ololololol.

Personality wise, no, I wouldn't ask them to change. They make me laugh when I watch clips of them on YT, the way they get on with each other. My thoughts on the tour/setlists etc, remain the same. Though that's another topic altogether and one that should be left well alone. :LOL:

Congrats to them though, I sincerely mean that.

Oh, and not sure if you spotted my reply but I am def not jumping on the Hudson/Gaia train. I was only joking.

Yes I saw it. :)

It was British pop duo “Muse” who had the best reason to be cheerful though, picking up their award for “best rock album”. The beaming pair, Matthew Bellamy and Dominic Howard were absolutely delighted to finally crack the American circuit.

http://ozute.com/solomon-burke-honoured-at-grammys/224325/

Can't believe people are paid to write this shit. Someone needs to teach journalists the art of using google. :p

Another POS write-up: in yesterday's Newark Star-Ledger, music critic Tris McCall had this to say about Muse at the Grammys: "...topped Neil Young, Tom Petty, and Jeff Beck in the Best Rock Album category, suggesting that Grammy voters do see the possibility of a future for guitar music. The band's performance of "The Uprising" from "The Resistance" was accomplished, if a bit chilly and remote -- but that kind of arty detachment has always been their calling-card."

Uh-huh. I could overlook the song-title flub as being deadline-related and trivial and still credit this guy for having a well-[enough]informed if contrary opinion about the band's stage presence in general, but for this: the actual quote begins, "British rockers MUSE topped Neil Young,...".

It's remarkable that a critic could be that familiar with a band's live stage presence over the years and still write their name wrong.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2011-02/14/gq-style-news-grammys-most-stylish-men/matt-bellamy-from-muse-on-stage

Matt Bellamy 3rd most stylish man at the Grammys. Wtf has happened to the world? :confused:

And "His bandmates may have let him down (a metallic leopardskin jacket!) " :LOL:

They make like Matt totally changed his look from something else they've seen. First, they haven't seen anything else to compare to, cause their ignorant. Second, he's always dressed pretty similar to that, so this isn't extra special... only now did they decide to notice. And third, Dom's leojacket is awesome! Everyone else seemed to be wearing leo, so what makes it so unfashionable all the sudden. Jeez, people aren't kidding with five minute fashion trends...

Lol at all the Illuminati conversations on YouTube videos of the performance.

Hasn't Bellamy been using that symbol for about half a year or so now?

I haven't had the privilege of seeing them live yet to know that... or happen to see any live videos where he does that. But by no means did I assume this was a 'first' of him... perhaps on national television though :) It's interesting nonetheless.

Another POS write-up: in yesterday's Newark Star-Ledger' date=' music critic Tris McCall had this to say about Muse at the Grammys: "...topped Neil Young, Tom Petty, and Jeff Beck in the Best Rock Album category, suggesting that Grammy voters do see the possibility of a future for guitar music. The band's performance of "The Uprising" from "The Resistance" was accomplished, if a bit chilly and remote -- but that kind of arty detachment has always been their calling-card."[/quote']

Chilly and remote? That's ... interesting. When was the last time anyone did a warm, intimate performance at the Grammys? And I'm loving the "arty detachment." It's not the worst write-up I've ever read, especially considering deadline (it was all our paper could do to get the wire story in), but he seems to be writing about a band he watched in his mind.

Archived