I'd see Muse over Coldplay any day just for the slim chance of getting a rare song.

I might even choose Muse over Arcade Fire for that chance. Because I know I'd be kicking myself if they did play something rare and I missed it.

heck, I'm kicking myself over not going to Lolla simply because they're probably gonna play B&H. :(

Ew, Coldplay

I have hope, I really do! If anything, I truly believe we'll get at least one song that wasn't played at LA Rising. And anyway, I've only been on the barrier for Muse once so I'd like to do that again. Especially for B&H if they play it

I think I'm just going to try to keep my hopes and expectations low.

That way, if we do get a good set with some older/rarer songs, I'll be excited and if we get L.A. Rising: North, I won't be as let down as I would be if I had hyped it up in my mind.

I think I'm just going to try to keep my hopes and expectations low.

That way, if we do get a good set with some older/rarer songs, I'll be excited and if we get L.A. Rising: North, I won't be as let down as I would be if I had hyped it up in my mind.

I have hopes but no expectations. I won't be disappointed if it's LA Rising: North because I'll be seeing it from a much closer perspective :happy: No matter what, I'm excited for the fest. I mean, I won't have the ability to care about Muse's setlist after seeing Arctic Monkeys and The Black Keys back-to-back :dance:

You're right about that but people there at a festival show were a lot more pumped to see a musician/band that they have never seen.

You would not believe how jaded and ass-holey people around here are about new music, or music they haven't heard. Its not across the board, but if they played too many 'older' things, you wouldn't believe how shitty newer 'fans' would be, because I saw it happen at the first show I saw them play in Colombus Ohio a few years ago. They played plug in baby and CE I believe and people just looked bewildered. I couldn't believe it.

When I saw them in Oakland the crowd went pretty crazy for New Born and MK Ultra. Not necessarily big rarities but not something a radio-only fan would be familiar with. I know people get annoying when a song comes that they don't know but hell I've seen people quite bored for UD.

If they threw Micro Cuts or Space Dementia or some rarity into this setlist, and kept the rest the same, the reaction would be a lot lighter than it is now when only Guiding Light was added from the last show. Look at the reactions to Sunburn at Australia, or Dead Star at Budokan.

but there's always that one small chance that Matt decides to f*ck everyone and play Micro Cuts or another OoS rarity at Lolla.

This. I mean, they pretty much have to play at least Micro Cuts, Dark Shines, and Space Dementia before R/L. Unless they're just going to privately rehearse Dark Shines and Space Dementia like they did with Hyper Music. Technically, Micro Cuts has already been rehearsed during that one sound check, but the other songs that are left that need rehearsing need to be played in order for R/L to have good performances of the rarities of OoS.

I have hopes but no expectations. I won't be disappointed if it's LA Rising: North because I'll be seeing it from a much closer perspective :happy: No matter what, I'm excited for the fest. I mean, I won't have the ability to care about Muse's setlist after seeing Arctic Monkeys and The Black Keys back-to-back :dance:

Fair enough.

I guess that's how I felt at L.A. Rising. After seeing Rise Against, I didn't really care what Muse played. Then lo and behold, we got the set we got and I was able to enjoy it.

Fair enough.

I guess that's how I felt at L.A. Rising. After seeing Rise Against, I didn't really care what Muse played. Then lo and behold, we got the set we got and I was able to enjoy it.

Either way, Muse is undeniably my favorite live band and I'll be happy to see them for a 4th time :happy: Twice from seats, once from the barrier, so another time from that barrier will make me very happy. Their show at Staples night 2 remains ranked #1 on my concert list, and I've seen like 20 concerts now :chuckle:

Either way, Muse is undeniably my favorite live band and I'll be happy to see them for a 4th time :happy: Twice from seats, once from the barrier, so another time from that barrier will make me very happy. Their show at Staples night 2 remains ranked #1 on my concert list, and I've seen like 20 concerts now :chuckle:

Lucky! I only went to the first night at Staples, it was a pretty standard setlist, but still good. But you guys got Bliss, RBS, NSC, and Stockholm Syndrome + epic riffs! But you didn't get Guiding Light or MK Ultra.

This. I mean, they pretty much have to play at least Micro Cuts, Dark Shines, and Space Dementia before R/L. Unless they're just going to privately rehearse Dark Shines and Space Dementia like they did with Hyper Music. Technically, Micro Cuts has already been rehearsed during that one sound check, but the other songs that are left that need rehearsing need to be played in order for R/L to have good performances of the rarities of OoS.

Knowing muse, they'll use Leeds to rehearse.

Looking back at these 2 gigs, I predict that Muse will stick to practicing OoS songs during soundchecks and the gigs themselves. Sure, it doesn't equate to an actual live performance in front of a crowd but at least it shows that they're trying to practice.

Edit:And it's nice to see Muse to play B&H more often now...seeing as how it was played 0 times in the US during TR tour.

Archived