Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

My thought's exactly Phill. Unless they just forgot to explain that in the email? It does sound that way doesnt it James, I think I will play it safe and wait for Adrian's response...which I probably won't get till tomorrow since it's about 10PM UK time right now.

hmm weird. When I ordered my mb1 I just confirmed I wanted it via phone and then sent the deposit a few days later. Mine seemed a breeze to get :LOL:

That's basically what I did (with the MB-1 anyway), but they're operating things a bit differently now.

As for the email, maybe it would be best to wait until you hear back. That's how it worked with the last MB-1s from what I understand, but I didn't get one from that batch, so I don't know. Maybe someone posted a copy of the email on here... I'll have to look

edit:

As per previous runs of the MB-1 the guitar is only available in strictly limited numbers, in this case just 25 and will be sold as past releases to the first 25 customers that forward a deposit of £1,000.

How to secure an MB-1, edition 3.

Please read the following - if past releases are anything to go by we strongly recommend you do not delay in responding!

1.If you want an MB-1 signature guitar please notify us by return e-mail immediately. At this stage you do not need to confirm the exact model you require - e.g. colour, hardware or screen option so do not worry about that information today unless you have it ready. Simply reply stating you wish to purchase an MB-1. Please e-mail your confirmation to this address AND sales@mansonguitarworks.com

2. Forward your confirmation deposit of £1,000. We can only, repeat ONLY, accept this payment by direct bank transfer. Please note that the MB-1 Edition 3 will be sold, distributed and built by the new Manson Guitar Works facility, bank details will follow at the end of this mail. We require this deposit within the next 7 days otherwise we reserve the right to move to the next potential customer in the pre-notification list.

3. Upon receipt of your deposit we will forward a confirmation e-mail and ask for your chosen model colour and specification plus details of location so we may calculate shipping, final invoicing and correct taxation for any export sales.

4. Then, sit back and wait for confirmation of completion of your Manson MB-1, pay the balance and wait for the guitar to arrive!

Yeah that's what the rational part of my brain is telling me to do! But then again I believe it was you James that told me that the last run of MB-1 sold out in about 14 hours. Now that I'm coming to my senses, I think Phill was right about them sending it out 25 at a time. They couldn't make a mistake like that and have an over flow deposits. Speaking of which, is it Euros or GBP?

Yeah that's what the rational part of my brain is telling me to do! But then again I believe it was you James that told me that the last run of MB-1 sold out in about 14 hours. Now that I'm coming to my senses, I think Phill was right about them sending it out 25 at a time. They couldn't make a mistake like that and have an over flow deposits. Speaking of which, is it Euros or GBP?

Maybe give it until tomorrow morning? I doubt they would've sold out by then

And it's GBP

Yeah, I'll wait and see what Adrian tells me.

Thanks for clarifying that James. I always have a hard time differentiating between the Euro symbol and the GBP symbol. What I do know for sure if that this symbol ($) sucks right now! :mad:

Yeah, I'll wait and see what Adrian tells me.

Thanks for clarifying that James. I always have a hard time differentiating between the Euro symbol and the GBP symbol. What I do know for sure if that this symbol ($) sucks right now! :mad:

I dunno, the second point in that email says to send the deposit, not "wait for us to tell you to send it". I suppose if you do say you want one then they could reply to tell you you're in then you can send the deposit, ala phill's post.

And, go Jimbo! Its not even worth saying I'd love one and how tempting it is to email them :LOL:

I GOT ONE ON HOLD! Adrian replied to my email and said he's holding one for me and they need the deposit within 7 days...I will be going to the bank first thing tomorrow :D

Congrats! Aah the sweet sweet wait for it:)

It´s a killer guitar, and very uniqe. You won´t be disappointed.

With the MB-1, I sent my deposit straightaway. However, if you're in the first 25 to reply, they'll let you know and hold it for you for about a week anyway so you can send the deposit then. Congratulations to everyone getting one by the way.

Went to the bank yesterday morning, checked my account last night and the wire went through. My deposit is on its way and should be there within the next few days :)

In the meantime...if the current DL-1 owners wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts on whether I should go with the MBK-2 or MBK-3. I'm leaning more towards the MBK-3 thanks to some feedback I got from James. But I'd like to get a general consensus if all you kind folks don't mind.

Went to the bank yesterday morning, checked my account last night and the wire went through. My deposit is on its way and should be there within the next few days :)

In the meantime...if the current DL-1 owners wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts on whether I should go with the MBK-2 or MBK-3. I'm leaning more towards the MBK-3 thanks to some feedback I got from James. But I'd like to get a general consensus if all you kind folks don't mind.

According to me and Tim, MBK-3 is very the best option with aluminium finish !!! A loud and heavy sound that I like very much !!! I'm so enjoyed with this sound !!!

Guest Batman.

I've never owned either guitar, nor heard the MBK-2 or MBK-3 in action properly before, but I'd say MBK-3, because

a) Most people say that it sounds good with the aliminium.

b) I imagine it'd sound more like the original Delorean, what with the bridge pickup being ridiculously high output and everything.

Whichever MBK you end up going for, ask if they can do a black coated one! I think it was Musecaster's one that had a black MBK2 and it looked so much better. Dunno if they're still doing them though

Oui, black. A black MBK3 would look awesome.

Archived