Yeah he didn't actually say anything about Muse dying of aids, The Mirror have twisted it and made it sound a lot worse. Tbh I think I've seen worse things said on here.

We get it, he doesn't like Muse.

I did laugh at the hedgehog comment though, the one - why would I want to talk about getting off with a hedgehog unless I want to be on Springwatch.

Lol, anything Frankie Boyle says is hardly worth getting riled up about... he just does it for the shock value. And often he just goes too far and ends up with more enemies than friends. Even if he was wishing that Muse got aids, who cares? It's just some guy's twisted view :p. We'll see who's laughing when Muse make it to space on Branson Airways :phu::chuckle:

I actually don't care that it's Muse, it would've been offensive no matter who was the target. The thing that makes this offensive is the use of AIDS as a cheap laugh.

Frankie Boyle used to be funny. Now he's a complete douchebag.

+1.

What a fucking idiot.

I just watched the video and it's not nearly as bad as the Mirror made it out to be *shakes fist at Mirror reporter*.

He really shouldn't have put the two "jokes" together.

Anyways, Frankie Boyle seems to dislike Muse an awful lot for someone who's only just heard of them. He probably just listened to NSC before the show for research purposes and dismissed them as shit. Which would be understandable :p

I haven't followed him since he left Mock the Week, I do find him funny sometimes, other times it's just his opinion and goes a bit too far. I couldn't give a shit he said that however, I think people are used to/bored of him saying stuff like that

i swear they already used the hurrican festival/aids festival joke years ago anyway and it wasnt that funny then either.

aids is hilarious!!!!! oh wait, it's a horrible illness that kills millions of people a year. :(

Yeah, it was word for word the same joke.

Never liked Frankie Boyle.

Hes just some scottish cretin who swears and people find it funny. At risk of sounding like a snob, I pity those who find him funny.

I agree, he isn't funny at all. His 'punch lines' are just about trying to say the sickest thing as possible, and hope a small minority of invalids laugh. He is an insecure junkie that would benefit from a kicking.

Never Mind The Buzzcocks has always been about ripping into every band/artist out there, regardless of who's presenting it.

The AIDS joke would have been written beforehand, it had fuck all to do with Frankie Boyle, hence why he's reading it from the autocue.

It's only because it's Frankie Boyle it's suddenly "news" ;)

Never Mind The Buzzcocks has always been about ripping into every band/artist out there, regardless of who's presenting it.

The AIDS joke would have been written beforehand, it had fuck all to do with Frankie Boyle, hence why he's reading it from the autocue.

I would have thought the comedians wrote their own jokes before the show or would at least have to approve them if they were written for them by somebody else.

Used to think Frankie was somewhat funny, and even though he's always been close to the mark with his jokes he now says things that ment to hurt/offend people, just because he gets a big reaction from it, i don't think wishing death on anyone is funny.

I would have thought the comedians wrote their own jokes before the show or would at least have to approve them if they were written for them by somebody else.

Well they might have had a bunch and seen what he was comfortable with. But the joke would have been made around research into the band. Otherwise that kind of knowledge about Muse would only lead you to assume he's actually a massive fan, possibly on here. ;)

Well I don't give a toss about this Frankie person, but obviously no one wants Muse to die of anything in reality, so that's good.

Long live our boys!

I'm looking forward to the performances on Bournemouth pier that we can attend in our zimmer frames.

Watching this clip out of the context of the entire show/series is ridiculous and stupid. And if it was about Coldplay (which it often is on the show) you'd all be laughing. I thought it was a pretty funny episode, they've had some dire hosts on the show this series.

Archived