Chick Corea's Elektric Band: To The Stars

Chick Corea's Elektric Band: Beneath the Mask

Allan Holdsworth: Hard Hat Area

Allan Holdsworth: Sixteen Men of Tain

Randy Newman: Toy Story OST (lol)

John Williams: The Terminal OST

John Williams: Catch Me if You Can OST

James Newton Howard: I am Legend OST

Danny Elfman: Spiderman OST (the actual score not the shit compilation album)

also some tesco Rat Pack 4 disc set thing for great justice (cos it was too cheap not to really)

:LOL: They're not that bad?

Oh wait I'm lying they're awful strings.

From my experience with ernie ball strings they're incredibly awful. I used them on and off a couple of years ago to get a fair try with them and they don't last long at all. D'addario are the strings for me, they just seem to last forever, I've probably only snapped about 3 d'addario strings in my 3 years of using them, and then was only from accidently cutting them or changing tuning too much.

From my experience with ernie ball strings they're incredibly awful. I used them on and off a couple of years ago to get a fair try with them and they don't last long at all. D'addario are the strings for me, they just seem to last forever, I've probably only snapped about 3 d'addario strings in my 3 years of using them, and then was only from accidently cutting them or changing tuning too much.

Yeah same experience with Ernie Ball strings. They sound like crap aswell from what I've found. I'm a Elixer nanoweb man myself because they take months and months to wear and play and feel great. :happy:

Yeah same experience with Ernie Ball strings. They sound like crap aswell from what I've found. I'm a Elixer nanoweb man myself because they take months and months to wear and play and feel great. :happy:

I have yet to try Elixer, but all I've heard very good things about them. I may get a set when my next restring is due. They're quite expensive compared to other strings though, but that's where my PMT discount comes in:D

I have yet to try Elixer, but all I've heard very good things about them. I may get a set when my next restring is due. They're quite expensive compared to other strings though, but that's where my PMT discount comes in:D

Try http://www.stringbusters.com, you can get Elixers for £1 more from there. (£1 more then shop retail).

I buy all my strings/accessories from them and they're perfect! :happy:

i just use strings, doesn't make a single bit of difference.

i've had ernie balls on my guitars for up to 6 months at a time, probs the same with d'addios, not broken a string in roughly 4 years... it's all nonsense really.

I used to use elixer strings all the time but they just got too expensive for me. I absolutely love them though and just love the feel of them. Then I started getting D'addardios and think they're ten times better than ernie ball. I got the ernie ball slinky top heavy bottom pack and it just feels so nasty after a while. I'll definitely be buying a new D'addardio 11-52 pack the next time I go to the shop.

Archived