The ShimVerb is...eh. Not that great. Too digital sounding, too much volume loss. Will probably sell it to some poor, unassuming TGPer :chuckle:

In other news, I finally got a pair of IEM's. Not the Westones, I was at Guitar Center ans just picked up some Shure SE215s for the heck of it (my headphones broke anyway)--but they're AWESOME. I haven't played music with them, but just listening I'm really impressed. Finally, I can enjoy my music without being bothered by my family talking at me :LOL:

I just got a pair too. How you liking them so far? I was gonna get the Westone UM1's, but guitar center doesn't carry them and I knew my mom wouldn't have gotten them for me (don't have a credit card obviously, so even if I have money, it's up to her).

I honestly kind of regret getting these instead of the Westones, these are a bit on the muddy side.

got an old traynor YGM-3 from the late 60's for cheap. needs a bit of work though.

very similar to this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvaS1J7IjC0

Phill, have you still got that little traynor solid state? (I think that was you who had it?) any good?

also some more parts for my amp build.

Yeah still got it. It's actually a great sounding little amp. It's got a low/med/high master volume switch. On high with the volume knob low it's got a really nice clean tone and on med you can get a nice bluesy break up with the volume knob higher. Then on low with the volume cranked you get a really dirty, fuzzy, torn up speaker sound.

Yeah, reverb and tremolol don't work, but hopefully it'll be an easy fix. Circuit looks dead stock though

Oh and Jim...

4.jpg

:facepalm:

Probably going to sell my other strat which has been pissing me off recently...it's a nice guitar, but there are some issues with the electronics

Well, at least I can Simon Niel while I John Frusciante

I honestly cant believe you have so many problems with your guitars james...

It's just because I'm incredibly picky about how my guitars play and sound. I'm sure half the problems I have with my guitars wouldn't bother others at all :$

The issue the strat has can be fixed easily, but it's sort of a shame because it would require replacing the pickups which I love the sound of.

Yeah, reverb and tremolol don't work, but hopefully it'll be an easy fix. Circuit looks dead stock though

Oh and Jim...

4.jpg

:facepalm:

Probably going to sell my other strat which has been pissing me off recently...it's a nice guitar, but there are some issues with the electronics

Well, at least I can Simon Niel while I John Frusciante

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

just got a Tech 21XXL

I wanted the purple bass one but never had the cash when they came up. I agreed to buy an original silver one and then a bass one came up the next day! Just my luck

Anyway, it's supposed to be the same but with a little bit of low end loss - nothing I can't handle. I can't wait to try it out. The reason i've wanted one for ages is that the dude from Karnivool uses one and his tone is just absolutely fucking massive

Got some recording stuff. maudio fast track and sennheiser mic. I asked for a shure sm 58 but the dude at guitar center kept pushing this mic since it was the same price and apparently better, but it at least works just as good so whatever. Now time to get writing!

photo13fl.jpg

i've been thinking about buying a kit off that place for a while now! let me know how it is! :D
My mate built the strat one, let's just say I hope mine turns out a bit bettter :LOL: But yeah, will do some reviews when I'm done.

I bought the tele back in June but sold it because I needed the money. :rolleyes:

My mate built the strat one, let's just say I hope mine turns out a bit bettter :LOL: But yeah, will do some reviews when I'm done.

I bought the tele back in June but sold it because I needed the money. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I'm thinking about getting the tele one. Even if mine does go to shit it should be interesting :LOL:

Archived