NME Greatest Frontmen and Women

initialdylan

Sippe was making the point he knew I meant, nothing more. You made a judgement because you could see someone was 16 and from Ohio, I did the same to you so you could see that it was pretty stupid. The end.

In actually find it hilarious that you just did the same thing that she did, and she just ranted away about how naive you were.

Trap SUCCEEDED.

Heeey, I'm not an idiot! It just took me a couple of issues to realise it wasn't as good as everyone said it is!

I still had to soil my reputation sometimes by buying it whenever there was a band featured I wanted to read about though :'(

Buy me a pint and I might reconsider. :p

I take pride in having never purchased NME or any other music magazine.

Hey, less of the 'middle aged woman' you lot. Middle age doesn't start till 55 these days. And I'm not just saying that because I'm 39. Oh no, I'm really not.

:LOL: I don't mind (jokingly) calling myself middle aged, but if anyone else did it I'd punch them in the throat

I really hate getting so old. I don't feel old and I don't look old. Maybe I should start lying about my age now. Start again at 29 and go from there :LOL:

Best day of the last few months for me was at my last Muser meet, getting into crazy golf at student discount rate :awesome: I was so excited :LOL: OH and before that, getting ID'd for buying alcohol at Tesco. I was 38 at the time :cool:

Best day of the last few months for me was at my last Muser meet, getting into crazy golf at student discount rate :awesome: I was so excited :LOL: OH and before that, getting ID'd for buying alcohol at Tesco. I was 38 at the time :cool:

What was the age limit for the student discount? I got ID'd for alcohol last year. I thought the cashier was joking at first but she wasn't :awesome:

• 7 months later...

Geez, thought this would be up by now.

Anyway, NME wants to know who the greatest frontman/frontwoman is.

http://www.nme.com/ratemy/205334/greatest-frontmen-and-women/item/205484#undefined

Matt is winning by 0.01 last I checked, so get voting!

Also, the best album of the last 15 years. Both Absolution and OoS are there.

http://www.nme.com/ratemy/242849/best-albums-of-the-past-15-years/item/246468#2

Bellamy's a terrible frontman. The closest he gets to crowd communication is "this is an old song", he does absolutely nothing to attempt to get the crowd going and he stands still a lot of the time. It irks me a little seeing he seems to be a very different person outside a gig setting :noey:

Which is a good thing. Personally I hate frontmen who're more interested in trying to make crowd to stupid things instead of actually singing. Jared Leto is the perfect example of this.

Which is a good thing. Personally I hate frontmen who're more interested in trying to make crowd to stupid things instead of actually singing. Jared Leto is the perfect example of this.

So true. I like Jared and 30STM but sometimes I just wish he'd sing the bloody song :noey:

I'm surprised Freddie Mercury isn't closer to the top though...

I find that varies. Matt's awesome because he gets on and tears things up (though I wouldn't put him in a top ten of frontmen, Mercury, Plant, Cobain et al are just too good). Ditto with Chino Moreno of Deftones and the guys in Mastodon.

Viz talkative frontmen, I found Guy Garvey and Jarvis Cocker very entertaining. Though that may be because, unlike Leto, they have abundant humility and wit (and when they sing are superb at it).

I see what you mean with "getting the crowd to do stupid things" having been caught between 2 walls of death (or should that be in a wall of death) at BMTH at Reading. Although I do hope one day to be "jumping the fxck up!" at Corey Taylor's command along with several thousand others...

I love quite a few of the bands on there, but I don't think any of those are my favourite 'frontmen', as such. Writing good music and playing well doth not always a good frontman make. When I think of a good frontman, I think of someone like Guy Garvey, Josh Homme, Pelle Almqvist or Chino Moreno. One of those people who has a good balance between talking to the crowd, hyping up the crowd, playing well, and being interesting to watch.

EDIT: I guess Brandon, Grohl, and Albarn are pretty good.

EDIT TWO: Yeah, I didn't realise that there were frontmen that weren't on the list :$ Zach De La Rocha is pretty awesome. No Jeff Mangun though.

Archived