt know any of the words and are :stunned:

Had I stood further back I might have had more room and who knows, better fans around me.

(still loved every second)

Lucky fucker seeing Muse at Earls Court. Although tbf I was only 11 when the actual show happened. :LOL:

To an extent that's what I have done in seats at arena shows - the crowd for Depeche Mode was terrible but I just kept dancing.

Whenever I've been standing its always been in an active crowd and I'm normally a handful of rows to a quarter or even halfway back. But I've never been in a full on festival mosh - nearest was Foo Fighters when I nearly got suffocated after 3 songs.

Ever since the Wembley Gigs last year, (first night had terrible crushing), every gig i've been to, including Foo's the other month has all had idiotic crowds who care more about trying to surge to the front than the actual music. And after Leeds yesterday being the first time i had to leave the front as it was so bad, i've just given up with bothering to be at the front.

I do find it a hell of a lot better just going a bit further back, you have space to dance and move around, you can have a drink when you want one, eat when you need. It just makes for a much more relaxing day, and a more enjoyable concert experience.

Ever since the Wembley Gigs last year, (first night had terrible crushing), every gig i've been to, including Foo's the other month has all had idiotic crowds who care more about trying to surge to the front than the actual music. And after Leeds yesterday being the first time i had to leave the front as it was so bad, i've just given up with bothering to be at the front.

I do find it a hell of a lot better just going a bit further back, you have space to dance and move around, you can have a drink when you want one, eat when you need. It just makes for a much more relaxing day, and a more enjoyable concert experience.

I've never been that close but I can never imagine its pleasant having so many dicks behind you only wanting to get as close as possible and ruining the gig for everyone else.

Closest I can imagine is Hyde Park when people kept pushing past me and there was a huge crowd surge when headliners The Killers came on.

I know, but as Musers are notorious for their setlist rants, I'm just preparing for the ones that will once it's all over tomorrow, lol.

Dee was at Leeds. He hasn't complained (much). I think we're safe. :awesome:

Yeah I'm a bit jittery about buying last minute too BUT I know Becky (who I've quoted below) very well so I trust her 100%. :happy:

Ok. Well. I'll text you when we are leaving Gatwick and you can give me an idea of where you are? I've just texted Pope to ask what time he reckons we will be in Reading just to be sure.

Edit: He said we should be there for around 11am.

I've been on the barrier a few times, and I've also been at the back of an arena with space to run around...then there's the middle. I've had brilliant fun at all those places but I think it depends on whether you can handle being crushed - and if you'll enjoy it with that behind you. I've heard how rough the crowd is and it would be awful to be pulled out and miss part of the set. That's just how I see it, it's up to you.

Then again I'm sure there's a few die harders who you will see on the barrier so you might get talking to a few.

:happy:

<3

Yeah, Leeds had a few of those idiots who just forve their way to the front and don't care what happens. I missed the end of Micro cuts because a load of people infront of me got knocked over.

But for the first three songs or so I was within touching distance of the barrier. :awesome:

But by the end of it I was only about half way through the GC, because I had to keep moving back. I might try getting the barrier tomorrow, considering I got so close without even realising or trying to.

Ever since the Wembley Gigs last year' date=' (first night had terrible crushing), every gig i've been to, including Foo's the other month has all had idiotic crowds who care more about trying to surge to the front than the actual music. [b']And after Leeds yesterday being the first time i had to leave the front as it was so bad, i've just given up with bothering to be at the front.

[/b]

I left the front as well as it was very crashy. too crashy for me. A muser friend of mine got taken out and also broke a rip. It was really bad.

I had such a blast though!!! <3

Not only that, you need to ask yourself can you actually RUN to the barrier? There's going to be plenty of people with the same thing in mind and it's survival of the fittest these days at gigs. There are some cunts who will try and pull you off the barrier so they can get on it, and tbh if you can't hold on - you aren't going to last too long and all that waiting would be for nothing.

I left the front as well as it was very crashy. too crashy for me. A muser friend of mine got taken out and also broke a rip. It was really bad.

I had such a blast though!!! <3

Ouch, thats not nice. It was amazing and i would have loved to stay there, but as soon as Bliss was ruined for me by big circles of crowd around me just falling over, trying to take anybody with them that they could, i knew it was time to get out.

I too was there yesterday and was at the front barrier. I started off on the left side, pretty much in the middle. All the way threw the band [except Enter Shikari] the crowd were fine. And when Muse came on all hell broke loose. The amount of pressure from the people was very intense. My body was pinned up against the barrier and found it very hard to breath. Add that to all the people being dragged due to collapsing and crowd surfing, the whole concert was mental. I was lucky to stay in. Same time tomorrow then :D.

Not only that, you need to ask yourself can you actually RUN to the barrier? There's going to be plenty of people with the same thing in mind and it's survival of the fittest these days at gigs. There are some cunts who will try and pull you off the barrier so they can get on it, and tbh if you can't hold on - you aren't going to last too long and all that waiting would be for nothing.

I Don't know if Reading is anything like Leeds, but I got within touching distance of the barrier and only turned up when The View finished, and wasn't aiming for it, so I guess anyone determined enough could get their way onto it if they wanted it enough.

Also, did anyone else notice they had the same camera things they used for the Welmbley 360 footage?

Also, did anyone else notice they had the same camera things they used for the Welmbley 360 footage?

Im glad somebody else mentioned this. I noticed on a few shots that Matt's body shape looked a little distorted/odd.

I thought they were using the 3D cameras so im glad it wasent just my eyes :chuckle:

Yeah I'm a bit jittery about buying last minute too BUT I know Becky (who I've quoted below) very well so I trust her 100%. :happy:

Ok. Well. I'll text you when we are leaving Gatwick and you can give me an idea of where you are? I've just texted Pope to ask what time he reckons we will be in Reading just to be sure.

Edit: He said we should be there for around 11am.

My dad's knowledge means we could be arriving at 12. But yeah - drop us a text line and I will respond. Although I think Gatwick is closer to Reading than Milton Keynes (which is near where I live).

Tbh I wish I was there right now - Pulp are playing Common People and it looks amazing. But tommorrow is better than nothing.

Archived