My recent purchases after selling the Diezel:

12U Gator Rack Case

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110172380675

1U Sliding Rack Tray

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110290400863

Samson Powerbrite PB10 Power Conditioner.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=370087509672

Also A Roland SRE-555 Chorus Echo.

And when I've got confirmation, I've got a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce II. :D

Edit: I have a Stiletto now :D

http://i34.tinypic.com/t86gxs.jpg

:D How do you find it?

It's good, still getting used to it, but already incorporated it into quite a few songs! Got some really nice functions, harmonics sounds awesome on it with the octaves. But yea, worth the money! Having great fun with it, just need the patience to fully understand it!

I haven't used my Whammy in ages. I haven't used any of my effects in ages cause I've never bothered to plug my guitar in. I like to learn songs without plugging it in so you get the natural feel of the song instead of learning with a manipulated signal. Whammy is good once you realise that it's not just octave up+1 and there are some cool things.

My next purchase will be a Floyd Rose but not sure what kind.

Also, a question directed to Chris, Sam or someone, I was thinking of trying out producing some of my own songs. No vocals right now but what kind of software and hardware would I need to get decent recordings (i.e. demo and myspace shit)

I haven't used my Whammy in ages. I haven't used any of my effects in ages cause I've never bothered to plug my guitar in. I like to learn songs without plugging it in so you get the natural feel of the song instead of learning with a manipulated signal. Whammy is good once you realise that it's not just octave up+1 and there are some cool things.

Also, a question directed to Chris, Sam or someone, I was thinking of trying out producing some of my own songs. No vocals right now but what kind of software and hardware would I need to get decent recordings (i.e. demo and myspace shit)

Just recording guitar? Mixing desk, mics, and decent software (Cubase or if you're tight on money audacity.)

No vocals right now but what kind of software and hardware would I need to get decent recordings (i.e. demo and myspace shit)

You need a DAW there are some free ones like Reaper, Cubase (oh, no, that's not free ;)

You need an audio interface to convert your analogue signals audio going into the computer. Depending on how many channels you want to record at any one time, the interface will vary. For every microphone channel you want to record at the same time, you need a pre-amp. So, say you're going to record some guitar parts and use VST amp modellers, you could get an interface with one analog input, and plug your guitar into that. If you want to mic up your amp, you'll need an interface with one, or two mic pres, one or two xlr cables, and one or two mics. I recommend 2. If you want to record a drumkit, obviously all the pres, cables, and mics increase by the number of drum channels you want to record. It gets more difficult to find audio interfaces with more than 2 built in pre-amps, and generally involves outboard equipment, like a rack of mic pres, all plugged into a multi-channel interface.

You could do with some half-decent headphones, and some decent speakers. If you're recording to other parts, you'll need to monitor through the headphones to avoid feedback/bleed (DI/micd).

To start off, I would get a free DAW like Reaper, get a "big to small" adaptor so that your jack lead will connect into your computer's existing line-in socket, and record with that. Get used to it, and you will soon realise the limitations of your existing soundcard i.e latency etc. Then look at interfaces.

yeah, a DAW like reaper (Free) or cubase (not free) and a mic, an sm57/58 is the staple it seems if you're wanting to do guitar. interface, firewire or usb, firewire is usually better.

HOORRAAYYYY!!!!

My Tele arrived at GAK about 45 minutes ago. I phoned them to change the order from the specific colour of tele to just any colour, and they told me it was just about to be shipped.

The funny thing is, I was actually meant to phone them yesterday to do this, so I'm glad I didn't get around to it in the end.

HOORRAAYYYY!!!!

My Tele arrived at GAK about 45 minutes ago. I phoned them to change the order from the specific colour of tele to just any colour, and they told me it was just about to be shipped.

The funny thing is, I was actually meant to phone them yesterday to do this, so I'm glad I didn't get around to it in the end.

Pics?

:D

WEN R IT GUN BE DELIVERD?

I dun went and spent my moneys, not on a IIC+ I'm afraid...

Tuesday or Wednesday. :D What did you buy?

Tuesday or Wednesday. :D What did you buy?

Nice!

I didn't buy it yet actually, I'm waiting for the guy to give me a total for it.

I'm apparently joining a zeppelin cover band :confused: So I just decided to completely change my setup

-original spec JTM 45 clone (sure, he didn't use a JTM 45, but holy **** this thing has a good 60s/70s rock sound) most of my cash is going into this....rest is going into a new mic.

next is a '52 reissue tele...Jack found a rather interesting one, but I'm not sure if it will be there when I get paid next week.

Liam, what about the toneport UX1 i sold you? that would suffice for recording stuff. It does vocals and instrument input!

As for software, cubase is great. your computer didnt have a DVD drive though, did it?

i meant as in i dont think he had a disc drive in general! i was a bit vague there.

Oh, well, I forgot I could use the Toneport for recording stuff. Yays!

I have a DVD and CD drive now. It's all good.

Damn, my friends asking me to go out. Should I do it?:confused:

Archived