Watching this clip out of the context of the entire show/series is ridiculous and stupid. And if it was about Coldplay (which it often is on the show) you'd all be laughing. I thought it was a pretty funny episode, they've had some dire hosts on the show this series.

Well, the show is actually normally hilarious. I love the Doctor Who episode.

This guy is stupid. Not only is he not funny at all' date=' he tries to make humour at the expense of Muse dying. GTFO.[/quote']

I think the best thing is not to get to deep about it. Obviously what he is saying would be devastating but he's a cunt and that's it.

This guy is stupid. Not only is he not funny at all' date=' he tries to make humour at the expense of Muse dying. GTFO.[/quote']

Plenty of jokes have been made out of popstars dying on NMTB over the years, he's not the first and won't be the last, just it's newsworthy purely because he's known for making "offensive" jokes and these jokes weren't even his own!

Plenty of jokes have been made out of popstars dying on NMTB over the years, he's not the first and won't be the last, just it's newsworthy purely because he's known for making "offensive" jokes and these jokes weren't even his own!

There's got to be a point that crosses the line though.

There's got to be a point that crosses the line though.

but everyone is going to have a different opinion of what that line is. frankie boyle makes gay jokes and hiv jokes a lot. yet graham norton has invited him on his show.

insensitive and rude yes. but there have been rude and insensitive people in comedy since laughter existed.

*shrug*

I loved the show when Lamar and Amstell were hosting, but I've not watched it since, much like after Angus Deayton left HIGNFY.

I've not really liked Buzzcocks ever since we have to put up with Noel Fielding every week. He's another person who is apparently "funny" and I don't think he is.

but everyone is going to have a different opinion of what that line is. frankie boyle makes gay jokes and hiv jokes a lot. yet graham norton has invited him on his show.insensitive and rude yes. but there have been rude and insensitive people in comedy since laughter existed.

*shrug*

Really? I must admit I dont like gay jokes. I know there will soon be nothing left to joke about how politically correct it is, but there's still that imbalance there. If you're not allowed to make racist jokes (something I agree with) you shouldn't be allowed to make gay jokes imo.

Really? I must admit I dont like gay jokes. I know there will soon be nothing left to joke about how politically correct it is, but there's still that imbalance there. If you're not allowed to make racist jokes (something I agree with) you shouldn't be allowed to make gay jokes imo.

i dunno really...i mean comedy is just as subjective as music. things that are offensive can still be funny and the only way that's decided is whether or not you laugh at it or not.

i may hide my face, or groan and think "omg i can't believe they went there" but if i'm full body laughing at the same time i can't deny it's funny.

i really don't know much about boyle, but his deadpan is amazing. he made a joke once about princess diana that made me :pope: but so did all the "n*gger" bombs in blazing saddles when i first saw it.

He rips into everything, complete equality.

To start saying you can't make jokes about certain things is discrimination.

i dunno really...i mean comedy is just as subjective as music. things that are offensive can still be funny and the only way that's decided is whether or not you laugh at it or not.

i may hide my face, or groan and think "omg i can't believe they went there" but if i'm full body laughing at the same time i can't deny it's funny.

i really don't know much about boyle, but his deadpan is amazing. he made a joke once about princess diana that made me :pope: but so did all the "n*gger" bombs in blazing saddles when i first saw it.

I don't know, I can be laughing at sick jokes at the same time as thinking, oh my god that is so bad, but I don't know, I think the thing with gay jokes, depending on the context, Graham Norton or Stephen Fry can make them until the cows come home and it doesn't matter, but if it's meant to undermine, then, because people are still suffering from the stigma, I think, heterosexuals making demeaning gay jokes is still pushing it too far.

And I'm laughing now because I can think of one culprit of that. Mr Matt Belllamy! :LOL:

I don't know, I can be laughing at sick jokes at the same time as thinking, oh my god that is so bad, but I don't know, I think the thing with gay jokes, depending on the context, Graham Norton or Stephen Fry can make them until the cows come home and it doesn't matter, but if it's meant to undermine, then, because people are still suffering from the stigma, I think, heterosexuals making demeaning gay jokes is still pushing it too far.

:facepalm:

So one rule for someone and a different one for someone else?

maybe frankie's got unresolved issues :eyebrows:

No, if you don't mean it in a demeaning way it's different.

But even homosexuals can make demeaning jokes about homosexuals.

Also, someone's sexual preference doesn't instantly imply ignorance or any hatred towards other sexual preferences. Could possibly go all Freudian and suggest you are reflecting you're own true feelings about the underlying sentiments behind such jokes, but that would be a bit cheap wouldn't it?

Archived