How heart-wrenching is it to lose a child? There must be hardly anything worse than that. I was very sorry to hear your story and my heart goes out to you and your cousin and family in this time of utter sadness and shock.

It must have been a light in all the sadness to have "Starlight" at the Denver gig dedicated to little Bellamy, how wonderful and considerate are Muse to do this, very, very special people.

My thoughts are with you, your family and anyone touched by the loss of little Bellamy. May she be the starlight in everyone's hearts.

With deep sympathy and unconditional love

Just got back into Kansas City. Funeral was so sad, and yet a little bit beautiful at the same time. So many people came to see her off. Hundreds. I'll leave the personal family details out, but as it relates to the band, they did read a letter.

It talked of many things, including how Chad and Joy went to Denver while Joy was pregnant to see the band in the spring, and of course that didn't pan out. It talked about how they would crank Muse for the baby so she could hear it. :-) They talked about naming the baby Bellamy, and calling her their little rock star. And of course it talked about Matt's dedication on Saturday.

When I heard him say that onstage, I was in disbelief. I still am. It was one of those musical highs you sometimes get at the very best concerts.

I'm glad they will get a break from the last two months of pain and actually get to finally see the band in Oklahoma.

Oh, one more note, MY wife is 4 months pregnant with our first, and Saturday was OUR baby's first concert. So ironic.

And life goes on. The terrible and the beautiful side by side.

tkramer:

thanks for checking in with us and letting us know how things are going. I saw that your cousin came on and posted something to everyone. I hope they know that this baby, whom none of us have ever met, has touched so many lives, as evident by the comments left on this and the Denven post.

I hope that they have a good time in OKC and get some enjoyment out of the concert. I'm sure their 'little rock star' would want it that way.

Edit: AND CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE! Can never start playing Muse too early ;)

We need to figure out how to get Joy and Chad some VIP attention at the OKC show... they SO deserve it after missing out on the 1st Denver gig, and now this...

I am a mess! Totally sobbing! I LOVE THIS BAND!

This. I wish there was something we could do. I tweeted to @muse that Bell's parents would be there, but who the hell knows if they got that tweet or even if they would know how to get to them. At least Joy and Chad will get to hear Starlight live :)

Just got back into Kansas City. Funeral was so sad, and yet a little bit beautiful at the same time. So many people came to see her off. Hundreds. I'll leave the personal family details out, but as it relates to the band, they did read a letter.

It talked of many things, including how Chad and Joy went to Denver while Joy was pregnant to see the band in the spring, and of course that didn't pan out. It talked about how they would crank Muse for the baby so she could hear it. :-) They talked about naming the baby Bellamy, and calling her their little rock star. And of course it talked about Matt's dedication on Saturday.

When I heard him say that onstage, I was in disbelief. I still am. It was one of those musical highs you sometimes get at the very best concerts.

I'm glad they will get a break from the last two months of pain and actually get to finally see the band in Oklahoma.

Oh, one more note, MY wife is 4 months pregnant with our first, and Saturday was OUR baby's first concert. So ironic.

And life goes on. The terrible and the beautiful side by side.

This is such a tragedy I am so sorry for the loss of Baby Bellamy. I am a Mom and can not imagine the loss of a beloved child. The lyrics to Starlight are so amazingly appropriate. Your effort will always be a dear memory for them. Congratulations on your new baby on the way!! Best wishes...

Got this from band management yesterday. (I guess they didn't know)

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your email. We do get a lot of requests for song dedications and while we appreciate how much this would mean to people, if you've seen the band live before you'll know that they don't really speak all that much during their set. Due to the nature of the show and the way that they perform, it isn't really possible for us to script the show, giving the band something particular to say. Please be assured that this isn't a lack of concern or interest on our part, it's just the way that the band perform and how the show runs

Thanks,

(name withheld)

My note back:

(Name withheld)

Actually, I want to thank you for even bothering to email back. I’m not naive as to how many of these kinds of questions, requests, etc. come the way of the band and management. I didn’t think it would work either, and I know they aren’t particularly chatty on stage.

I do want you to know that they actually DID dedicate starlight to Bell, and how that happened is far too long a story to type here. I also want you to know it meant more to Chad and Joy than even I thought it would. Sometimes we (myself included) get caught up in 50-70 hour work weeks and endless emails and meetings. But know on last Saturday night it really, really, mattered. So thanks for all you guys do at all levels of management.

Got this from band management yesterday. (I guess they didn't know)

My note back:

(Name withheld)

Actually, I want to thank you for even bothering to email back. I’m not naive as to how many of these kinds of questions, requests, etc. come the way of the band and management. I didn’t think it would work either, and I know they aren’t particularly chatty on stage.

I do want you to know that they actually DID dedicate starlight to Bell, and how that happened is far too long a story to type here. I also want you to know it meant more to Chad and Joy than even I thought it would. Sometimes we (myself included) get caught up in 50-70 hour work weeks and endless emails and meetings. But know on last Saturday night it really, really, mattered. So thanks for all you guys do at all levels of management.

Did I miss something? Do you know how they got the message?

Did I miss something? Do you know how they got the message?

I know it wasn't the band management. Actually, I think it was the last roadie I talked to. Giant of a man. I flagged him down right before Passion Pit started playing. He actually walked away, stood there and read the letter, then walked back to me and said "I can't promise you anything, but I'll see what I can do."

I know it wasn't the band management. Actually, I think it was the last roadie I talked to. Giant of a man. I flagged him down right before Passion Pit started playing. He actually walked away, stood there and read the letter, then walked back to me and said "I can't promise you anything, but I'll see what I can do."

That guy is a hero! :happy:

That's awesome. Yeah, I'd say band management was a little late on the ball considering they are just now getting back to you :rolleyes: Well, that is awesome about that roadie, I know I've said it before, but big kudos to you for getting it done. And a big :yesey: to the giant.

• 5 years later...

Archived