The man just won an award, give him a break. What's wrong with thanking someone who makes him happy anyway? :rolleyes:

:facepalm: get your panties out of a wad. Matt's not a God, even he makes mistakes. I thought it was funny.

That topic has been and gone. Moving along now...

Sorry, I didn't spend the whole night reading this thread.

Somehow I keep forgetting that I'm not allowed to have an opinion here...

Total publicity stunt. (I found you! DFTBA :D)

I'm just happy that they're gaining recognition over here. They totally deserve it.

And what's the last award they're up for? Sorry all my Grammy info is coming from you guys currently since I have no tv :(

wha hey! :D

I thought it was funny/cute at the same time.

You know, I normally don't give a shit about the Grammy's, and think it's a bit of a fluff award on occasion. I stand firm when I say the fans voting for good music always means more, because they are the ones who listen to the music at the end of the day, and they will be honest with who they love. BUT, what the Grammy's does do that I've discovered, although not consistently, is it's not entirely about popularity, but recognition for excellence. Both fans and critics/peers are biased in some way or another, and we, myself included, have to learn to deal with it. At least this year, they pretty much got it right, and not just with Muse. I guess there is some hope out there for good music being popular. My favourite bands don't need to be popular, just good at what they do no matter what; and if the world wants to follow good music (its about fucking time!), than whether I/we like it or not, we cannot deny it. End of mini speech.

CNN video interview with Matt and Dom - not sure how to embed it but scroll down to 'Grammy winners celebrate' on the left hand side and they come in about 20 secs in

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/14/grammy.awards.show/?cnn=yes

lol @ Matt seeing Barry Manilow out there in the crowd... oh yeah, hard core! :awesome:

and he's cute when he's talking about the baby :)

Arcade Fire bitchslapped Eminem and Lady Antebellum for Album of the Year....then celebrated with an impromptu encore. Probably the best part of the entire awards.

The best part THAT I MISSED! I'm so happy for them, and so proud to be Canadian with them! It's the few lovely moments like these that Canadians can gloat for a little bit :)

The best part THAT I MISSED! I'm so happy for them, and so proud to be Canadian with them! It's the few lovely moments like these that Canadians can gloat for a little bit :)

They have the clip all over the internet, including the encore performance of Ready to Start. It's really awesome.

:LOL:

I'd love to see that clip

http://www.grammy.com/videos/53rd-annual-grammy-awards-album-of-the-year

It's not the full thing that was shown on TV, but you get the point.... lol @ babs saying "the sssssssuburbs?" lol

EDIT: and, in case this hasn't been posted (i can't remember anymore) - here's muse winning :)

http://www.grammy.com/videos/53rd-annual-grammy-awards-best-rock-album

i dunno why, i feel so happy muse has won the grammy for BEST ROCK ALBUM!! it was a prestigious award category i think. during my time shopping with my mom just now, i couldn't stop thinking about this victory n felt so happy. it's a hysteria time for muse n musers around the world. congrats for muse n all musers!! yay. :happy:

CNN video interview with Matt and Dom - not sure how to embed it but scroll down to 'Grammy winners celebrate' on the left hand side and they come in about 20 secs in

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/14/grammy.awards.show/?cnn=yes

Aww. That was cute. :happy:

I'm surprised so many people don't know who Arcade Fire are. I was under the impression they were relatively popular.

Aww. That was cute. :happy:

I'm surprised so many people don't know who Arcade Fire are. I was under the impression they were relatively popular.

They are for the non-droolers out there.

Basically they're one of those massively popular underground bands who (like Muse) built up their fanbase and led to noms for the Grammys etc.

Me too, I mean, I'm really out of touch with pop culture so I figured if I've heard of them they must be famous. :LOL: Imagine my surprise to log on to facebook and seeing half my friends statuses going, "Who the fuck are Arcade Fire?"

EDIT: and, in case this hasn't been posted (i can't remember anymore) - here's muse winning :)

http://www.grammy.com/videos/53rd-annual-grammy-awards-best-rock-album

I love watching that. They come over like they're thinking "what the hell, how did that happen?". :LOL: You'd think they'd be more prepared to win, being nominated. :)

Love em. :D Don't ever change Muse. :happy:

Archived