http://www.spin.com/articles/grammys-best-and-worst-moments-0

Here's the excerpt about Muse:

"Canniest Move in the Ongoing Campaign to Get American Audiences to Care About Muse

Give them Best Rock Album over Pearl Jam, Neil Young, and Tom Petty. (Yes, and Jeff Beck. But: Jeff Beck?) The British trio's performance of "Resistance," complete with fake security guards chasing fake stage-rushers and giant TV screens made for a bold slice of cultural criticism about…something. Alright, America, let's try this one more time. But no one's holding their breath."

I don't even....

http://www.spin.com/articles/grammys-best-and-worst-moments-0

Here's the excerpt about Muse:

"Canniest Move in the Ongoing Campaign to Get American Audiences to Care About Muse

Give them Best Rock Album over Pearl Jam, Neil Young, and Tom Petty. (Yes, and Jeff Beck. But: Jeff Beck?) The British trio's performance of "Resistance," complete with fake security guards chasing fake stage-rushers and giant TV screens made for a bold slice of cultural criticism about…something. Alright, America, let's try this one more time. But no one's holding their breath."

I don't even....

:LOL: This part made me laugh pretty hard:

"Biggest Snark-Related Culture Clash

After an entire awards show during which America's cool kids derisively snorted, "Who the hell are Lady Antebellum?" every time the country trio scored major awards (including Song of the Year and Record of the Year), the entire rest of the country had the pleasure of ending the night asking, "Who the hell are Arcade Fire?"

:awesome: I kinda love Lady Antebellum though

I didn't read through the whole HUGE thread but did anyone mention that Matt did the pyramid sign with his fingers and the moment he put it in front of his left eye the camera cut it off and showed Chris?

I just wondered if someone in here is aware of that.

:$

ALL my love, Antiem

I didn't read through the whole HUGE thread but did anyone mention that Matt did the pyramid sign with his fingers and the moment he put it in front of his left eye the camera cut it off and showed Chris?

ALL my love, Antiem

Yes we discussed that a few pages back (maybe 10 or 20)

ALL my love, Antiem

I thought it was an anarchy sign :rolleyes:

Yes we discussed that a few pages back (maybe 10 or 20)

Ah sorry, I couldn't read all of the thread. :$

I thought it was an anarchy sign :rolleyes:

It's a pyramid in front of his left eye. Illuminati. ;)

EDIT: Ah, I found the discussion.... But no one mentions that he doesn't do the sign when he says "open your third eye" but "they will not control us". So he DOES use the symbol but in a different context than Kanye, he seems to say that THEY (the pyramid in front of his left eye) will not control us. As opposed to Kayne who simply celebrates the pyramid (Yeah, yeah, diamond.... who does actually BELIEVE that anyway?)

EDIT: Ah, I found the discussion.... But no one mentions that he doesn't do the sign when he says "open your third eye" but "they will not control us". So he DOES use the symbol but in a different context than Kanye, he seems to say that THEY (the pyramid in front of his left eye) will not control us. As opposed to Kayne who simply celebrates the pyramid (Yeah, yeah, diamond.... who does actually BELIEVE that anyway?)

That's how I was hoping he meant it

What I'm more concerned about is the 'Don't Tread on Me' flag symbol shown at the beginning of the performance. The flag originally stood for American independence, but these days, the Tea Party here in the US (with that dolt, Sarah Palin as their highest figure) uses that flag as their symbol. They claim to be libertarian, but the libertarian movement here in the US is so warped that it is pretty much melded into the crazy conservative movement. I enjoyed the performance, but my heart did sink a bit seeing that flag up there... :$

Archived