NME Greatest Frontmen and Women

initialdylan

Have to say that I'm extremely surprised that Freddie Mercury and Robert Plant are only 6th and 9th and yet Jared Leto is 5th. Oh dear, at least it's only NME.

The reason they're only 6th and 9th is because it's the NME.

NME should quit crushing over Bellamy already. Freddie Mercury, Robert Smith, Mick Jagger, and Robert Plant should all be converging at the top of this list. Iggy Pop near the bottom of this list too? Really?

Not to say Matt isn't a great frontman, he is indeed, but he isn't the best. He has his own advantages.

Agree. I think if NME keeps puttin Matt and Muse everywhere, it's going to hurt them instead of helping them.

Agree. I think if NME keeps puttin Matt and Muse everywhere, it's going to hurt them instead of helping them.

16 years old from Ohio......You do realize that NME has been pumping Muse constantly since 2004, right? If people are going to be sick of them they would have 3 or 4 years ago. :rolleyes:

ahh so that explains the abominations that are Gerard Way and Jared Leto on the list...

I never seen MCR live but Jared Leto is NOT a good frontman. When you talk through out most of your songs when performing its pretty bad. I do prefer Matts non-talking to just being up there and awesome on stage any day to Jared Letos constant chatter.

Alex Capranos and The lead singer of Vampire Weekend are wonderful By the way! :D

NME's history with Muse is a weird one. I remember in 2000/01 buying NME with so much excitement cos I didn't know any better so thought it was the only "real" music magazine and then there'd be crushing disappointment cos they seemed to really not like Muse that much whenever they reviewed them. It got a little better after OoS was released but there was still a sting in the tail of most of their reviews.

Then Absolution happened and suddenly NME shoots its load over everything they do.

I'm not saying that wasn't sometimes deserved but I can't help thinking it's gone too far the other way. In my opinion, there are and have been better frontmen than Matt but that's not to say he hasn't got the time to earn his place.

ahh so that explains the abominations that are Gerard Way and Jared Leto on the list...

Although i agree on Jared, i find Gerard to be a really good frontman...just because you personally dont like him doesnt mean he shouldn't be on the list..:)

I don't get why some people here are chiding NME for what is a readers poll and not something compiled by the NME writers/editors themselves. If Matt is at no. 1 it simply means that he's the most popular pick among those who had voted.

NME's history with Muse is a weird one. I remember in 2000/01 buying NME with so much excitement cos I didn't know any better so thought it was the only "real" music magazine and then there'd be crushing disappointment cos they seemed to really not like Muse that much whenever they reviewed them. It got a little better after OoS was released but there was still a sting in the tail of most of their reviews.

Then Absolution happened and suddenly NME shoots its load over everything they do.

I'm not saying that wasn't sometimes deserved but I can't help thinking it's gone too far the other way. In my opinion, there are and have been better frontmen than Matt but that's not to say he hasn't got the time to earn his place.

"NME is like, uh… I love NME, I mean, ’cause it’s like a crazy, weird, crazy, sort of codependent, psycho girlfriend that like, loves you one minute, then hates you, and loves you, then hates you, and it just makes you want to come back for more. I want more from the NME. That’s what I want. I believe in the NME. I love the NME. Always have done."

"NME is like, uh… I love NME, I mean, ’cause it’s like a crazy, weird, crazy, sort of codependent, psycho girlfriend that like, loves you one minute, then hates you, and loves you, then hates you, and it just makes you want to come back for more. I want more from the NME. That’s what I want. I believe in the NME. I love the NME. Always have done."

Pretty much :LOL:

Matt's rant there just reminded me of my own relationship with NME in that it keeps slagging off bands I like after building them up! Well ok, Muse have it good at the moment but using another band I like as an example, it's amazing how much NME's attitude towards Franz Ferdinand changed after being all over them in 2004.

Pretty much :LOL:

Matt's rant there just reminded me of my own relationship with NME in that it keeps slagging off bands I like after building them up! Well ok, Muse have it good at the moment but using another band I like as an example, it's amazing how much NME's attitude towards Franz Ferdinand changed after being all over them in 2004.

Yeah seriously! Where is Alex on this list?

Although i agree on Jared' date=' i find Gerard to be a really good frontman...just because you personally dont like him doesnt mean he shouldn't be on the list..:)[/quote']

I just don't find MCR's music appealing at all, plus a few friends of mine have seen them live and said they're not that great, and I trust their judgement over a strangers anyday

Archived