Good news.

I found a way to enter legitimately, and still express my feelings for how this was handled. I still think my old one related to a fictional place, but oh well.

Don't get me wrong, it's your contest. Just changing/editing rules midstream because you didn't like the results is kinda weak.

Be safe all.

Oh, and yes.... it's a real town!

Vote for Meeee....again, lol

So, mods, I havn't even been told about my suggestion being deleted. I understand it may cause a bit of discussion, but what competition doesn't? These tickets were to go to my brother and a .mu user who are both huge muse fans. It's the same for 'they' who won't be entitled to anything. If it wasn't a valid submission, it wouldn't have been voted for. Many muse fans want a place where they see Muscle Museum and a place where muse play what is a good setlist to them, so this is incredibly unfair for us to just be deleted without being told.

I'd love to see a copy of the rules and see where it states that I can't have an imagination and submit what I would like. Musers have obviously felt the same to both mine and 'they''s submission, so the fact you've just got rid of them is essentially you fixing this competition because voters' have wasted their time voting on something they felt strongly about. And just because you feel that's it's not a "valid submission" doesn't mean you have the right to delete my submission, meaning that those who I wanted to come with me to the Reading Festival can no longer do so.

I feel that discussing this further on this thread is neither professional or private enough and I would like to hear from the senior Moderator who over looks this competition. And if he can't provide me with written evidence that my submission was not valid, then I'd love to hear from Tom Kirk the reasons why.

Thanks very much.

Unfortunately neither the Mods nor the Musers decide what is and what isn't a valid entry into the competition.

However, you even said in this thread it was highly possible your entry would be removed. It's neither a venue or a location, real or fictitious. You say you're a big fan and it wasn't trolling, that's fine. It still wasn't a location and as a jokey message it wasn't a valid entry for the competition.

People wanting to hear certain songs is fine, it's just not what was asked for.

If you'd said "Space, I hope they play a set list I like with Muscle Museum on it" that would have been appropriate, your entry wasn't and it was removed.

I appreciate you're disappointed and your entry should have been deleted immediately. If you had won, would it not have been unfair to all the people who had seriously entered locations and not a joke without a location in it?

So, mods, I havn't even been told about my suggestion being deleted. I understand it may cause a bit of discussion, but what competition doesn't? These tickets were to go to my brother and a .mu user who are both huge muse fans. It's the same for 'they' who won't be entitled to anything. If it wasn't a valid submission, it wouldn't have been voted for. Many muse fans want a place where they see Muscle Museum and a place where muse play what is a good setlist to them, so this is incredibly unfair for us to just be deleted without being told.

People have voted for a lot of invalid suggestions. It was the anti current set list brigade who latched on to it, plus a few hundred others. You were told, a small organisational error meant that the deletion occurred prior to public informing of the deletion. We have apologies for this.

I'd love to see a copy of the rules and see where it states that I can't have an imagination and submit what I would like. Musers have obviously felt the same to both mine and 'they''s submission, so the fact you've just got rid of them is essentially you fixing this competition because voters' have wasted their time voting on something they felt strongly about. And just because you feel that's it's not a "valid submission" doesn't mean you have the right to delete my submission, meaning that those who I wanted to come with me to the Reading Festival can no longer do so.

There were no official rules stating that. But it was on the forum, and we reserve the right to moderate it as we would any other content on here. We delete all kinds of stuff that isn't needed in sections, like old tickets sales, old threads that aren't used, thousands of spambots, not all deletion that occurs here is due to any rules, and for these purposes, what management deemed invalid competition entries was added to the long list of things that are routinely purged.

I feel that discussing this further on this thread is neither professional or private enough and I would like to hear from the senior Moderator who over looks this competition. And if he can't provide me with written evidence that my submission was not valid, then I'd love to hear from Tom Kirk the reasons why.

Tom Kirk has nothing to do with this. Kev, can we provide the quote from management with regards to this decision?

So, mods...

...Thanks very much.

Ooooh, what was your entry? Despite being the first to post in the thread I forgot about all this...

Since Jack doesn't seem to take a hint, I'll post this here just to be sure:

Don't post your pathetic requests for votes here, on my profile or that of others!

kthxbai.

I lol'd

Hmph, mine got deleted too. Dreams is a fantasy location. :phu:

Why did dreams get deleted?

Ooooh' date=' what was your entry?[/quote']

"Somewhere that forces muse to play a good setlist" - It was first, with 70 votes above 2nd place. If Muselive did this, it would be amazing, as we have a sense of humour. It's well known for .mu to lack one.

Archived