Why is people so fucking obsessed with MK Ultra? In 2004 Muse didn't play anything rare at the Brits, they played Hysteria which was a pretty big single at the time.

Stop being so naive, this performance is not for the fans is for self promotion and I doubt they want to promote themselves with a song (MK Ultra) they haven't bothered to play at their own shows.

Because it's a fucking amazing song and Uprising has been played to death here.

Who cares what they play its not gonna be anything special.

Just one song that's it even tho I would love to be in there when it happens but sadly I won't ill be outside waiting lol.

I did have a dream that they played recess while ridding bikes in a circus ring so I'm assuming it was a vision of what's to come.

Yay for outdoor audiences!!! :awesome::dance:

Yeah, 2004 Muse would never play their obvious big single at an award show... oh wait they did.

My point isn't about the single/non-single issue. It's about what side of the band you want to represent to a large audience. Resistance is a much softer song than Hysteria and even Uprising (in some ways). I'd rather not have that be the first impression millions of Americans get of Muse.

/personal opinion

My point isn't about the single/non-single issue. It's about what side of the band you want to represent to a large audience. Resistance is a much softer song than Hysteria and even Uprising (in some ways). I'd rather not have that be the first impression millions of Americans get of Muse.

/personal opinion

Agreed. Which is why I vote Dead Star!!! :LOL:

My point isn't about the single/non-single issue. It's about what side of the band you want to represent to a large audience.

Playing MK Ultra would then make even less sense, does anyone really think that it's the kind of a song that the majority of the Grammys TV audience would go for?

Personally, I rather want to see NSC than any of the other most obvious possibilities. Maybe except for USoE. I haven't seen NSC live nor seen any good proshot of it, but from the videos I've seen, Matt voice sounds better in that song than any other. And if he gives it all in this performance instead of holding back like he's been doing alot during TR tour, I think it'll sound great. On the other hand, I don't think it's a good song for millions of first-time listeners to Muse.

Archived