Bottom line, they won. So bawwing about how Uprising is overplayed isn't going to help anything.

Who said I was trying to help anything? I was giving my opinion on their Grammy performance. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it has to be 'End Of' as you so eloquently put it.

I was disappointed with the song choice but it was the best song to pick off the album. This album really got Muse known in the US for all those who didn't know about them before. I was stoked to see he was using the Double-Neck Mason guitar because I have never seen it used live before. Seeing it in glorious HD was cool. I thought the visuals on the pillars were pretty amazing as well. A nice performance and I am happy that they won. You could tell they were nervous when making the speeches but it was all good. Nothing to whine about, be happy for the band!

They did play something other than Uprising according to EW.com:

Muse

U.K. rockers Muse busted out their moody, operatic single ''Victorious'' amid a sea of agit-prop video screens while masked hoodlums rushed the stage to bash TVs and mosh. Needless to say, this was not your parents' favorite performance of the night. The band's anti-establishment, ''Down with the Man'' message was a welcome dose of outsider energy for the usually staid Grammys, though their heavy-handed delivery isn't likely to inspire any off-stage revolutions. Grade: B-

I don't have the patience now to add all the facepalms they deserve.

Remember that the Grammy Awards are only a business thing. The public doesn't vote. That's why Lady Antabellum won...has anyone heard of them before the Grammys?

Yes.

And considering the 480 thousand something records sold in the first week, I'm not the only one.

The "Don't Tread on Me" was used well before the Tea Party. The snake originated from Ben Franklin's Albany Plan of Union in 1754 which was a plan to unite all the American colonies for common defense. The flag itself was used by the United States Marines during the revolutionary war

You couldn't make this stuff up! 'degraded' continant. :LOL:

Oh :LOL: at "degraded" continent! His favourite band come from that degraded continent as well! Oh jeez! :LOL:

Also I'm sure the student protesters weren't really intending to drag out Charles and Camilla and kill them! :LOL: I wondered what that was about on the screens, didn't manage to concentrate on them fully. That's pretty cool!

He's right that the UK, at least, was never liberated but then, despite that, we still have a better arrangement than America.

Ironic, as well, that the student protest was against the sort of state he would support as it was about cutting state provision. Mind you maybe that's why he thought it "degraded"!

EDIT: Actually I think I read it wrong - he's against revolution is he? I suppose he thinks they're calling for a Marxist Revolution so he doesn't like them anymore! That's a relief. :LOL:

EDIT: Actually I think I read it wrong - he's against revolution is he? I suppose he thinks they're calling for a Marxist Revolution so he doesn't like them anymore! That's a relief. :LOL:

Yeah :-) Glenn Beck is a fascist...one of the worst and most conservative and republican media people in the US.

The "Don't Tread on Me" was used well before the Tea Party. The snake originated from Ben Franklin's Albany Plan of Union in 1754 which was a plan to unite all the American colonies for common defense. The flag itself was used by the United States Marines during the revolutionary war

I wonder if Muse know it is used for the Tea Party. I wouldn't have know, but then I don't follow them at all, just get the gist that they're far right wing nutters!

Yeah :-) Glenn Beck is a fascist...one of the worst and most conservative and republican media people in the US.

Yeah but it still doesn't make complete sense. So he's just realised that Uprising is about an Uprising? duh! :LOL: Does that mean he doesn't support revolution or just doesn't support revolution if it's not the one he wants!?

PS Just had a look at the visuals again. I like the bit when the banks fall. I wish we had been able to see the visuals in full but the editing didn't allow that.

Yeah but it still doesn't make complete sense. So he's just realised that Uprising is about an Uprising? duh! :LOL: Does that mean he doesn't support revolution or just doesn't support revolution if it's not the one he wants!?

You have to cut him some slack, though. He's an idiot.

aflo_LKGB147328.jpg

Just love this piccy :D

Aww. :D

Remember that the Grammy Awards are only a business thing. The public doesn't vote. That's why Lady Antabellum won...has anyone heard of them before the Grammys?

I've heard of them, and I didn't even know Train existed until last night. :$ (Heard that song, though, just had no idea who it was by)

Congrats to Muse for winning their first GRAMMY!

28 million viewers in the USA watched Muse perform "Uprising" and 29 million watched the band's acceptance speech according to Nielsen. The GRAMMYs had their highest audience ratings since 2001. "Uprising" and The Resistance are now in the Top 20 of the iTunes charts on the Monday following the Sunday televised broadcast.

Muse won Best Rock Album - Produced by Matt, Dom and Chris

Arcade Fire won Album of the Year - Best reviewed album in this category per Metacritic

The Black Keys won Best Alternative Album - Superb production work by Danger Mouse

All quality wins and well deserved.

Muse and Arcade Fire were rewarded by the NARAS voters for their career body of work, musicianship and live performance reputation.

That was one helluva night. I was contemplating staying up the entire night to watch on live stream, but my parents were lingering outside my room and knew I was still up so I had to go to bed. Both my PC and Tablet are recovering from the raping of my refresh button from the forums. :( I was awakened at 4ish of the sound of Undisclosed Desires playing unusually fast in my ears, and looked up the forum, found they had won, and their speech, and performance, and did the quietist squeals and Uprising rave I could at 4 in the morning. So I got about 3 hours sleep. I know that I will never get those hours of sleep back :(

ANYWAY! Congrats to the lads, fully deserved win ;) "prouda you" :D

Archived