I think I have more rage for Gaga than I do for Muse lol.

Still think they should have picked a different song but as always they played it safe.

Also, why did Matt thank Kate? They hadn't even met in 2009. Poor Gaia

Honestly, you're not going to jump on that bandwagon too are you? I thought you were against commenting on their personal lives? Anyway Gaia dumped him so she can hardly complain really!

Honestly, you're not going to jump on that bandwagon too are you? I thought you were against commenting on their personal lives? Anyway Gaia dumped him so she can hardly complain really!

I can't believe people are complaining about it either. He thanked Gaia at the Valentine Brits too. He's hardly going to thank his ex! :LOL:

Anyway He has to keep her happy, her hormones are probably all over the place. :p

Congrats to Muse for winning their first GRAMMY!

28 million viewers in the USA watched Muse perform "Uprising" and 29 million watched the band's acceptance speech according to Nielsen. The GRAMMYs had their highest audience ratings since 2001. "Uprising" and The Resistance are now in the Top 20 of the iTunes charts on the Monday following the Sunday televised broadcast.

Muse and Arcade Fire were rewarded by the NARAS voters for their career body of work, musicianship and live performance reputation.

I want to thank you for all the great information & statistics you always provide. It is appreciated!

Do you really think I'd jump that wagon? :LOL: I was joking about the Gaia thing; and you are correct, I am against commenting on their personal lives. /above not inc.

Congrats to Muse for winning their first GRAMMY!

28 million viewers in the USA watched Muse perform "Uprising" and 29 million watched the band's acceptance speech according to Nielsen. The GRAMMYs had their highest audience ratings since 2001. "Uprising" and The Resistance are now in the Top 20 of the iTunes charts on the Monday following the Sunday televised broadcast.

Muse won Best Rock Album - Produced by Matt, Dom and Chris

Arcade Fire won Album of the Year - Best reviewed album in this category per Metacritic

The Black Keys won Best Alternative Album - Superb production work by Danger Mouse

All quality wins and well deserved.

Muse and Arcade Fire were rewarded by the NARAS voters for their career body of work, musicianship and live performance reputation.

Excellent :awesome:

Danger Mouse is fantastic too.

Also, I wonder if anyone realizes Cee-Lo Green was the other half of Gnarls Barkley, with Danger Mouse ;)

Was anyone dissapointed by muse last night when they showed the picture of the royals being attacked?

No, well not me.

I think it was just symbolic of a revolution to overturn the monarchy which, well, I don't agree with the monarchy really.

I think there were some anarchists at the student protest but sometimes I think a bit of aggravation is needed, though I must admit I didn't pay close attention to the original footage that involved the Royals. I sort of agreed with them smashing up the building though, not that I'd do that myself, but sometimes people are too well behaved and then no one listens.

There's two sides, some claimed that removed support for protest, but I don't know, I think a lot of the time we act like doormats in this country.

Also from a band that uses lyrics like "I want to push this beyond a peaceful protest" no one should be surprised. Some people argue that Muse are too tame.

The 'protest' part of the performance was a bit gay, imo :LOL:. It was just people dressed like ninjas and 'attacking' things... it seemed a bit random. The protestors at their live shows (pre-Uprising) have more impact. Maybe if they'd come on in the last chorus of the Grammy's performance and just waved around banners etc like protestors usually do, it would have been okay, but this was a bit pants, imo :p. Still a good performance, if a little expected/predictable.

I thought the performance was okay. I guess I'm just used to the towers from seeing them on tour, although I REALLY liked the pyrotechnics (hopefully Muse can add some of those next tour!). My sister actually thought some people had gone crazy and were attacking the stage while they were performing! :LOL: And I'm super happy Muse won (of course!).

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but during the performance, did anyone notice that Matt said "Paranoia" a little weird? Everything else was fine after that, but I thought it sounded funny...maybe I'm hearing things! :LOL:

The 'protest' part of the performance was a bit gay, imo :LOL:. It was just people dressed like ninjas and 'attacking' things... it seemed a bit random. The protestors at their live shows (pre-Uprising) have more impact. Maybe if they'd come on in the last chorus of the Grammy's performance and just waved around banners etc like protestors usually do, it would have been okay, but this was a bit pants, imo :p. Still a good performance, if a little expected/predictable.

it was an actual relief that they weren't actually "dancing." i was sort of terrified before the show when i'd heard there would be dancers.

but i actually believe this performance had more impact on terms of protestors.

the intro to the stadium shows is just awesome in my opinion as well, but i kind of seen it as people just standing around not doing much but waving around flags compared to the moving protestors on stage at the grammys. it showed more people in action actually causing an "uprising" and "rising up to take the power back."

though i didn't like how well choreographed they looked altogether. too rehearsed. would've liked it better if they had been a bit more messy.

that part at the end with the flaming towers was amazing though. :happy:

gave a real sense of revolution. :D

i think of matt hadn't been so nervous, it definitely wouldn't have looked so awkward.

I have let my Gaga rage subside and I think they were both a bit average. Gaga wins though as her vocals were spot on, Bellz sounded shakey but I put that down to nerves.

Props to Kirk for the visuals.

their performance was nigh identical to what I imagined in my head what they would do, pretty scary in fact haha And yeah his vocals were off at the start, nerves I guess. But good performance, and great visuals, kirk deserves an award.

this.

+ I didn't expect them to bring the "towers" so it was cool to see them.

and I'm ok with uprising having been played, even if resistance would have had more sense since it had been nominated for best rock performance.

congrats for the award, I think they really deserved it, but oh what an awkward speech.

Archived