NME Greatest Frontmen and Women

initialdylan

Bellamy's a terrible frontman. The closest he gets to crowd communication is "this is an old song", he does absolutely nothing to attempt to get the crowd going and he stands still a lot of the time. It irks me a little seeing he seems to be a very different person outside a gig setting :noey:

I disagree with that. It's true Matt isn't very good at communicating with the crowd, but he does try to get everyone to fist-pump, clap and sing along.

So does pretty much every frontman of every band ever.

I knew you'd say something like that. :p

Bellamy's a terrible frontman. The closest he gets to crowd communication is "this is an old song",he does absolutely nothing to attempt to get the crowd going and he stands still a lot of the time. It irks me a little seeing he seems to be a very different person outside a gig setting :noey:

I wasn't suggesting that because Matt does those things he's an amazing frontman, just that in the last few years he has put some effort into it and improved.

Bellamy's a terrible frontman. The closest he gets to crowd communication is "this is an old song", he does absolutely nothing to attempt to get the crowd going and he stands still a lot of the time. It irks me a little seeing he seems to be a very different person outside a gig setting :noey:

Matt gets the crowd going via his music and non-verbal communication. I don't think he's "greatest frontman ever" material, but his crowd control style is unique and surprisingly effective.

If only he was more in touch with what the crowd felt every time they played GL.

Matt gets the crowd going via his music and non-verbal communication. I don't think he's "greatest frontman ever" material, but his crowd control style is unique and surprisingly effective.

If only he was more in touch with what the crowd felt every time they played GL.

+1

I had a good chuckle at the last point. :LOL:

:yesey: Exactly.

I personally prefer his style to frontmen who spend a lot of time talking.

Which is a good thing. Personally I hate frontmen who're more interested in trying to make crowd to stupid things instead of actually singing. Jared Leto is the perfect example of this.

So true. I like Jared and 30STM but sometimes I just wish he'd sing the bloody song :noey:

I'm surprised Freddie Mercury isn't closer to the top though...

So the perfect frontman is somewhere in between ;)

Erm, isn't this an old poll? Look at what it says about the date of their latest issue...

Also, some of the comments underneath are several months old.

Edit: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=81609

I suggest you use search next time before making a new thread about an old poll.

Next time just report the thread so one of the mods can merge the 2 threads.

Archived