This is so sad, just reading it made me cry, I am so sorry for you and the rest of Bell's family. For Muse to dedicate Starlight (of all songs) to her is really sweet and sad at the same time. Well done for getting the message through...

Wow... nothing on this board has ever made me cry.... except for this story. I'm so sorry for your loss. But it's very touching that they dedicated Starlight to Bell and although that doesn't change things, hopefully it brings the family a shadow of comfort. I'll never listen to it in the same way again. Is there any footage of the video? I'll have a look in the Denver thread...

i read your story yesterday and it brought me to tears...

and now i looked again at your post... scrolling down and see that our guys dedicated starlight to bell... :'( i think there are no words to describe how you feel and there are no words at this moment to cheer you up. great to know that muse do care... from until now, i will always think of you when i listen to this song.

from until now, i will always think of you when i listen to this song.

Same here ...

I know there's propably nothing that anyone here could do that would ease the pain you and Bell's family are in. But maybe it helps to know that many, many Musers will listen to Starlight in a completely different way from now on ...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I think that the only thing that helps at times like these is to know people care and support you and this thread is evidence of lots of caring :) It was so thoughtful of you to get this dedication for Bell and so great of Muse to do it.

Love and prayers to you, Chad, Joy and baby Bellamy in heaven.

How wonderful for Muse to dedicate Starlight to Bell and your family - this shows how down-to-earth and in touch with their fans they still are.

I think many of us love Muse because of how their music has helped us through difficult times - maybe none as tragic as what your family is experiencing but I hope your love for Muse is helping to give your family strength at this time.

I'm sorry for her family's loss - I cannot imagine how devastating it must be to lose someone so young.

It is a touching and amazing thing that Muse dedicated Starlight to the memories of baby Bell. :happy: It is a very good way to remember her and a very appropriate song to dedicate and I hope it brings some comfort to her family at what is understandably a very difficult time.

Sorry about the delay, had to grab a bite to eat and then plug in my computer when I got back to the Hotel.

I am still stunned that Matt dedicated Starlight to Bell. (Bellamy) I'm was reading back through the pages in the denver thread, sorry the story confused everyone.

As for the story as to how it got to the band...

I'm not sure to this moment. I contacted management via email. I contacted the pepsi center. My wife grabbed two roadies outside the pepsi center and handed them the story in print. I got ahold of a roadie on the floor, etc. and on and on. Someone got them the story. We worked on it for the last 36 hours or so, but I don't think it was our effort as much as it was the story. A dedication to a friend or a happy birthday is, while special, not that unique. This story, if you knew the sad details, was heart wrenching. It's bad enough to lose a child, but this was more awful than most situations. This is going to mean so much to the family Bell left behind. I think that spoke to the person or persons who got this to Muse.

Here is the note I sent off to her mother less than an hour ago: (I'm going to call her tomorrow, because it's almost 2 am in Kansas.)

"Chad and joy, thank you so much for the tickets to Muse tonight. The show was incredible, one of the best I've seen.

I (we) wanted to honor the memory of your daughter in some way on this trip. A very long story made short, we were able to get a note to Matthew Bellamy. (yes, THAT Bellamy.)

He dedicated starlight to Bell, in front of 15,000 fans. It was beautiful, uplifting, and perfect. I was fortunate to catch video of the whole thing, and will share it with you all when we get to marysville.

It's a small thing compared to your loss, but know that tonight the crowd, the band, and thousands following the band online know your baby's story and strength."

Thanks everyone for your support. While this was a bittersweet concert for me, it was still so inspiring. A great night to be remembered.

Thanks for the follow-up, and again, I'm so glad someone was able to help make this happen. I hope your cousin and his wife find some measure of comfort in knowing that the band, their management and their fans -- and you -- were caring enough to have made this happen. As someone else mentioned, Muse's music has helped a lot of us through a lot of things, for most of us not even close to as tragic as this story. It really adds a new perspective to the music that already meant so much to me. Thank you for sharing, and again, I'm so sorry for the loss you and your family have suffered.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I hope what you have done for them will bring them some small measure of comfort. I don't think I'll ever be able to hear Starlight and not think of this story. I am literally still wiping the tears from my eyes.

So, I just listened to Starlight and really thought about the lyrics from a parent's perspective (seeing as how I have 2 little people, it wasn't that hard) and WOW, it's like a brand new song. I challenge any parent out there to listen to this song again, think of Bell, and if you don't cry, then you have a heart two sizes too small.

Kudos to the roadies, management, and/or whomever else got this message to Muse. You did a good thing.

p.s. can't wait to see the video, cuz I haven't teared up enough already ;)

We received the message from our cousin TKramer about the dedication of Starlight to our daughter Bellamy Kramer in Denver. Words cannot describe what he and Muse did for us. As we found out about what happened last night, we were crying, laughing, and overwhelmed. Thank you to TKramer and Muse for the dedication. We will be attending the show in Oklahoma City this Friday to honor the memory of our daughter. We are looking forward to an incredible show!

Like I said, the dedication is very short, and the first 35-40 seconds are a little shaky, (lots of jumping and bumping) but the guys nailed the song last night. You can also hear my wife react moments after and then try to be quiet when she realizes I'm filming. :-) I'm surprised how good the audio is though. It looks best at 720p.

Link:

We received the message from our cousin TKramer about the dedication of Starlight to our daughter Bellamy Kramer in Denver. Words cannot describe what he and Muse did for us. As we found out about what happened last night, we were crying, laughing, and overwhelmed. Thank you to TKramer and Muse for the dedication. We will be attending the show in Oklahoma City this Friday to honor the memory of our daughter. We are looking forward to an incredible show!

As parent, I cannot comprehend what you are going through, but please know that your story and Bell have touched so many people.

I am so glad that you are able to get some comfort and joy (however small) from this act. I don't know your cousin, but I know he really wanted to do this and was determined to make it happen. :)

I hope you enjoy your concert on Friday and I will be thinking of you and Bell when I see that Starlight has started playing.

I hope you have a great time at the show!

Like I said, the dedication is very short, and the first 35-40 seconds are a little shaky, (lots of jumping and bumping) but the guys nailed the song last night. You can also hear my wife react moments after and then try to be quiet when she realizes I'm filming. :-) I'm surprised how good the audio is though. It looks best at 720p.

Link:

He said it so clearly! So often, it's hard to make out what he says, but that's a lovely dedication :)

Archived