I have a shot-in-the-dark-I-know-its-impossible-thing I'm trying to figure out.

My cousin Chad and his wife Joy lost their baby girl after a courageous fight on Thursday Sept. 30th. (Yesterday.) She fought an inspiring and difficult battle for two months through multiple surgeries that ultimately took her little life.

Her name was Bellamy or “Bell.”

Her namesake is Matt Bellamy.

It goes without saying that they love Muse and their music. I’m attending the Denver concert with their tickets, as they obviously cannot now make the trip from Kansas.

It doesn’t do much to ease the pain of a parent losing a child, especially so young a child, but it would mean more to them (they don’t know I’m asking this / trying to figure it out) than anyone could ever know to have a dedication to Bell.

Even a short mention for Bell would help so much.

Thing is, Muse is huge. Massive huge. Even getting a message to management past all the information that is thrown at them everyday is a huge task. I get that they probably get this kind of (if not as heart wrenching) request constantly.

It's been suggested I maybe contact the pepsi center, and to try posting in this forum too for suggestions, but I'm up for any ideas. I know Tom kirk is their manager, but he is too senior for this kind of request to easily reach him. I think I need someone who can get it to him, from below him, and probably below them...

Thanks.

Some of her pictures:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jU0VYQvkHBw/TKZ1eIxkphI/AAAAAAAAALQ/rp8qF1_Dnrw/s1600/62804_1484091100824_1190250227_31243766_7099813_n.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jU0VYQvkHBw/TKZ1eVUPDiI/AAAAAAAAALY/rtOffzt-t-E/s1600/40386_10150241944010524_515790523_14041128_7782284_n.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jU0VYQvkHBw/TKZ1dZCFkiI/AAAAAAAAALI/pDtkGaTsYrA/s1600/60866_10150279212815524_515790523_15057218_7378051_n.jpg

EDIT: TO INCLUDE THE REST OF THE STORY IN ONE PLACE: This was the next night:

Sorry about the delay, had to grab a bite to eat and then plug in my computer when I got back to the Hotel.

WE DID IT!!!!!!! SEE THE VIDEO BELOW ON YOUTUBE:

I am still stunned that Matt dedicated Starlight to Bell. (Bellamy) I'm was reading back through the pages in the denver thread, sorry the story confused everyone.

As for the story as to how it got to the band...

I'm not sure to this moment. I contacted management via email. I contacted the pepsi center. My wife grabbed two roadies outside the pepsi center and handed them the story in print. I got ahold of a roadie on the floor, etc. and on and on. Someone got them the story. We worked on it for the last 36 hours or so, but I don't think it was our effort as much as it was the story. A dedication to a friend or a happy birthday is, while special, not that unique. This story, if you knew the sad details, was heart wrenching. It's bad enough to lose a child, but this was more awful than most situations. This is going to mean so much to the family Bell left behind. I think that spoke to the person or persons who got this to Muse.

Here is the note I sent off to her mother less than an hour ago: (I'm going to call her tomorrow, because it's almost 2 am in Kansas.)

"Chad and joy, thank you so much for the tickets to Muse tonight. The show was incredible, one of the best I've seen.

I (we) wanted to honor the memory of your daughter in some way on this trip. A very long story made short, we were able to get a note to Matthew Bellamy. (yes, THAT Bellamy.)

He dedicated starlight to Bell, in front of 15,000 fans. It was beautiful, uplifting, and perfect. I was fortunate to catch video of the whole thing, and will share it with you all when we get to marysville.

It's a small thing compared to your loss, but know that tonight the crowd, the band, and thousands following the band online know your baby's story and strength."

Thanks everyone for your support. While this was a bittersweet concert for me, it was still so inspiring. A great night to be remembered.

I sent off a message. Thanks for the link, I missed it. I'll probably try to figure out a couple of other ways to contact, but it's a start. :-) If anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

On a lighter note, I'm very much looking forward to seeing them for the first time. I lost my chance when the KC show got canceled, so this will be one heck of a bittersweet evening.

This is so sad. :( How sweet that he dedicated Starlight to her. I am sure bands get a lot of requests for dedications, but there's no doubt this one is worthy. Thumbs up to anyone who helped this happen. I am sure nothing can heal the pain of losing a child, but I hope your cousin and his wife gain some measure of comfort in knowing people care.

I think I will always remember this when I hear Starlight now. What a heartbreaking but touching story.

Sorry about the delay, had to grab a bite to eat and then plug in my computer when I got back to the Hotel.

I am still stunned that Matt dedicated Starlight to Bell. (Bellamy) I'm was reading back through the pages in the denver thread, sorry the story confused everyone.

As for the story as to how it got to the band...

I'm not sure to this moment. I contacted management via email. I contacted the pepsi center. My wife grabbed two roadies outside the pepsi center and handed them the story in print. I got ahold of a roadie on the floor, etc. and on and on. Someone got them the story. We worked on it for the last 36 hours or so, but I don't think it was our effort as much as it was the story. A dedication to a friend or a happy birthday is, while special, not that unique. This story, if you knew the sad details, was heart wrenching. It's bad enough to lose a child, but this was more awful than most situations. This is going to mean so much to the family Bell left behind. I think that spoke to the person or persons who got this to Muse.

Here is the note I sent off to her mother less than an hour ago: (I'm going to call her tomorrow, because it's almost 2 am in Kansas.)

"Chad and joy, thank you so much for the tickets to Muse tonight. The show was incredible, one of the best I've seen.

I (we) wanted to honor the memory of your daughter in some way on this trip. A very long story made short, we were able to get a note to Matthew Bellamy. (yes, THAT Bellamy.)

He dedicated starlight to Bell, in front of 15,000 fans. It was beautiful, uplifting, and perfect. I was fortunate to catch video of the whole thing, and will share it with you all when we get to marysville.

It's a small thing compared to your loss, but know that tonight the crowd, the band, and thousands following the band online know your baby's story and strength."

Thanks everyone for your support. While this was a bittersweet concert for me, it was still so inspiring. A great night to be remembered.

That's so sad that Bell had to go so soon. My heart is with you and her family. :(

Still, it's wonderful and inspiring that the band actually dedicated Starlight to her. If anyone has a video of it, I'd love to see it since I wasn't at the concert.

I wasn't there either but I'd love to see a video too. So happy that you were able to have a happy ending to this tragic story.

I have a video and will post the link once it processes in the morning. It's a little shaky due to the crowd around me. His dedication was pretty short and sweet, which is fine, as I know the pepsi center crowd didn't need that kind of downer explained. But they did a beautiful job on Starlight, and that's what mattered.

tkramer, I'm so pleased you managed to get the message through. I'm going to read up on the Denver thread now, but that sounded like a very special moment. I hope that Bell's family will find some comfort in it.

Starlight is such a fitting song for the dedication as well.

Archived