Finally broke down and bought myself an El Capistan :awesome:/:facepalm:

http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/

The awkward moment when you buy a delay pedal to hold you over until another delay pedal is shipped...but not really because you wanted both anyway...

/confuseddelayjunky...junky...junky...junky...junky...junky...

whoa, once you should make a post about all your delays, which sounds the best, is it possible to emulate the BBD sound (like Memory Man) using DSP (El Capistan) etc.

whoa' date=' once you should make a post about all your delays, which sounds the best, is it possible to emulate the BBD sound (like Memory Man) using DSP (El Capistan) etc.[/quote']

The El Cap is dTape, not dBucket, but you're right, I should do a delay shootout...

...once the TimeLine gets here :awesome:http://www.strymon.net/timeline/

I'll do DMM vs. dBucket, the authenticity of dTape, and all the others. Should be fun. Now I just need an Echoplex to compare it to...

The El Cap is dTape, not dBucket, but you're right, I should do a delay shootout...

...once the TimeLine gets here :awesome:http://www.strymon.net/timeline/

I'll do DMM vs. dBucket, the authenticity of dTape, and all the others. Should be fun. Now I just need an Echoplex to compare it to...

awesome

you should include this too:

aggtelek__cseppkobarlang_1215873_1358.gif

Now dare you not go into oscillation!? :phu:

[Hidden=oscillationz]wowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahaEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEwoodloopEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEwoodloopEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEowowowowowowowow.........[/Hidden]

If it doesn't oscillate, I won't buy it either.

The Strymon delays have a tap & hold feature that cranks it into auto-oscillation :awesome:

[Hidden=oscillationz]wowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahawowowowowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahaEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEwoodloopEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEwoodloopEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEowowowowowowowow.........[/Hidden]

The Strymon delays have a tap & hold feature that cranks it into auto-oscillation :awesome:

I think the best sounding oscillating from any delay pedal has to be the DM-2. I wonder if the behringer clone is any good?

Working my way up from 4th top poster in this thread :facepalm:

Just bought one of these:

http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/ProductInfo.asp?id=26

Way, way sketchy reverb/shimmer pedal from China. Got it cheap on TGP, I sort of just want to see what it does and how well it does it. Demos sound alright. Should be interesting.

....wow, I really am becoming like James, but with pedals. He's really starting to rub off on me....

:chuckle:

:pope:

:facepalm:

Bought myself my first pair of IEM's a couple of hours ago. Shure SE215. Have to say, I was a bit overwhelmed at first, considering the fact that I'm so used to my AKG K271 MKII.

Sound: A bit of hype in the bass. Mids are the highlight of these IEM's, they come out crisp, clear, and full. Treble lacks that sparkle and sizzle seeing as how these go up to around 10k and then start dropping off until 18.5k. The soundstage is a bit... small. Everything sounds a bit enclosed. I also find that one song can sound amazing, and then the next song will sound like shite.The lower-mids are very in your face which is something I don't hate, but I don't enjoy it.

I also noticed that although these are the lowest of the Shure IEM's and is geared towards the pro-sumer, it is VERY detailed. I'm able to pick out very discreet and minute details (delayed signals, reverb, harmonies) that I've never been able to pick out with my AKG's. This could have to do with the fact that the sound source is literally jammed into my ear.

Obviously, they still aren't "burned in" properly, so I do have hope that the sound will continue. People have also reported that the highs will come through more as the earphones are burned in.

The ShimVerb is...eh. Not that great. Too digital sounding, too much volume loss. Will probably sell it to some poor, unassuming TGPer :chuckle:

In other news, I finally got a pair of IEM's. Not the Westones, I was at Guitar Center ans just picked up some Shure SE215s for the heck of it (my headphones broke anyway)--but they're AWESOME. I haven't played music with them, but just listening I'm really impressed. Finally, I can enjoy my music without being bothered by my family talking at me :LOL:

Archived