They'll probably do the Twilight triptych of death medley of SMBH/IBTY/NSC and you'll just hear one collective moan coming from this place hah.

I don't know, I think SMBH and IBTY are pretty awesome and NSC is alright, it's better than what they're likely to play IMO which is probably just going to be Uprising or Undisclosed Desires or something like that.

There should be announcements about several additional performers and some of the presenters later this week and early next week. There are usually about 30 performers (not all of them nominees) and about 30-35 presenters at each GRAMMY Awards show. So far only 14 performers including Muse have been announced. A couple performers and nominees (Cee Lo Green, Arcade Fire, Justin Bieber and Mumford & Sons) will have to fly to London immediately after the show to perform and/or attend the Brit Awards at the O2 Arena on Tuesday February 15.

Last year Katy Perry and Alice Cooper announced and presented the Best Rock Album to Green Day who also performed. Two years ago Blink 182 announced and gave the Best Rock Album to Coldplay who also performed. I expect at least one rock category award will be announced during the televised broadcast of the 2011 ceremony. The other category winners will be announced during the pre-telecast which may be streamed on the internet.

Performers will have rehearsals of the song(s) they will be performing at the Staples Center in Los Angeles late next week a day or two before the ceremony on Sunday February 13.

Please not another collaboration, really wasn't a fan of Back in Black or Where the Streets Have No Name.

I think they were both okay. Even though WTSHNN was the biggest disappointment 2010 after that hype :LOL:

I wouldn't mind another one.

I think they were both okay. Even though WTSHNN was the biggest disappointment 2010 after that hype :LOL:

I wouldn't mind another one.

I suppose it would depend on what it was, admittedly the main issue I had with the two I mentioned is that I don't like either of those songs. Back in Black would have been ok except I hate the vocal style.

I'd love for it to be a great song, but they'll probably end up playing Resistance. Just because it's the song that's been nominated for any of the awards, it's the title song off the album, and it's the most recent single. People may as well know what Muse have been nominated for, and while I would love for them to play most things apart from TR, they'll have to. You can't exactly play CE or anything crazy like that. It's the Grammys.

hehe... it's so cool that they're playing it though!!!

Cee Lo Green is performing with Gwyneth Paltrow and the Jim Henson Company Puppets - Maybe Matt will have to pull out the double-neck guitar to not get overshadowed by all that.

Well if the guys get together with GaGa, and chuck a guitar at Beiber, they'll be the toast of the Grammys

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/174930/Muse-lining-up-to-go-GaGa-at-Grammy-Awards/#comments

I don't know how reliable this source is, but a Muse/Gaga collabo could be in the works. Personally, as long as it's done right, I think this could be HUGE. But, if they try to do something that makes Muse look like Gaga's back-up band, then I will be pissed. I've heard SBH/Love Game and TIRO/Bad Romance mash-ups and think it could be done. Also, I know Gaga is debuting a new song at the Grammy's, so maybe it could be Gaga's new song >> Muse mash up >> Muse's performance. Or vice versa. Either way, I'm really getting pumped up for this. :D

Archived