Muse HAARP tour voted Wembley's Greatest Event

KirkBot

30adf05e-3d3f-4395-8e82-d969a7a83ab4.jpgFans have voted in their thousands to crown Muse the winners of Wembley's Greatest Event competition. There was fierce competition from the likes of Michael Jackson, Queen and Live Aid not to mention England's triumphant World Cup performance in 1966. But thanks to the incredible support of Muse fans - the HAARP tour in 2007 is now officially Wembley's Greatest Event. Muse were the first act to play in the new Wembley Stadium and now their Greatest Event victory will be marked with a permanent installation at Wembley Stadium which sport and music fans can enjoy for years to come.

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/762/muse-haarp-tour-voted-wembleys-greatest-event/

Muse were the first act to play in the new Wembley Stadium and now their Greatest Event victory will be marked with a permanent installation at Wembley Stadium which sport and music fans can enjoy for years to come.

The first act? Not first band? Forgetting/erasing GM? :LOL:

was this one of those "votes" that musers have hijacked or was it only one vote each?

I'm not to sure, however if there was no vote limit then personally I think its a pretty shitty way to win. The same people voting over and over. I mean what is the point if its just going to be hyjacked by over obsessed fans? As much as I love and adore muse, this tbh is a shock. Yes the Stadium gigs were amazing but I still feel they wernt on par with over past events.

Either way congratulations to muse.

Stange to this date I think it was an average gig on a rushed last minute large stage. You could tell someone in management just decided to have a pop at a stadium gig on the back of a successfull arena tour.

Personally the whole sound/vibe of the HAARP tour I didn't enjoy. SMBH sounded so nasal.

All the same, well done I guess. :\mm/:

• 1 month later...

Archived