I know!

Yeah it's all really cool/different. They always make me think what if?

Exactly! :D

I always love when he talks about them randomly in interviews, like in the MTV Backstage Pass, he suddenly starts talking about the lizard people :shifty:

(That one I think is a little far out there :chuckle:)

Can't say which is my favourite of Matt's conspiracy theories yet...

Exactly! :D

I always love when he talks about them randomly in interviews, like in the MTV Backstage Pass, he suddenly starts talking about the lizard people :shifty:

(That one I think is a little far out there :chuckle:)

Can't say which is my favourite of Matt's conspiracy theories yet...

:LOL: I've heard that one before. It's pretty ridiculous

I'm not quite sure what you're saying

(Sorry I'm a bit tired)

Well how did they get such a large fan base? There are obvious answers, but perhaps more than we know. And why would they need such a large fan base? Not that many rock bands have the same thirst for a large audience like Muse do, or thrive on it for that matter. Many are quite content with doing smaller gigs and staying that way, while Muse are constantly concerning themselves with getting bigger. And the fans they do get, many are obsessive, stalkerish, fangirls...its quite a following they have, and they're leading quite a powerful set of people. I mean, lots of fans would do anything Matt, Dom or Chris told them to. That combined with the bands unique interests in things like conspiracy theories are quite a suspicious combination. It's quite fascinating actually, just wondering about the band from these perspectives, and with Matt's hints that he drops everywhere, he just loves to lead the game. Fans are Muse's pawns, and I mean that in the best possible way... usually:p

Well how did they get such a large fan base? There are obvious answers, but perhaps more than we know. And why would they need such a large fan base? Not that many rock bands have the same thirst for a large audience like Muse do, or thrive on it for that matter. Many are quite content with doing smaller gigs and staying that way, while Muse are constantly concerning themselves with getting bigger. And the fans they do get, many are obsessive, stalkerish, fangirls...its quite a following they have, and they're leading quite a powerful set of people. I mean, lots of fans would do anything Matt, Dom or Chris told them to. That combined with the bands unique interests in things like conspiracy theories are quite a suspicious combination. It's quite fascinating actually, just wondering about the band from these perspectives, and with Matt's hints that he drops everywhere, he just loves to lead the game. Fans are Muse's pawns, and I mean that in the best possible way... usually:p

OH! I see what you're saying. Yeah, they do have a lot of power. Hope they use it in the right way. If they were working for other side (if there even are sides, for that matter) it could be really dangerous. I have faith in them though...well at least in Chris

OH! I see what you're saying. Yeah, they do have a lot of power. Hope they use it in the right way. If they were working for other side (if there even are sides, for that matter) it could be really dangerous. I have faith in them though...well at least in Chris

Yea, Chris has kids. Let's go with him :LOL::p:D:D

Alright, off to bed. Lovely chat with all of you. It's better when some of the 'buzz' from the Grammy's has died down, and people aren't arguing about Matt mentioning Kate and all that nonsense.

Yeah, I see what you're saying...

Anyone know the reason behind the image at the top right corner of the screen at the very beginning of the Uprising performance? I think it's a snake with the words "Don't tread on me" underneath.

You can see it best at about 0:11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL2LADjJz5A

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag#Contemporary_significance if you're interested.

I thought Muse did a great job with Uprising, that and their win were the highlights of the night for me :awesome:

(Also the only reason I watched the Grammys)

Anyone know the reason behind the image at the top right corner of the screen at the very beginning of the Uprising performance? I think it's a snake with the words "Don't tread on me" underneath.

You can see it best at about 0:11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL2LADjJz5A

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag#Contemporary_significance if you're interested.

I thought Muse did a great job with Uprising, that and their win were the highlights of the night for me :awesome:

(Also the only reason I watched the Grammys)

That's the tea party logo. Well done guys. :rolleyes:

They didn't win the other two. :( Only Best Rock Album

That's fine. The other two were just for the song "Resistance" alone. The one they won was for The Resistance as a whole. So, they win for 11 songs, instead of just 1. :D

Just goes to show that experimentation, while not sitting well with some fans, pays off in the end.

lrmusi_steve_63466936_max.jpg?1297658965

:D:D:D:D

Aww nice photo. :happy:

Personally I think the hand signal is just for dramatic effect. Well it is supposed to symbolise the third eye but it's just for fun. And I don't believe there is any such think as the New World Order as conspiracy theorists like to believe, it's just a term politicians use to refer to post-communism and globalisation. It's a situation, it refers to a change in the world order, not a conspiracy.

The use of the tea party symbol is a bit concerning though, if that's what it is. Talk about looney right wing! :stunned: I honestly don't think that Matt knows what he supports. He says he's Libertarian and yet sings about the evils of individualism and it's hand in inequality (Unnatural Selection). Libertarianism goes hand and hand with inequality so what's that all about? You can be liberal in that you take into account individual freedom and still fight inequality, but Libertarianism is pushing it imo!

Anyway so glad they won the award.

lrmusi_steve_63466936_max.jpg?1297658965

:D:D:D:D

great pic....stayed up for the performance which wasnt the best for me...I know Matt was obviously nervous his voice was off in the beginning....bit hyper crytical but Ive seen them perform it so much bettter.... well done on the Grammy though :D.....wouldve been great to have received one a few years previous......:D

great pic....stayed up for the performance which wasnt the best for me...I know Matt was obviously nervous his voice was off in the beginning....bit hyper crytical but Ive seen them perform it so much bettter.... well done on the Grammy though :D.....wouldve been great to have received one a few years previous......:D

Yep I stayed up til 2am to watch them perform too! I've seen better but that's because they were performing for their fans at their own gigs. I think they did the UK proud :)

Yep I stayed up til 2am to watch them perform too! I've seen better but that's because they were performing for their fans at their own gigs. I think they did the UK proud :)

I'm sure that the fact they were performing in front of the whole world is enough to make 'em, or anyone else, a little too nervous about the performance :)

Archived